ACC Help a slow bloke...

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by Wally, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

I had an old version of MoTeC i2 Pro which I had to upgrade to the latest version to get it all to work properly.
    Not sure if you are having the same issue?
    PS For any other sim racing nerds out there like me who love poring over telemetry ... here is how to set it up: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-telemetry-and-dedicated-acc-workspace.55103/
    andyo450 likes this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Wally, andyo450 and Pablo like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

andyo450 likes this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Either I have no idea what im looking at or there's no lap= data here...
    There's data but its not broken in to laps. Looks like maybe 8 laps and 3 stops continuous
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My motec data is coming up a bit weird atm, may need to update motec maybe. I will get some laps in tomorrow and see if they pop up or see if my PB in the prac server has some data in it. Will add it to this post in a few minutes if it worked there. For some reason my track map for Brands is also broken in motec but I really don't use it much myself so I didn't even open those files before uploading. :oops:
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, looks strange, it doesn't seem to separate it in to laps, just keeps going. Was hoping to work out how to compare date with a faster lap... haha
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just had a look at the last run I did last night with my fastest lap, there are some real weird laps in there with all sorts of od times and the track map looks like an oval still. I don't know if that's because I am using an old workspace from an earlier ACC build. I checked for motec software update but it seems I am running the current version. It worked ok for Zolder and Monza but hasn't worked much at Brands for me.

I will see if I can fix it tomorrow night, if any motec experts here can give me some tips on how to make it work properly or share whatever workspace they are using.

Most of my sessions under best lap are totally screwed up, there was a 40 second lap in the last session too which I have no idea how its possible. I am not running the short layout of brands.
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I believe it registers laps based on what you set under electronics. So for my laps I set 6 laps for Motec telemetry and no mater what it registers the first as an out lap and the 6th as an in lap, so if im out for 12 laps the 7th will be a new data file with the real lap 7 as an out lap. If you set 6 laps of telemetry and do 12 laps you should have two files recorded
  9. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

You might have to regenerate the track data. Mine was showing brands hatch as a figure 8 at the start of this week. Theres a little green track icon up the top of the screen that you can do it through. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhFSHJFDC2uXjlzHRyoGDJbLseo9?e=Ildiei
    I'm also pretty sure you need to copy the 2-3KB Motec file as well as the larger ~3 MB one. I think the smaller one is what separates the laps.
  10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Yeah you need both files for the lap splits to work, even if you only export a single lap.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

You can make up a bunch of time at Brands by driving the Indy circuit :D
    nanlatt likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

A great video posted by Aris from Kunos (he is the physics dev) today covering the basics of racing lines and understanding what your car is doing. Invaluable information to anyone learning how to sim race providing a perspective of what to look for when choosing lines and making the car work.

Rolz, Wally, krunch and 1 other person like this.
  14. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Hey can one of you fast guys please put up a Motec file for Barcelona in the V8 Aston (aggressive setup)? I'm still at a loss why I'm 2 to 3 seconds off the pace in general. I feel like my lines are good, and I'm getting on the throttle as early as I can. Sometimes the Aston just feels like it takes an age to turn in slow corners.
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

If that's the case I'd figure out if the lack of turn is coming from the front or the rear, then I'd:
    • loosen the roll-bar on that end and
    • apply more damp to that end (both bump and rebound initially to generally make that end faster, though you can get the car 'seated' faster by applying more damp to the rebound, though this affects how the car enters/exits the corner)
    • Apply more negative toe to that end (speeds up turn relative to other end)

Hope that helps.
    Wally likes this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Should do something like our own weekly hotlap challenge where everyone uses the same car on a static server and people can share telemetry from that
    andyo450, marty, nanlatt and 2 others like this.
  17. andyo450

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhFSHJFDC2uXkG5HQkNXs7hhG82C?e=rKHRqG. Heres some rough laps. Default aggressive on the hotlap server in the Aston. I moved the brake bias back to 62.2 then 60% and it turned well into the slow corners, even slightly on the oversteery side. It had a slight bit of understeer in the high speed stuff though, could be track temps causing that because the left side tyres were getting toasty.
    Wally and marty like this.
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Thanks chaps, I'll see what I can learn.
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I got to within 1.8 secs of Andy's Motec time, but gee improvement is a hard road. Look at this for example:

[​IMG]

It's our throttle and brake inputs at one corner. They look nearly the same, right? Andy brakes and is off-throttle 10m later than me. At the end of the following short straight, I have lost 0.5 seconds to Andy.
    krunch and andyo450 like this.
  20. andyo450

Guessing this is t4 or t9?
    I'm holding the brakes a touch longer which helps me rotate the car at a bit higher speed. Because you're coming off the last 50% of the brakes a bit quicker your car is less settled in the front end which will lead to a bit of understeer most likely as well. The bit of throttle your using mid corner is slowing you down too. You can use quick jabs in low speed corners if you're struggling with understeer but in high speed it will only push the front wide. It lifts the front slightly which reduces the downforce the front splitter makes. Then you don't have the confidence in the car to push it into these corners so you end up having to leave a bit of margin. All those tiny little things are what end up making the differences.
    krunch and Wally like this.