ACC ACC season 01 rnd1 Monza Enduro cup 90 minutes Nov 11th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 4, 2019.

1. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I completely understand the outburst. It's extremely frustrating to be involved in an incident that is absolutely out of your control. It was brain fade on my part. I just need to be more careful from now on.
    krunch, marty, Wally and 2 others like this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thank you Marty, Steve & Rolz for providing everything we need to go racing.. :cool: .. and thank you to the competitors, good bunch of blokes with no massive egos that are also super quick.. Driving against you all over the last couple of months has been a contributing factor for upping my game. :)

To be honest I didn't expect too much from last nights race. I thought if I can get anywhere from 6th to 10th I'd be fairly happy with that..

Qualy: I made a mistake and under filled the car, this cost me another run at the end which I badly needed because I ballsed up the previous three. The first two runs were not credited and the last run was very tentative and I was 1 second off my potential which should have been a flat/low 48.. I was thinking it's a long race so I just have to survive T1 and maybe a chip away at a few positions if I have a clean race.

Race: Start one was ok, I manged to get through T1 with only a light bump on the rear. A shame for me we didn't continue. Start two was a different story. I had a good run on the car in front and pulled out of the slipstream to the middle of the track. I was not going for the pass unless the driver on the left braked really early so I feel back in line. It was silly because I lost the down force therefore when I jumped on the brakes I probably was going to rear end him so I decided to go on the grass to be sure as I didn't want to be the cause of pile up number 2. I tried to not make a mess of it but I did and the car went sharp right and back onto the track which caused some mess for the last couple of guys. I am normally ok through T1 Monza so my apologies to anyone involved in that. My suspension was damaged so I had to limp back to the pits which was tricky. Waiting for me was a 45 second pit stop. I have a mental block when I see the fuel to add on the MFD. I sometimes forget that it will add this on top of the fuel that is already in the car. I made that mistake twice last night so I need to sort that out for the future. I was lapped by the first 5-6 guys and I was now carrying 120 lt of fuel. Not my intention however I thought if I can maintain the gap to 7th and not get further lapped whilst doing a long stint I'd be fairly happy with that as it tells me I could have ran in the top 10. I managed to do a 55 min stint keeping ok pace between 49.0-49.5. I was preying for SC but I forgot ACC doesn't have such features.. :D I was trying to get down to the last 30 min before I pit again however the car was starting to get a little nervous on its tyres and I made a mistake in Lesmo 2 which cost me around 6-7 seconds. That was enough for me and I decided to pit with 35m to go. Here I made another mistake with the fuel and overfilled again by 35 lt. I came out in 16th with the next two guys roughly 10 seconds or so in front. I managed to close down 15th and passed him into Parabolica and then I was set on having a go at Frosty with 15m to go. I closed that gap down however I think he was managing something because he made a small mistake and pitted late in the race. I'll take it because being 21st and a lap down after lap 1 I didn't know if I would get any points. Considering I screwed up qualy and had and average race driving around by myself, 21st to 13th was ok..
    krunch, marty, Rolz and 3 others like this.
  3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

A bit late with this report after a very busy week. It's great to finally get an ACC season underway and I'll also add my thanks to Marty, Rolz & Steve for all their efforts to get this happeneing :).

My race was pretty disastrous in terms of result but it still had plenty of elements to enjoy (<- see that, I found an 'elemental silver' lining hehe).

An early tangle in the 2nd chicane with Mael probably ruined both our races. Having seen the incident in Marty's vid I think it was a 50/50 but apologies anyway Mael. My crew chief said I was clear just before the turn-in point and it looked like you'd backed out on the radar but as I turned in you still had some overlap and off we both went. I then ambarrasingly kept spinning out on the inside of the chicane trying to just straighten up. I ended up flipping around and unintentionally nosed straight out over the kerb into the traffic exiting the chicane...
    ...and that was the result. So sorry there Bueller! I actually was not trying to re-enter at that point - I was simply trying to get my car straight. I was really caught out by how slippery it was in that zone. Even so it probably falls under an unsafe re-entry so @marty please review and penalise if warranted.

After that there were some cool battles with a number of other drivers: @SteveDrivingSlowly, @jlynn777, @Mael, @c4rLo5, @mesafto and an absolute epic to-and-fro with Vandalay :) (sorry if I forgot anyone). That stuff kinda makes you feel like the 90mins was worth the effort.

I did get stung late on with a stop & go for missing the first chicane. The big bollards were all smashed so I couldn't do the slalom thing and evidently I didn't slow down enough. I think the Kunos GUI is rubbish too which is why I didn't notice the tick next to refuel when all I wanted to do was serve the damn penalty. So my crew topped up my already over filled tank and wasted 30seconds before I could even serve the 10s penalty - maddening! I wish Kunos would implement a little bit of AI in the stops to eliminate stupid things like that.

Anyway the next race beckons so I'll try to do better this time. Also I'm temporarily without VR as I've sent mine back to Oculus due to the sound and rear LED issues I've had. Amazingly they have agreed to send me a replacement unit even though I'm way out of warranty. These are design flaws that have come to light recently but still - it's incredible customer support! So I'll be in 'pancake' mode for the next two or three rounds. I'm feeling the nostalgia already!
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Bueller and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

Lol looking at the video it was probably more like 80% me. Got distracted as I hoped for a let-by after being blocked by your re-entry at the previous chicken plus not many practice laps meant my confidence on the brakes was not good, too hesitant with the overtake, If given the same opportunity for a pass on the later laps it would have gone a lot better. That BMW may be slow but it is mighty under brakes.
    krunch likes this.