ACC ACC season 01 rnd 5 Misano Sprint cup 2x 30 minute sprints Dec 9th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 5 of the season will be next Monday December 9th for the 2nd Sprint cup round, with 2x 30 minute sprint races in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds. Just a bit shorter then the real races which are 1hr each.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This will have a 10 minute midnrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session prior to both races. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, dont be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you dont start with enough.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season1" Hotlap server password is "hotlap"

entry is also locked to only those on the season entry thread. All that started any rnd will be locked to the car they chose for the rest of the season.

Time scale will be 2x as the real round is 2x 1hr races, session times will be as below.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Friday 5pm)
    Qualifying 1, 10 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Saturday 5pm)
    Race 1, 30 minutes: 9:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 8pm)
    Qualifying 2, 10 minutes 10:05pm AEDT (in game Sunday 12am)
    Race 2, 30 Minutes 10:35pm AEDT (in game Sunday 2pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

NEW FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.
    Yanet's Weather Forecast :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    As Dynamic weather is still broken it will be another dry race weekend, we had enough rain the first 3 rounds so it will stay dry until weather is fixed in ACC servers. Misano looks to be a hot one with the hotlap server being mid day wit 30/36 temps and the race night sessions will be the same as the practice servers currently setup. Q2 should be similar to the hotlap server all other sessions likely a little cooler.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesday warmup will be changed up a little as the round format is the usual Wednesday 2x30 sprints.

For Wednesday it will be 3x15 minute sprints with 5 minute qualy sessions prior to each race. There will be a 10 minute pit window still so people can test out the pit stops during the races while still keeping an overall shorter format.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

awesome - great work mate - now bring it!
  5. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

What time does the first quali session start tonight?
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will keep it the same as Mondays, 9:15 AEDT Q1 with server going up at 8:30 for a 45 minute practice then Q5 R15 Q5 R15 Q5 R15.
    Pablo likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server is up server 02 for Wednesdah Warmup. Password server with pass "season1" open to those not in the season that have the pass.

Races are 3x15 minutes with a 5 minute qualy before each race, there is a 10 minute pit window with a compulsory tyre change to give people some extra pit stop practice as a few have had issues still on Mo days. No fuel is allowed to be added during the race so just a condensed sprint format.
  8. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

@Anon666 sorry for the punt at the beginning of race 3. My bad.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the races all that turned up, hopefully a few more got used to the pit stops after that as there werent any DQ's last 2 races.

RESULTS
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Cheers all, was a fun evening! :)
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just a reminder to everyone as some complained that the races are different conditions to the hotlap server. The hotlap server is fully static, the session start times are in the first post and server 1 public no stops and server 2 password with pit windows stops will have the same session start times and weather of the servers on Monday.

If all people do is run in the hotlap server they may get a surprise on race night, there is a reason we have a bunch of servers up but people usually gravitate to hotlaps when it wont necessarily be the best practice for racing on Mondays. The Wednesday races will also have session start times around what Monday will be.;)

Once dynamic weather comes back in it will be even more likely the hotlap server will be nothing like race conditions.
    Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Good racing gents - had fun even though I had some troubles with net/gear - hopefully I can fix my rig before the next one! I literally busted the chair off it when braking hard into T7 and almost ended up on my back - haha!
    krunch, Rolz, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

That was some nice weather tonight..

[​IMG]
    krunch, tezpez85, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I prefer our new weathergirl, she also got it right at least in terms of what server is set at 28C. It will still vary depending on cloud cover and time of day. The set temp isnt a max temp either but is somewhat related to what you get.

Originally I had cloud at 50 percent which dropped track temps a bit but it was quite dark so I reduced clouds a little and this has raised temps some. As weather is not dynamic it will be within a few degrees of what you got the same time of day Wednesday. Also the same as the race practice servers and as written in the weather forecast, it really shouldnt be a big surprise to anyone.

Hopefully we can get dynamic weather back in servers by the end of the season without the constant thunderstorms.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

tasty.. I've been to Mexico a few times, gems like that are pretty common.. o_O:cool::thumbsup:
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  16. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I use the hotlap for setups as conditions are static and I don't have to adjust tire pressures... just work on everything else...
    But I try for race night fuel load setups and qual (10min) setups... very rarely have I done a 3lap screamer setup on the hotlap server.
    Then I can just change tire pressures on race night and I'm pretty comfortable...
    Interestingly I noticed last night there isn't much tire pressure difference between a 30deg and 39deg track... I dropped pressures by 0.4
    but then if it was colder, say 26deg track, my 30deg track pressures seemed to do ok... possibly because I find the Porsche more forgiving slightly under-pressured over slightly over-pressured
    pb1 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

This guy does good ACC track guides:

pb1 and Rolz like this.
  18. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

There's a chance I'll miss the racing tonight for two reasons. I have a school presentation on which may go beyond 9pm, plus my internet has all but died and I'm at the mercy of the Optus customer 'care' system.

If I don't get a miracle, have a good race all!
  19. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

At least it's not Razer. Worst manufacturing standards and customer service ever - never buying from them again after getting burned multiple times. I wish there was a :):):):) list for :):):):) companies.
    krunch and marty like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the racing tonight, results are up in the 2nd post. Season standings are half uploaded will need @SteveDrivingSlowly to check the upload for the 2 race format there as it only has race 1 atm.
    Pablo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.