ACC ACC season 01 rnd3 Silverstone Enduro cup 90 minutes Nov 25th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@marty - I am hoping to join Monday's race. I have been playing around with custom liveries for the Audi Evo. Am I allowed to enter with a new livery, number, team name etc..?
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You can use any livery, with the number just let me know what number you want as we are forcing numbers server side, the skin can have any number but it will be over ridden by the server number assigned to you. The entry thread has everyones current number and if your new one is not taken I will change it to that.
  3. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

Is there a way to show the forecasted weather during a race?
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Only with the little weather Icons showing the forecast weather over the next 2 time segments, these are dependant on care time scale. At 1x time it shows the next 15/30 minutes and higher multipliers will shorten this.

All the ROOZ servers other then the static hotlap or Zolder league qualifier are running the same weather settings as the race night. If you practice in these you will get a better idea of what to expect after a few sessions especially the short qualy and short race server. As sessions change more often you will see more possibilities. However it seems Monday nights have now twice thrown a big storm into the mix, weather has been toned down a touch this week and still reasonable chance of rain but should be very small chance of a storm.

[​IMG]

The highlighted part is the dynamic weather settings in servers atm, temp is set to 20c in config but this can vary a few degress either way too. That's the closest you will get to a weathet forecast in ACC atm. Hopefully this will be improved quite a bit in the game UI to give at least a basic future session forecast.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thank you Marty. #747 please. My new paint saved 3kg on weight.. :cool:

[​IMG]
    Captain Barracuda likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I scraped all the paint off mine to bare carbon, easily worth a few tenths. :D

[​IMG]

Why did you avoid the 737, are you scared of crashing. :roflmao:
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Coanda and Captain Barracuda like this.
  7. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

Thanks @marty. This only show for me while I'm in the pits. Is there a way to get these to show during the race
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In the pit MFD setup screen it shows weather or if you press TAB it shows the full leaderboard and weather at the top corner. I do that as it can be done quicker then scrolling through pit MFD, a quick press can show the info needed while on a straight. I have asked to have weather and temp info available at all times in car but seems devs aren't too keen on this idea.

I also asked for better info regarding future and past sessions weather, this is being worked on as is most of the GUID currently.
    Pablo likes this.
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I actually bothered to look up the actual 2019 regs for this, here:
    http://www.racb.com/images/2019_-_B...ions_with_cover.pdf2019040553_1554457193r.pdf

and the rule says:
    33.17 Drivers may not flash their headlights (main beams) as a warning or indication more than 3 times in succession between any two successive corners. Any car reported to have exceeded this number of flashes will be given a warning. A second infraction for any car during the Competition will result in a drivethrough penalty.

So when you were following me and flashing down the straight or entering a corner repeatedly, I'd argue that you're not doing it as a warning or indication, but purely to distract and that should carry a warning and penalty as the rule states for unsporting behaviour:

15. UNSPORTING BEHAVIOUR Any Incident in the paddock, pit lane or the track, such as provocative acts of any kind, verbal or physical threats or unsportsmanlike behaviour, or any action or occurrence in relation to any Event(s) or Competition(s) that could be considered to be in contravention of Blancpain GT Series spirit, which is committed by a Team member or a person under the responsibility of a Competitor, may be reported to the Stewards of the Meeting who will take any action they consider suitable. The Team will be held responsible for the actions of the persons within their entourage and may be penalised accordingly.

In particular, penalties may be awarded for offences affecting the security of the event or Competition according to the scale below
    • Grid penalty
    • Loss of all qualifying times
    • Stop and go penalty of a duration up to 5 minutes
    Rolz and krunch like this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Read those "warning or indication" is fairly open to interpretation. I believe warning would be you are lapping a car and flashing them and indication would be basically anything, indicating that you are there would fit.
  11. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, but I could just ask you if there was any good reason to be flashing. If the answer is to just try and put me off, that's unsporting behaviour.

Flashing lapped traffic is ok, but I can't see a good reason to use it otherwise.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Marty they don't let me on flights anymore.. :cool:

The 747-8F is back! Good old reliable gets the job done..

[​IMG]
  13. pb1

pb1 Rookie

By incrementing the meeting ID I found:
    https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/noticeboard?meeting_id=121
    Thankfully there's no bull:):):):) in the Silverstone briefing, like there was in the Paul Ricard one, about "Alcohol tolerance is 0" pfft :p

Re: blinking, aren't the lights set up to blink 3 times on activation, so is that three activations, or one?
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I think I'm going to have to drop out of this season. I can get any pace or consistency at all, I've never been fast but I can't get near times I set in a previous session (last night in my first hot lap in the 2019 Porsche I hit a 2.00.8 and today I'm a second slower and struggle to stay on track. Same with the Merc from session to session.) I know I'm having issues with pedals but frustration is setting in and I'm actually hating racing right now so I'll continue to join in the hotlap sessions but I won't wreck everyone's week by being a burden on track (which right now I am)
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That's a shame, stick with it. Also if you go to this thread people may help you find some pace and consistency. Don't be too scared off by the top times on the list, the main reason we are trying to run multiple classes for the season is to allow people at all levels someone to race. Single lap pace isn't the biggest thing and trying too hard looking for pace can lead to frustration when its really just meant to be a bit of fun for all.

Moving to other sims isn't always easy even more so if moving from different platforms to one with a few seasoned veterens that may be a little intimidating at first. ;) If you can try and get into a Wednesday warmup round you can get your feet wet with some racing that's a little more casual and also general a couple of shorter 30 minute races not the full Monday distances.
    krunch, Rolz and Coanda like this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey mate,

it’s your call but I am very familiar with that type of frustration, and in my experience doing long races with this bunch of great drivers is the best thing you can do. I always find that a few days after an enduro, my hot lapping pace has drastically improved - plus, these races are fun, all the way through the field!
    krunch likes this.
  17. pb1

pb1 Rookie

You should definitely stick with it, but if it's not fun then a break can be a good thing too. I've been finding a bit of the same as yourself with massively swinging performance from one day to the next. For me it's a mix of my own energy levels, game config (weather/track condition/tyre wear/fuel load), Mabo and the vibe.

Unless you've done several full GP sessions on a single track, the reality is that you don't 100% know the circuit, which is where I'm at with Silverstone and most of the others too.. If you haven't done so already, next time you're on a server go spectator on one of the front runners. You may see different lines which you haven't taken before, different breaking markers etc. and if you're in discord hopefully the person you're watching can talk you through some of it.

One last word of advice, which I will do my best to adhere to tonight, is to make it through a race incident free. Being slow and finishing is better than being fast and wrecked; case in point is last week with @jlyn777 being slower than me, but when the flag fell he was a couple of positions in front of me.. Chin up and I hope you find a way to stay around :)
    krunch and Anon666 like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Congrats to all that stuck it out that was pretty brutal, I guess the dynamic weather is still fairly broken with yellow storm for 80 minutes then the rain stops with 30 seconds to go just to say :poop::poop::poop::poop: you all. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Results and highlights video in 2nd post, @Godzilla will be given his 2nd place back which somehow went missing.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Godzilla like this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thanks. Curious what my lap time is for the second last and last lap. I think it may see it as one lap
  20. GravityMsc

GravityMsc New Recruit

I think you should respect the blue flag. I was behind of you with 0.x second in the last one and a half laps.