ACC ACC season 01 rnd3 Silverstone Enduro cup 90 minutes Nov 25th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 18, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 3 of the season will be next Monday for the 2nd Enduro cup round, with a single 90 minute endurance race in the same format as the real Blancpain Enduro rounds. Just a bit shorter then the real race which is 3hrs long.

This will have a 65 minute max stint time, with a mandatory stop to add fuel. Tyres are optional on the stop and fuel is limited at 25 seconds for any amount.

Time scale will be 2x as the real round is a 3hr race, session times will be as below on Monday 18th of November.
    RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD = "season1"
    Hotlap static server password = "hotlap"

entry is also locked to only those on the season entry thread. All that started any rnd will be locked to the car they chose for the rest of the season.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 11am)

Qualifying 10 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Sunday 10am)

Race 90 minutes: 9:30pm AEDT (in game Sunday 3pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

NEW FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Final race results

Highlights package.

Real highlights, seems replay tv cams don't show the spray. I couldn't see :poop: the entire race but at least visually it looks not as bad here.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The Wednesday warmup races will be on an open Aussie server SA70 2x30 minutes at Silverstone. (no forced stops)

I will tame the weather down a fraction with clouds 0.25 from 0.3 and time scale 4x. This should make the thunderstorm a little less likely (about 2% chance) then the 55 minute soaking we got on Monday Practice/qualy. Still 31% chance of rain as we are in the land where its more likely to see a unicorn then catch a glimpse of the sun. :D
    SteveDrivingSlowly, nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesday warmup results.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Godzilla like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well that was some great racing. Chasing Terry all the way in race one and Kale and Rolz in race two.
    Was close, clean and great fun. Hopefully Monday is like that.

Was good how the rain came in slowly in race one, really showed how the track and most of all the curbs change with the wetness
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was some good racing sorry to @tezpez85 for the race 2 odd contact, would be interesting to see your replay vs mine. My stats didnt record a contact and in my replay its very close but I dont hear any contact and it didnt effect my car but I can see his car spin off pretty hard. Clearly there must have been a big contact to his car, Likely just a small packet loss with one of our connections as his car also slowed much more then I expected it to but I thought I just avoided contact even though I locked up and went left.

In race 1 I had some very close running with @Rolz and even our new memeber @Aleksey Fedorov had a very solid connection whenever I was next to him and some good solid pace too all the way from Eastern Russia. :D

The 911 agressive setup seems a bit too agressive, raising the ride height a bit made it much more driveable. The base setup was very twitchy and I needed to drive it way too cautiously but making the balance a bit more neutral allowed me to push much more.

The weather was pretty cool on the night, even though the weatherman took race 1 off I had a great battle wit @Rolz and @Aleksey Fedorov to the line.
  7. Aleksey Fedorov

Aleksey Fedorov New Recruit

Yes, that was great. and a lot of adrenaline yesterday))
  8. Aleksey Fedorov

after 20 minutes, it began to rain in my oculus. We must now train for long races)
    marty likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Today is 40c in Melbourne was 15c max a couple days ago tomorrow is 20 Monday will be 30 then 15 again on Tuesday.

I dont know if I will have the heater or aircon on during race nights but I really hope its not a 30+ night on a Monday proper enduro. :eek::D
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. Aleksey Fedorov

To be honest, your community is very cool. I used to get up at 5 am for the championship, play guys from Moscow)). and in 70% the first turn ended in an accident. everything is correct for you, as if everyone is building a car with their own money without a sponsor)
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Great racing last night!
    Yeah that rain coming in the final minutes was amazing and really added a new twist to the race... was gradual so I could slowly adjust... plus play with TC1/2 and Brake balance to compensate and hopefully help keep me on the track
    Great racing with new drivers that have some great skills (and pace)! Welcome again Kale Watts (not sure of your alias here sorry) and @Aleksey Fedorov look forward to plenty more great battles :thumbsup:
    I think I will struggle with 90min as recently my wrists have been aching pretty badly by the end of 60min... Will have to review seating position as @Godzilla mentioned...
    Most of us have been racing together for a few years now coming from AC... all a top bunch of people! We welcome all that try their best and respect the other drivers on the track :D

Also just a reminder to all, even if u have no Mic (or wife banning you talking to internet weirdos), please do join us on Discord on race nights... makes comms so much easier... (especially for me with VR).
    tezpez85, Aleksey Fedorov and marty like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive seen youtube videos of drivers in Moscow, thats no surprise. :D What is your ping to Moscow? Is it much different to what you get to our Sydney server.

If there was a larger user base in the Asian region we could host some more scheduled races from there but I am actually impressed with your connection to Sydney. With 95% of our racers based in Australia there is little point running main nights outside of Australia and if Eastern Russia can get a solid connect to Sydney then everyone in our timezone should actually have a pretty decent connection to the Sydney server.

The Singapore server is better for racing with those from Europe or the US but their timezone really doesnt fit with our schedule so it seems for our region which is mostly Australians using our local servers is best option currently.

Maybe once the Asian DLC comes there could be a numbers boost in that region. ;)
    Aleksey Fedorov likes this.
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Even when ICGT lands Suzuka should provide a boost in Asian region, and Bathurst should boost Australia some more (+local drivers in game will help too). I think it's nearly inevitable they plan to add both Asia and USA DLC, at least one of them is probably already in development so I reckon we'll get at least one of them and if sales of ICGT are good then they'll probably start working on the other. Fair chance British GT is possible also, however as there are already 2 British tracks in game they might focus on international reach first.
    Aleksey Fedorov likes this.
  14. Aleksey Fedorov

to European ping 200 servers, or nearby. Also our guys are less patient probably)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

R1: @Godzilla & @Aleksey Fedorov very close all the way, good pressure and pace. I wish Godz wouldn't repeatedly flash to try and put me off though :cautious:

R2: @marty I'll check my replay tonight. I agree something wasn't right because I didn't get damage notification, but the car felt totally off afterwards and even after repairs wasn't flash, but escaping to pits and after that it was fine.
    Rolz likes this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

17. GravityMsc

GravityMsc New Recruit

Lost package, I forgot to use vpn:laugh:
  18. tezpez85

19. tezpez85

@marty - Before the start of last round I clean wiped my rig and reinstalled everything. The replay option is off by default so I don't have the replay.
  20. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

so flashing is a thing now? :laugh: