SEASON 9 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Rnd 4 Algarve... the random slot at end only made us wait to pit after lap 17 to see what the weather would do...as it was fine the track conditions did not change and the weather was boring:thumbsdown:.... would have preferred two randoms.:)..but thanks to @blackwidcatz and @AdgeR502 fighting for third there was some great pack racing...few bumps, dives and taps:eek:....overall pretty fair:thumbsup:... Sorry to @fatmix68 for the spins:confused:..@anne I did pass you on the artifical grass coming out of turn 5 but I was just making sure I did not hit you, i did think about it for a while and decided to let you past in turn 14 of the lap:rolleyes:..catch you next week racers for the wet one:cool:
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. Antmeg26

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Race 5 NBurg... At the start I Got caught behind @Blackwildcatz and @Doski fighting for 3rd...Then others caught us... got swamped and tangled up with@Angry on back straight and down to last.... Fought with @Angry for last place for most of the race..pitted end of 21..... Finally the last lap got @Tuddy and into 7th/8th cannot remember then disconnect.... Thanks for the racing see ya next week:thumbsup:
    George likes this.
  3. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    With the usual low amount of practice and none in the rain. I was pretty happy with my pace, surprised where I came out after pits but had no pace to hold it. Antmeg got past then went on a funny line which made me divert my line to let angry through, then disappeared. Oh well. Was fun and the race time went quickly to me.

Just a note. 1st corner I was well wide and back, still some how got smacked off the track. Got going to find no one was there to redress. If I had dived up the inside I would understand but that put me some unnecessary time behind.
    Antmeg26 and Anthonyb like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  5. Josh

Josh Rookie Gold Member

I'm overseas for the next few weeks so I won't be racing tonight or next week
    Cheers for the good racing guys il be back next year for more fun :)
    annelorrianne likes this.
  6. George

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Qualified: 7th of 8.
    Race: was keeping it pointing forward, got pushed into pitlane at to high of speed, unfortunately @fatmix68 was there so I got him hard enough to rotate him which lead to a DQ for him and me having go through pit after his disappeared and pointless in continuing.

After race I drove home. 1 1/2hr round trip to race just to get pushed off on the 1st racing lap. That's what's disappointing.

I didn't stay to get the replay so if someone has a copy and can share who caused 2 peoples races to end that would be great.
    fatmix68 likes this.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

That's :):):):)
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :(
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  9. George

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    So after bit of a melt down last night, Anne has provided me with a replay showing that I screwed it all on my own and thus ruining @fatmix68 race. I am very sorry to Fatmix and accept that I should be at least DQ'ed as thats what happened to him, as its the only way for me to redress.

I do stand by that the car felt like something happened to it under brakes, at a guess my positioning half on concrete/ half on tarmac may have been it. That positioning was not something that under any testing I would have assumed I needed to come across there, and was only there as a giving racing room to those i was next too.

This season I have been in 6 races and 1/3 of those i have been taken out with no redress in the opening laps. The Merc has definitely not been the ideal choice of car (I can not imagine those who almost went the Opel would had felt), even on stable it is extremely loose and therefore slower making my pace closer to that of Div 4 mid pack (slower than the top 3-4 Div 4 cars). These things have caused me to be extra cautious around others as i can not catch back up and am in constant need of the ideal line to merely stay with the pack.

TLDR; I screwed up trying to stay away from others and ruined someones race. Sorry again @fatmix68
    Anthonyb and fatmix68 like this.
  10. annelorrianne

annelorrianne Rookie

Good morning just making sure that everyone has remembered early start for Sunday night. Qualifying will be at 7.10 and l will open room about 6.30. If this time does not suit anyone please let me know and will go back to old time.
    George likes this.
  11. Antmeg26

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Looks like I missed out on a little excitement for Rnd 6. I am still away for Rnd 7:(:(
    Congrats to @brettwant7 who should win championship.:thumbsup:
    It is and will be close for the minor places.:eek:
    Thanks to @annelorrianne for hosting.:thumbsup:
    I had lots of fun. See you next season.:cool::cool:
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Dosy, brettwant7 and Anthonyb like this.
  12. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

Thanks for the season guys it was my first season in div 3 and really enjoyed the clean hard racing. I was happy with my results I went into the final round 3rd in the championship but got disconnected during the race so don't think I will be 3rd anymore I was having a relatively good race too was running 4th at the time. Thanks for the season.
    Dosy, annelorrianne and Anthonyb like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    HI All,
    First up, apologies for not getting any sort of drivers briefing up last week....That time of year and just ran out of time to get it done. :(

To all our div winners, congratulations, was a tough season in a car that was very tight on lap times for most drivers in most Divs. Was a lot of drivers saying how good their racing was, so that was also a positive.

Thanks to all the room hosts, and captains for helping us out. Most weeks we had pretty big grids, so there are always issues that seem to go with that. Thanks for working through those issues.

Thanks to @Bounty05 for doing an outstanding job with the tables. Your help with these has been greatly appreciated.

Also a big thanks to @Ad2mny and @garyw61 for their help with the stewards group. As always, it is a :):):):) of a job, but someone has to do it ! in terms of driving standards this season i would say it was generally pretty good. That said, some of the stuff we saw was a little disappointing to not be redressed, including some incidents that were seen but not protested.While im sure some of the protest results could be debated for weeks, we have always 'tried' to be as impartial, fair and consistent as we could be. The only thing to add in this regard, is the fact that if your dont protest, its pretty hard to hold drivers to account 'IF' they are doing the wrong thing ;)

With all that said, its time for a break !
    Been a huge year of racing across all platforms, and more pleasing was the fact we kept close to 60 odd drivers enter for the last season of 2019. Hopefully season 1, 2020 can hold numbers and we have more great racing.

I will try my best to sort the prize draw for this season (selby prize), and we are yet to draw for last season as well (ignition) !
    We were waiting on the iRacing guys to get their names in to us. Ill try to sort this week with @@Anon666 and the guys.

ALSO DONT FORGET - IF YOU ARE A GOLD MEMBER YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO INTO THE DRAW FROM THE GAMESMEN FOR LOGITEC PRIZE. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw-2018-2019.3252/

Cheers stu
    Antmeg26, Dosy and Ad2mny like this.