ACC Hotlap Challenge!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks Marty.. Seems no one can touch the 43's but you..

yeah the climate here is just about right for all sorts of nasties.. Funny thing Filipino girls do is sit in a row of 4 or 5 and pick the lice out of each others hair.. seems to be a weekly hookup and natter..
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I suspect @andyo450 will get there easy enough and the Merc supposedly likes the hot conditions so @Captain Barracuda will probably go straight into the 32's. Id be surprised if I am within 1 second of the best time there.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

this track seems to let you take a lot of the inside line before you get pinged... I haven't tried the hotlap server again since our Wednesday race night... learnt a bit chasing Marty/Andy that night so keen to try again... but will only be Sunday I think with outside simracing commitments this weekend... :cautious:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Yea you're fine as long as you have 2 wheels on the first stage of the kerbs. Seems pretty close to what they get away with in real life though.
    krunch, Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

yeah mind blowing what these two guys (@Captain Barracuda @andyo450 ) are doing.. very nice :cool:
  6. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I think that Merc is burning illegal oil.. :devilish::p
  7. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

not sure how you guys feel about this or if it is even possible. Any chance of adding the sector splits? No biggy if not..
    nanlatt likes this.
  8. Rolz

I see ur up early doing hotlaps @Coanda - updated leaderboard just for you :)
    Coanda and marty like this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

thanks mate. cooler in the night + the baby is sleeping.. no biggy however it still shows the misano times..
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just changed the links in 1st post.
    Rolz and Coanda like this.
  11. Rolz

I think I might have doen it over the top... @marty can u confirm u can see the in forum preview?
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I can see the preview now after I changed links, it still had Misano before then. As you cant see the previews in this forum it does make it a bit tricky for you. :p
    Rolz likes this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a WIP version of the hotlaps leaderboard where you can select any track and see the results. Obviously we haven't had a hotlap board on all tracks yet so many have no data as yet.
    Godzilla and krunch like this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That’s really cool. Is that on a publicly viewable site somewhere?
    If we could run one permanently with set conditions that are listed somewhere it would make a cool global leaderboard. Could probably get it stickied on the ACC forums
  15. Rolz

:poop::poop::poop:'s me to tears why I can't see this :mad:
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

The plan is that ALL of this will be publicly available with no monthly subscription (take that iRacing..!).

We are still fairly early in development at the moment and as I keep blowing everything up in unexpected and annoying ways, have made the decision to control the amount of people that have direct access just for a while longer, and break out the bits that are needed to run the league in forum posts here (linked directly to the actual site).

This is because the amount of bugs that will be found and then reported if we open up access, the frustration this may cause people, plus ideas and requests that will come in will likely put people off and/or blow up my tiny brain - and a lot of the stuff may have already been reported or collected as part of the discussions we are having as we build this in the background.

So in short - we are operating a kind of 'closed alpha' for the site right now as development time is extremely limited (literally lunch times and the odd hour on the weekend for me and the closed alpha guys spare moments to test things and discuss their ideas between their many other admin type duties and jobs around here).

BUT soon - hopefully in the first couple months of the new year - we will get to the next phase which we could call a kind of 'closed beta' where I will issue all of the regulars here with their own log in credentials and then you can all have full (viewer) access to the site (admin rights will be reserved for the actual league and server admins here). You will also be able to see the future development roadmap.

At this point I'll start a thread on the forum here where everyone can report bugs/problems, make feature requests or submit ideas. I will collect all of these up into the roadmap and then everyone will be able see what the future of the project looks like and even how they have influenced the development along the way.

It is however, absolutely not my intention to take traffic away from this site - and depending on how this all goes, that is something we'll need to think about in the future. This should be a tool that brings traffic and users TO Rooz, to help grow the ACC/general community here and add value for all members with bigger grids and a nice level of competition across all classes.

Later it may be that we open it up to allow non-authenticated log ins (full public access), but honestly I am not sure about that as I want to keep it chill, as a tool mainly 'By Rooz, for Rooz' and don't want to have to spend hundreds of hours on security type stuff, or create lots more admin work. We'll see about that later!

Side note: I just bought a two year subscription to iRacing so I can see how they do what they are doing and if I can learn anything from that, and honestly...not impressed so far! They are 'winning' (much debate around what that means) because they have a system that works and they have a lot of users in it providing a constant supply of competition and a way to track your performance. The sim itself (although I have only just licked the edge) doesn't feel anything like as good as the general feel of driving in ACC IMO - and the site is functional, but ugly (2000's design although there is a beta UI I haven't tried yet) and also missing a lot of tricks in terms of giving data that I think users would like to see about races and about their performance. It is no small feat of course to deliver what they have, but it is also encouraging to think that a company like Kunos could - if properly motivated/financed - really shake up the sim world. There is certainly a huge opportunity in that for them (market share )
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Coanda, krunch, marty and 3 others like this.
  17. Rolz

Careful @SteveDrivingSlowly there is an iR crowd here at ROOZ and they sense any comments made about their sim...
    to be fair they recently hit 100k active drivers... so there is a lot they must be doing right too..
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Are you accessing rooz via http or https version? The secure version doesn't display this type of embedded content.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Good detailed update Steve, thanks. I raced a bit of iRacing back in the early days, and have occasionally renewed my subscription since. Gotta say it never really grabbed me either for a number of reasons and I've struggled to motivate myself to use it while subscribed. But, they have everything in one place, and that IMO is the biggest hurdle for sim racers. You can race scheduled championship events, access results etc all in the one place. For some reason the majority of players can't bring themselves to jump that hurdle of signing up to an external site to access the league racing experience (but they're happy to spend hundreds of hours of despair in public MP instead). Hopefully CP servers gain some traction with their new model and we start to see a larger "serious" user base shifting to ACC which could only have a positive flow on effect for leagues.

Based on what you're working on ROOZ hopefully will be positioned well to appeal to these users.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Absolutely mate - can't deny that in any way, and I love watching the guys on youtube it is great. I have only raced 4 times in in global mazda so please take my comments as they are - massively uniformed first impressions!!!
    Rolz likes this.