SEASON 9 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 2, 2019.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    No worries @Hoppy (benny11169)
    Was a bit of a :):):):) night for me, Got caught up in too much along with a few of my own mistakes. Salvaged a bit staying out longer like akay did. That gave me a few spots back.
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I'll put my hand up and say it was me that tried driving through your exhaust pipe.......

From what I remember I was coming up the back straight to the chicane, was too far back to make any sort of move on anybody, took my line into the chicane, and it was almost like you had stopped i closed in so damn fast i couldn't react and had no where to go.

I kept going as I believed the hit was a result of an issue you had, not due to any attempt on my part to make a move. I do apologise for it though, happened very quickly.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  3. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    All good @disturboed we kinda get that with close racing. Not to worry onto the next round
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done to slambo and podium from last night guys...

My night was crap, sorry pulled up and parked.....Short of getting the violin out, quallied 6th, which was ok given only prac was friday night..... But went downhill pretty quick from there...

End of lap 1 had drifted to 10th after giving room to a few guys and then getting squezed onto the wall ...
    Lap 2 a couple in front made mistakes, and was 8th, in a battle with TB, Ant and Stozza..... Decided to pit too early, on about lap 10 i think, to get some clear air, but all it did was screw me over..... Was about 10 sec ahead of the front runners, and when AOC pitted we came out side by side, and i :):):):)ed it up trying to get out of it and all i did was spin on teh entrance to turn 2.... Stalled, facing the wrong way and the leaders closing in, i just tried to get out of the way, but nearly screwed their night as well....
    My mood went further south when i managed to hit the tyres on the pit straight from 10th after both AO and Stozza had offs of their own.... So was last by 20 odd seconds, tyred and cranky so parked up in the pits and want and kicked the neighbours dog....
    1 week to go !
    Stu
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Meanwhile I thought it was my fault as I kept moving to the right to cover the inside line and I didn't give you enough space.....was a good battle earlier just before you pitted tho.
    Guess I was in the mood to give spots back. I did it to bounty early in the race, not sure if I really had too, but I'm not in any championship hunt.
    Q5.
    Got a spot at the start but braked late into the tight right hander and got overtaken, only for bounty to come further back and try aswell. I wasn't sure where he was so I waited to redress... so back to 12th and last...
    Got up a few spots and was battling with TB and Stu . Got passed Stu just before he pitted and then past TB who left the door open ( thanks captain!)
    Caught the next group up and decided to pit lap 15.
    As I explained earlier with the contact with Stu. I ended up waiting for 20 secs for the redress..
    The rest is history
    Well done benni and the rest of the podium
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

With no practice since last Sunday to put the thing into 4th on the grid I was very happy.
    Got a reasonable start and had a few good battle's on lap 1 and held onto the back of the front runners only to run wide at turn 2. Dropping me back a little.
    Had a epic battle with Stozza I think we nearly did a full lap side by side with no contact and lot of clinching moments.
    @disturboed got involved and he and Stozza got past only for Stozza to have a off a few laps later letting us past.
    Turbo pitted about lap 18 and I went in on the next lap but went in too hot and got a 10 sec penalty I actually thought I got it stopped in time and looking at the replay it was bloody close.
    Pushed on and had a great battle with @t_b_williams and he made a great move on me at the last corner I didn't think you would get that stopped and somehow you did great effort. So finished 6th but penalty put me back to 7th. Overall really happy with that result had a absolutely great time with some hard clean racing.
    Congratulations to the podium great job
    Catch you on track
    Ant
  8. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done on the win Benny. I rolled the dice with the pit stradigy put on new fronts only but new tyres didn’t give any advantage until after lap 30 when your tyres must of finally started to give up.
    I was suprised at the extremely Fast times In qauli. Took a 2nd set of tyres and Got a awesome lap on the very last lap which was a pb.
    Race was really tight until the pit stops some
    Good racing I thought Benny or kart could of had a real dive in a Few spots.
    And then had a real butt pucker moment with stu in the middle of track haha.
    1 more to go, guna be a tough enduro.
  9. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Scored another D1 podium (3rd), was pretty shocled at that result, especially given were i was after a couple of laps.

Started from 7th, up into 6th at start, was back down to 11th a few corners later. The first few laps were messy for me, as I gained spots and lost them soon after after being the one who came across others incidents just at the wrong time. I also went off at T1 by myself letting 4 people through after making a tight inside move at the final hairpin getting past Stu & BlueXR8 in the one corner as they went deep. Almost dead last after only 3 or so laps, it was time to start concentrating.

I decided straight off just to push like crazy and see where I ended up, taking front tyres in the pit stop around half way. Had some good dices with many people like @Anthonyb and @t_b_williams and got past some others as they made mistakes. Sliced through the field and got up to 4th before pitting end of lap 18. No drama stop, 2 front tyres with a slight adjustment to pressures given the light cloud final stint and was off on the hunt again.

Back down to 7th or 8th I think, and again caught those in front within a few laps, others pitted, found myself in 5th again, a few lonely laps, took 4th spot, then the tyres came good when the cloud thinned out and starting banging out a few good laps, was running at the same pace as slambo & benny up front, and was closing in on 3rd spot at a rapid rate. Came to start the final lap and passed BlueXR8 as he transited pit lane after completing his stop taking the final step on the podium!! Well pleased with that effort.

On to the last race!
  10. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Tough race indeed. Well done to the Podium guys. I started near the rear and ended up near the rear esp after I got turned around a couple of times but you get that sometimes, all good. Didn't take tyres as I needed as much time up my sleeve I could get. Had some great battles with a few guys, let Turbo through as he was clearly quicker than me. All in all it was an enjoyable race, not looking forward to the next track tbh.
    Anthonyb and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  11. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I did think to myself that pass was way too easy.... you're normally harder to pass than a B-Double on a one way street
    :roflmao::roflmao::sneaky:
    Anthonyb likes this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    For those who are interested in some stats...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    That is absolutely awsome @Bounty05. Nice work
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    GUys, im a chance of missing Sunday having to be in sydney for the young fellas rep cricket... Have to go all the bloody way to hornsby, and probably wont finish there till 5, if we car pool ill be at the mercy of the other driver ! See how i go, hopefully can make it.
  15. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Finally a race plan that worked, was a great fun race again. Qualied 2nd so i knew just keep it clean and maintain consistent lap times. A good battle with @Slambobagan and @Kartdude45 for the first half of the race until pit stops, was kind of lucky with not changing tyres for the race. After pitting, came out with a clear track and just focused on lap times and not making any mistakes. I would like to thank the crew at 3d rap for my g29 mods, it made a big difference in how the peddles feel and function. The big enduro next, good luck all and have fun lol.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    I hope you might make it @stucar17 cant gift me second place of champ. Anyhow be safe
  17. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry guys I'm out tonight
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    HI All,
    First up, apologies for not getting any sort of drivers briefing up last week....That time of year and just ran out of time to get it done. :( Sorry i couldnt make, hope you guys had a good race !. My season started pretty well, much better than expected, but a lack of time for the last 3 rounds saw any practice time become non existent. Still, 3 podiums in this company is much better than my ability allows, but ill take them !

To all our div winners, congratulations, was a tough season in a car that was very tight on lap times for most drivers in most Divs. Was a ;lot of drivers saying how good their racing was, so that was also a positive.

Thanks to all the room hosts, and captains for helping us out. Most weeks we had pretty big grids, so there are always issues that seem to go with that. Thanks for working through those issues.

Thanks to @Bounty05 for doing an outstanding job with the tables. Your help with these has been greatly appreciated.

Also a big thanks to @Ad2mny and @garyw61 for their help with the stewards group. As always, it is a :):):):) of a job, but someone has to do it ! in terms of driving standards this season i would say it was generally pretty good. That said, some of the stuff we saw was a little disappointing to not be redressed, including some incidents that were seen but not protested.
    While im sure some of the protest results could be debated for weeks, we have always 'tried' to be as impartial, fair and consistent as we could be. The only thing to add in this regard, is the fact that if your dont protest, its pretty hard to hold drivers to account 'IF' they are doing the wrong thing ;)

With all that said, its time for a break !
    Been a huge year of racing across all platforms, and more pleasing was the fact we kept close to 60 odd drivers enter for the last season of 2019. Hopefully season 1, 2020 can hold numbers and we have more great racing.

I will try my best to sort the prize draw for this season (selby prize), and we are yet to draw for last season as well (ignition) !
    We were waiting on the iRacing guys to get their names in to us. Ill try to sort this week with @Anon666 and the guys.

ALSO DONT FORGET - IF YOU ARE A GOLD MEMBER YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO INTO THE DRAW FROM THE GAMESMEN FOR LOGITEC PRIZE. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw-2018-2019.3252/

Cheers stu
    Ad2mny, Aykay, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  19. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Q6 R6
    Well another season run and won.
    Had a great fun race last night followed @t_b_williams around for 75 laps.
    We had some great side by side racing I pitted lap 40 and TB went in a lap or 2 later with his crew add a few extra tyres so I got the jump on him there. With @Hoppy (benny11169) and @Slambobagan closing in on him he seemed to close the gap on me and with 4 or 5 to go something popped up bottom right of the screen and I glanced down to see that dreaded blue flag only to look back up as I ran out of road and talent letting the 3 of them past. But chasing them down I found some pace and talent again and kept pressure on TB to the end.
    Well done Benny slambo and kart on the podium and the season.
    Big thanks to @stucar17 @Ad2mny @garyw61 and @Bounty05 for all your efforts for the year keeping all of us under control.
    Been a great season car with some excellent racing across all docs.so hope the new year brings the same.
    Merry Christmas to all hope everyone has a great break and santa brings everything you want plus more.
    Stay safe if you're traveling and catch you on track.
    Ant
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  20. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Once again thanks for having me back and a special thanks @stucar17, @Bounty05 and all fellow rooz officials and organizers for all the work put in. All legends to be able to find the time to run it so smoothly. That time of the year again so merry Christmas and happy new year, b safe and hope to be racing amoung you all next year.
    A top quali lap by @Kartdude45 had me starting the race in 2nd. The single file start was probably a great option for the tricky 1st and 2nd corners, but the race got away and just tried to maintain good rubber while trying to stay up front. 35 laps of bumper to bumper racing with @Kartdude45 and @Slambobagan trading places until they both pitted, my plan was to try and stretch the tyres out to lap 48 but after the battle the tyres had completely gone on lap 42. Did 2 more laps then pitted on lap 45 for 2 new fronts then came back on track 3s in front of slambo and tried to maintain the gap, it got as close as 1.3s so the focus was trying to use the force and be a bounty brick wall. Nearing the end the advantage of a having younger tyres help and the gape increased slighty. Well done to the podium and to @Slambobagan for the win of the series and once again thanks for the season. Elbows out in racing in this car was fun as hell,,but all in all it was good to race against a top mob of blocks. Race ya l8tr
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.