ACC ACC Tips Tricks Workarounds & Issues thread

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by marty, Dec 4, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seeing a few guys have been having some issues still on race nights and especially the guys new to ACC. I think a thread where we can put together all hints and tips people have to make the user experience a bit better for all should help most get some better results on race nights and have some less frustrations which are a bit too common still in ACC. I will try add whatever people suggest in the thread to the first post, if we can make a single thread where people can come to try figure out the little idiosyncrasies of ACC it should help all noobies and also many of those more experienced in ACC to get a better end user experience.

Anyone with some good tips they have found post them here and if anyone has some questions its likely others may have a solution or workaround to help.

• Pit limiter, it only works in 1st gear. You need to slow to the limit before you cross the line where the "50" sign is. Even with auto limiter you cant just fly into pit lane and expect it to brake for you or get on the limiter if your not in 1st gear.
    • Pit stop, you need to turn off the engine and stop reasonably close to your pit box. If you go too far or stop to short they wont move your car into position and you need to get closer. Entering pits if you turn your engine off as your braking you will save some time on the stop, once stopped there is a current bug/exploit where you can turn your engine on and at the end of the stop the engine will cut then restart itself. Its probably the quickest way to get away until this may be fixed in a future update.
    • Fuel, make sure you have enough Sprint rounds dont allow you to add any fuel and Enduros with 65 min max stints means you shouldnt need to fuel save in too many cars. There are some that are still thirstier then others so in practice figure out your rough fuel burn and make sure you have enough. Keep an eye on how much you burn every 15 minutes in a race to give you an idea if you have enough or not. If you need to save fuel its much easier to save 5L over 45 minutes then it is to save it in 2 laps.
    • Fuel load and Aero, running heavy fuel will have a significant effect on aero balance during the run. In a "practice" session only there is an extra "fuel load" testing to test aero with race start fuel loads. You can use this to adjust your race setup.
    • Practice, if all the practice you do is in the hotlap server you will be good at hotlapping. The races are all enuro's and even the sprint rounds arent that short. Being quick over a single lap in optimal conditions doesnt earn any points, there are always servers setup in race conditions. They may not be as busy but racing others I find teaches me more then hotlapping solo which is mostly what happens in the hotlap server even if others are in. Its often hard to get close to others so you would learn much more doing shorter sprint race practice.
    Coanda, krunch, c4rLo5 and 3 others like this.
  2. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

To raise the height of your HUD elements, find your hud.json file (usually located here: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config) and change the number in this line:
    "safezoneBottom": 300,
    I have mine set to 300 which (for me) moves the pop up messages just above my dash so they don't get in the way.
    Coanda, krunch and marty like this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Get all buttons mapped... and labelled so it is a bit easier until the memory muscle has kicked in...
    krunch and marty like this.
  4. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

With lots of stuff to manage in a race in ACC you might run out of map-able buttons, plus some keyboard-only functions can't be mapped to buttons. JoyToKey is a useful utility to assign keyboard keys to any button or axis. If you have an old usb joystick lying around it can be key mapped to things like brake bias, TC, ABS or anything else really.
    Eg. Mine is set up using 6 distinct zones:
    Code:
    TC+ BB+ ABS+
     \   |   /
      \  |  /
        ---
      /  |  \
     /   |   \
    TC- BB- ABS-
    As a VR user I find grabbing a lever is much easier than doing the braille thing searching for the right button. I've also mapped a button on my wheel for the key combo for re-centring VR as ACC's in-game button mapping for that is a bit weird.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

This exploit does not work in the Ferrari 488 with no aids on. Unfortunately leads to slightly slower stops.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Can you not turn the engine off early or does firing the engine during the stop not work? are you using manual clutch? If you turn the engine on early hold the clutch it will cut after being dropped but refire again automatically. Full throttle in 1st and it works in the few cars I tried, I didnt try in the Ferrari however.

I did make a post about the exploit at official forums and devs fixed a couple other parts pretty much the next day but said they need a bit more work to fix this engine firing up exploit.
  7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

This doesn't work for the AMG either. While it was never banned officially I thought it was something players abandoned as it's a bug and not intended as a feature. If it is still in use it's a direct disadvantage for the Ferrari and the Merc (unless @tezpez85 and I are just "doing it wrong").
  8. tezpez85

Believe me I've tried to replicate it to get a similar advantage, but I couldn't get it to work. I'd turn on the engine during the stop, and using manual clutch after the car gets dropped, I tried flooring it / dropping the clutch / easing it in to no avail.

I still have to clutch in, press the starter, and release clutch gingerly post drop.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I can hold the ignition button in the Lambo and the engine cranks and fires as soon as the car is dropped, can’t see how it could be faster
  10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Thinking you're cranking the starter once controls release, which is the same as what Tez and I are doing. There was a video Marty posted on Kunos forum a while back showing the hack. The car blasts off the second it drops off the jacks without having to wait for the engine to crank.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I tested the merc and it works exactly the same as in the Porsche, In the races last night I wanted to compare the time loss. Between waiting to be dropped to start the engine or doing it during the stop and so starting it just as the stop timer runs out.

Unfortunatly I had a disconnect in race 2 so couldnt see actual time loss to field and we dont have any real data on stop times. Race 1 I did the start engine during stop and this seems identical to starting the engine as the timer runs out. Maybe even quicker timing the engine start as doing it during the stop first cuts the engine then refires it. Very close between the two.

Last race I tried waiting til the car was completly dropped and they said go. This was probably 3 seconds slower and I lost heaps of time on my stop to everyone else I was racing so clearly a considerable disadvantage to the field. However it should be the same for all and clearly the ferrari wasnt slower on its stop as last race I waited til go and lost considerable time to @tezpez85 in the race and he said he even hit the wall on entry. I lost over 3 seconds to both @Rolz and @andyo450 plus a spot to Terry in that 3rd race.
  12. Rolz

Hmm I haven't really been paying attention to this at all as I couldn't get it to work it seems...
    I do turn my car off just before I completely stop
    But I've tried turning the car on before pit is done and it works, but my car turns off again when the timer stops and I drop to ground so I have to turn it on again... been that way for me in the Merc and Porsche
    So now I try to turn it on when I see pit timer disappear and that works... but doesn't feel like any hack
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Most of the issues with pits were addressed by the devs, the engine start seems reasonable it just needs either to have a penalty for starting too early if thats meant to be a rule or let you to start and not shut off again if your allowed to start before being dropped.
  14. Wally

Wally Team Driver

My own little tip for pit stops relates to finding the right spot to stop, which I find hard just using the box. When my car is put in the right spot I've seen that a mark on the dash lines up nicely with one of the new wheels that's waiting there, and I use that as my reference point.
  15. Rolz

Will have to check this one out... it's something I'd like to improve on!
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Probably a disadvantage to using a single screen there, I have no idea where the best place to stop is so its just stop and hope. :D
    SteveDrivingSlowly and nanlatt like this.
  17. tezpez85

Yeah, I always miss the pit-box a little
  18. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Maybe a macro to change to an overhead view as cruising into the pits so you can line up the box perfectly :laugh:
  19. tezpez85

I feel like that would make me miss it worse! Is that what you do?
  20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Lol no I haven't done it, I just roll in and hope I stop near to the right spot. I do like my macros though and while it's something that would be cool to do, it's not really in the spirit of the racing so I won't be doing it :D
    marty likes this.