ACC ACC season 01 rnd2 Brands Sprint cup 60 minutes Nov 18th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Apologies for bailing, had the wife pestering me from lap 2 about her phone. I was getting another gentle reminder when I lost it at the last corner, couldn't get it straight so decided to do my husbandly duty - and yep, turned it off and on and presto...
    Frostwa, jlynn777, c4rLo5 and 3 others like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

P1 - The rain in prac I was feeling pretty slow and average... I'm just no good in the wet... at.. all... :cry:
    Q1 - Rain was even worse :eek::confused::eek: couldn't keep the car on the track to save myself, so was just going to pull pin, but thought I'll see what the race will be like and go from there.
    R1 - Just perfect conditions (wtf??) So start from the back... should have been last, as I recorded no time at all for qual, but strangely @Mael was about 4 rows even further back :confused:
    From there, I arguably had almost the best fun drive I've had to date in ACC (minus the one bump with @Godzilla, sorry again mate :cautious:)
    Start 20th, finish 5th is a great day in the office for me :D

Glad race wasn't any longer though... as my wrists were fading fast by the end and I could feel mistakes starting to slip in...

Will see if I can get more internet ppl to take part in the hotlap challenge during the week...
    Just to add some more spice to it whilst we practice for Silverstone :thumbsup:
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Do you by any chance have your replay from the race? If you coukd upload it and share it can help to see what went on with your penalty. I can pass it on to Minolin if for some reason the mandatory stop is broken if you stopped 3 times including a tyre change in the window.

If you have auto save replays on it should be there even if you havent saved it. Results wise I cant take that penalty off will need @SteveDrivingSlowly to take a look as we can only add penalties atm not take away those the game handed out.
    Frostwa and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

OK I will take a look at that at lunchtime and see if I can remove it (once I get the confirmed green light from @marty).
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

What's this hotlap challenge?

Q1:
    Row row row your boat, gently down the stream
    Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream

R:
    Managed to pip Frosty into turn 1, and then got 2nd at some point shortly thereafter and stayed there throughout much of the 1st stint. @Captain Barracuda was all over me, but couldn't find a way through due to how tight the track is. Tried to go for the undercut in the pits however I slightly overshot the pit box and those few seconds proved costly as he came out of the pits just in front.

From there @andyo450 and Barra ran away with it and ended up 15 seconds in front by the end, however I think Barra had an incident with a blue flagger as I passed him with a few laps to go. The fezz was a handful when it got light, but will try some of these fuel balancing tricks @marty was talking about for next round. Congrats to @andyo450 and @Captain Barracuda on the podium and the silver / pro-am winners.
    jlynn777, krunch, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

My report:

FP came out in the mild rain and went alright, had done some more practice for driving in the wet and taken on some of Andy's advice in the 'help a slow bloke' thread, very handy. The rain got progressively worse during practice and everyone's times got slower, I did some testing with a full tank to check how the car would feel and the answer was - lethal AF. I tried a different line through a few of the corners and became very gentle with the gas and that seemed to help a lot and make it mostly safe. I felt like I was actually doing alright in the rain for the first time ever.

Q session was also pretty good, very heavy rain but managed to keep it on the track and hit 80% of the apexes which placed me 7th in the field, much better than normal qualy for me! Was really looking forward to an interesting and challenging race in the rain.

Then the sun came out - all of that rain practice, adjusting my brake points, finding different lines went out of the window and it was time to switch back to my dry preset. The first few corners were very close in with the pack and then space started to open up. It took me about 3-4 laps to find my feel for the dry track again and start to pick up the pace. Marty was pulling away from me in front and Rolz was catching me from behind. I knew that if I tried to defend against him (Rolz is way way faster) we would both just lose heaps of time and looking further back I saw my true rivals in Silver all queued up and waiting for exactly this - so I waited for a safe spot a left the door open on the inside, he overtook me cleanly and we could get on with fighting our real battles.

After this I had Carlos chasing but clear track in front, so I just tried to focus on staying smooth and consistent. He was right on me and then I saw him get punted in T2 and spin off (at least I think it was a punt) leaving me with a nice space in front (not gonna catch that pack of fast dudes!) and behind to relax into and just try and run my own race. After this it was fairly uneventful for me, at one stage I thought I was catching @Cooper and had the gap down to 4.8s but then I made a mistake, lost about 5 seconds, and he worked out he had his ABS/TC/ECU all still set for wet and once corrected....he was off into the distance, see ya later! Last ten minutes I was trying trying to stay ahead of Nando and Serge who were both catching me and my pace was dropping off as the tyres started to lose their stick and I had some understeer on the faster corners - luckily I managed to hold on and land 7th overall and a silver class 1st - hell yeah!!!
    jlynn777, tezpez85, krunch and 5 others like this.
  7. Rolz

your rate of progression is excellent @SteveDrivingSlowly, I anticipate alias change will be required by Season 2 :thumbsup:
  8. Rolz

tezpez85 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  9. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

#SteveDrivingNotSoSlowly
  10. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Twas a pom's summer's day at Brands Hatch
    For to qual was to slide and to catch
    But come time to race
    We could unleash our pace
    As the sun came to shine on our patch

(inspired by @tezpez85 's rendition of 'Row Your Boat Bentley Down the Stream')

In Prac I was hoping to further tweak my dry setup but... oh well. So instead I ended up assessing the grip levels of various surfaces around the track and even sometimes the track itself. I contemplated tweaks to the wet setup but it turned out adding a rudder wasn't within the regulations, so I just went with the default.

Q:
    My extensive practice at track re-entry paid off as that skill was needed a few times in qual. I did manage to set a time and so avoided the back row.

R:
    I got a good start for once but couldn't use it due to local traffic issues. That didn't seem to affect @Rolz though who may or may not have deployed a police siren as he sliced through said traffic with ease. I must say it was good work by all those around me as we all got through T1 tidily. From there it was a lot of fun in the Bentley as I battled with a bunch of other's once again.

I had cool dice with Vandalay early on, with @Wally breathing down my neck the whole time. Vandalay was holding me off for lap after lap until he unfortunately lost the rear in T1. Being right behind I had no way of avoiding him so it was kind of a gentle T-bone collision if there is such a thing. I sustained some front aero damage and lost a position to Wally but was able to carry on. Wally unfortunately got caught up in an incident a few laps later so I got that one back. Other cool dices were with Laurenson and @c4rLo5 both of whom won those battles.

I brought it home in 13th and was reasonably happy with my driving. I didn't have any real issue dropping back to a flat screen after 3 years of VR so no excuses there. I did miss the immersion of VR though. Hopefully it's only a couple of weeks till I'm back racing with a box on my head.

Congrats to the chicken dinners and podium getters of each class.
    Cya next week.
    Anon666, jlynn777, c4rLo5 and 4 others like this.
  11. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

:laugh:
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

It is my deepest desire that one day the name will move from painfully accurate description (and necessary warning to those around me) to some form of tongue in cheek/ironic humour - nowhere near that yet!

Hahaha, what a wordsmith.
    krunch and c4rLo5 like this.
  13. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Classic self-inflicted disaster for me :thumbsup:
    I quite like Brands but I'm quite rubbish at it unfortunately.
    Quali I didn't put a lap together, think I qualified on my first hot lap.
    Then the race I didn't have a dry setup saved and had no idea how much fuel to run. So tried to keep my setup incase it rained again and had a fuel estimate, and just swap to dry tyres - could not see how to do it and before I knew it I had 30 secs till the race.
    Just put in 110L and hoped that the dry track would mean I'd automatically start on dry tyres......nope. Way too much fuel and still had the wets on of course :laugh:
    My wets were on fire half way round the formation lap lol.
    I assumed I wouldn't be allowed to pit on the formation lap so I went round again (they actually didn't feel terrible) and didn't fight anyone for positions as I pitted.
    Came out on the dry tyre and I couldn't really find much pace with my setup. I fiddled around with everything I could but I just found the distraction ended up costing me more time than just focusing on driving.
    Should of done more prac and saved setups for different conditions instead of fumbling around in the countdown :rolleyes:
    krunch, SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  14. pb1

pb1 Rookie

Well, that's the first time I've ever driven in the rain; it was a pretty fun challenge.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1916718032

I was reasonably confident going in to the race and was able to find a good rythm and hold on to the back of Godzilla for several laps (after he lapped me, which I think is indicative of the.. less good moments of my race). ACC has been giving me computing issues with dropping frames heading in to some corners, which was basically like taking several long blinks at the most critical point. Heading in to Stirlings, I'd been putting tight pressure on <someone>, had taken Sheene curve the best of the night, got to the corner, braked a little earlier, he'd kept a tight line, nek minit, t-bone. I feel pretty bad about the rear-ending, but I ended up having a great battle with @jlynn777 toward the end; but was let down by being too overzealous on a track where overtaking is hard at best.

Looking forward to Silverstone, thanks to the admins, time to practice
    SteveDrivingSlowly and jlynn777 like this.
  15. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It looks like you didn't change tyres during the pit window which would be the reason for the DQ, if you make an extra stop in a sprint race with a pit window you still need to make sure the required stop is made during the window.

Here is your 1st stop in the replay though it may already have been your second. I can see why you made that stop. ;)

Here is your stop lap 18 which would be the one in the window, its a very short stop and tyres aren't changed which was the issue.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Frostwa likes this.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

That was me. I saw you had pace on me, so I was trying to keep it tight and not run out to the kerb on the right as usual, to leave you racing room.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  18. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

I think the 3rd pitstop may have been the mandatory but soooooo long ago who can remember these things :)
    marty likes this.