GT Sport Season 9 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Arrgh, dang it! I knew I was doing something wrong! :p
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo finishes for the year
    Noxrai, emmo46 and gtkingx like this.
  3. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Thank you Enzo. Your track laps have been very much appreciated all season. :inlove:
    Easyprey007 and Max Gassit like this.
  4. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Pink to make the boys wink
    gtkingx and emmo46 like this.
  5. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Lol
  6. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I'd be happy if I get 4th. It would be my best result for the season. 3rd place would be ideal, but that's wishful thinking considering how things have gone for me.
    LE_bananajosh likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Noxrai on Pole
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12th FSR_SupNine - 2:28.418
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Noxrai and Hatfield like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations @gtkingx on the championship win and @NAACS as runner up.. An excellent win in the final race for @Noxrai promotes him up to third in the championship. It was a hard fought season with 5 winners on the top step over the season. Well done all. 12 racers in the final round was an excellent showing.
    gtkingx and Noxrai like this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Nice work @Noxrai wheel or pad tonight?
    Noxrai likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Wheel and inner div 1 demon released. o_O
    Noxrai likes this.
  11. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Probably my most perfect race out of all the seasons! I put in a good couple of hours on friday night once I set up my wheel. It's also the most I have practiced all season too. Just did laps and laps just trying to get comfortable with it again. I was no where near as consistent as I was tonight though. Was absolutely in the zone. It felt fantastic to be back and finish on an incredible high.

(I'm going to gloat about this extra little bit, but I think I may have beaten keedans overall race time. Let's all ignore the fact he did donuts before the finish line. Let me bask in that glory for a bit)

Huge congrats to gtking on winning the championship and to naacs to his 2nd. I hope I did ok on my first hosting duties.

This will most likely be my last season of Sunday Night Races. So thanks to all that have help make this league happen and to all that have participated. It has been mega fun.
    Matthyus, Hatfield, NAACS and 2 others like this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Don't forget that keeden was probably a bit too drunk to drive on the road legally
    Noxrai likes this.
  13. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Shhhh no one needs to know that.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I don't believe that aliens are affected by alcohol in the same way that us humans are :p
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Well he still got pole so you're right
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  16. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Absolute mad lad.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  17. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Disappointed to miss out on a podium, but 4th is my best result for the season. I chose not to do a 2 stop to maintain track position, as I would struggle more in the pack. Being on a controller means that it's harder to manage the tyres, so I'd lose grip faster than other drivers. I didn't want to take that risk. However I can't complain too much though as I barely put a foot wrong.
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  18. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I had a poor qualifying session making the mistake of not using the tow

Then my race got off to a shocker, I managed to get past fubbles at the start of lap 2 before almost immediately driving off the track. I thought it was all over at that point but was very pleased with the way I drove the second half of the race, no where near as fast as I had been in practice but solid and consistent and pulled off a really good fightback

I've been driving hundreds of laps each week for the second half of the season which is how I move from the middle/back of the pack to nearer the front. Still, my championship win was a case of doing a Bradbury, Naacs made a few crucial errors which allowed me to come through and take the win.

cheers to all for a great fun season, I look forward to the next one
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Congratulations @gtkingx on winning your debut championship!
    Well done @NAACS & @Noxrai on rounding out the podium.
    We will probably see you 3 in division 1 next year.

Thanks to all the room hosts, and captains for assisting throughout the season.

Big thanks to @Matthyus for all your work on the tables and collecting/sorting the data for our divisions.

Another big thanks to my fellow stewards @Viperzed @emmo46 @JonoStan96 . It can be a testing job to have.

We will now be having a league break until Term 1 next year (26 Jan or 2 Feb)
    Been a huge year of racing across all platforms, and apart from the enduro round, we had no less than close to 50 odd drivers all other rounds of this season. Hopefully season 10, the first of 2020, can hold numbers and we have more great racing.

@stucar17 is trying his best to sort the prize draw for this season (selby prize), and we are yet to draw for last season as well (ignition) !
    We were waiting on the iRacing guys to get their names in to us. Stu will try to sort this week with @Anon666 and the guys.

ALSO DONT FORGET - IF YOU ARE A GOLD MEMBER YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO INTO THE DRAW FROM THE GAMESMEN FOR LOGITEC PRIZE. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw-2018-2019.3252/

If your appetite for racing still exists in the off season, head over to the community events section:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/community-events.12/

Next Saturday 14/12 is the Spa 3 Hr @JonoStan96 is organising:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/wet-event-14-12-2019-3-hours-of-spa.3878/

MAKE SURE YOU TUNE IN this Sunday 15/12 for the live stream of the ROC thanks to Demo 1 Garage:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/bjh-roc-15-12-bjh-memorial-race-of-champions.3872/

@Bryan may be holding more TCR rounds on free Sundays in the off season so sign up if that interests you:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-2019-rooz-tcr-cup.3703/

and finally, in early January, Sunday 5/1 I am running a fun night with some spots still open:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-event-5-1-tbc-grand-tour-fun-night.3844/

Thank you to all members of RaceOnOz for participating and making this community the great one that it is.
    NAACS and Noxrai like this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    That would be a no thank you to div1. I don’t have the mental approach for there. I am but a mere mortal.
    gtkingx and Easyprey007 like this.