ACC ACC season 01 rnd 5 Misano Sprint cup 2x 30 minute sprints Dec 9th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Good racing tonight chaps very much fun.

Bu3ller - not sure who was at fault when we had contact in R2, I watched the replay a few times and still not clear to me, think I just had my nose level with your bumper as you came across and I really wasn't expecting you to be able to cut back in - I hope I did not ruin your race!

Will try and get the R1/R2 results fixed asap - apologies for inconvenience all!
    Bueller, Pablo and marty like this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Ok now fixed! Enjoy!
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Race 1 was going OK - Cameron Beller was putting huge pressure on me, right on my rear bumper and sticking the nose in a few times, so I had to hold me nerve and my line. Unfortunately we had contact coming onto the back straight, but I think I was mostly to blame there because I had run a little wide, missing the apex, and I oversteered a little which turned my just a bit into his path when he was trying to pass. I was having a bit of trouble picking the apex there, first n the glare and then in the dim light. Then later on I spun at the same corner all by myself, and did several 360's on the grass trying to face the right way.

Race 2 went much better - I undid an ARB change I had made for race 1, and held it together to finish 9th I think. Bueller was catching me steadily - I was watching the gap shrinking. But I think he said he ran out of fuel.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  4. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

All good mate, I tried to tuck back in behind the AMG but didn't realise you were in there, sorry. Chasing Wally at the was cool, cooking my tyres and burning more fuel, but ran out of juice at the fast back section. I was going to try rolling it home then realise I'd be swamped so ditched to the infield, with no traction to stop I just continued straight back across the road, sorry Marty and anyone else. 1st race I was running a different dash, no rpms displayed ?#*, so didn't realise my engine wasn't even running on the grid, ffs lol, sorry about that too. Good racing thanks guys.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

R1 I had a not great start with the short formation (typo of mine in server setup:rolleyes:) not being the greatest formations and some braking ahead bunched things up. I lost spots early and was 3 or 4 wide into t1. I didnt feel any contact but seems maybe there was a slight touch with @Coanda outside t2.

From there I followed @tezpez85 until the pits. He braked a bit earlier then me for the speed linit and I gained a bit there. I came out just ahead of him but was nowhere near the pace of @Captain Barracuda up front so 2nd was best I could do.

Race 2 near identical start as I got swamped both sides into t1. Ended up 4th behind @Kcender87 and @andyo450 who were having a good battle. Was fun for a few laps but then my car gripped up a bit into t6 amd I cut it massively. Had a coupke tank slappers but couldnt save it and ended up in the wall. With damage repairs and a terrible stop as someone else was in my bix and I couldnt see it I lost maybe 30 seconds in pits so my nearly done race was well done. I tried to catch a few to the end but only made a coupke spots then got ran into on the last lap by a car coming across the grass.
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

R1: Good start, missed pit box slightly, @marty got through because of that and then @andyo450 was up my clacker the rest of the way.

R2: This:

BAD driving. If you're beat, get out the throttle. Not even close to making the corner. Not the first time my race has been ruined because of stuff like this. I think it's pretty clear I left room - and no apology, just a snarky remark. :mad:
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

In hindsight I should have just backed out and let you go but I’m not quiet sure what you left was “room” I had half a car overlap on you on to the braking zone. I hugged the inside as much as possible, still clipped the sausage curb a bit and was extra slow being really tight and off line, car just wouldn’t turn any more

Not sure how I ended up touching you out of the corner as you should have been accelerating away fairly comfortably at that point.

In either case, I do think it’s mostly my fault so sorry about that.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

There was a little touch, nothing malice so life goes on.. :thumbsup:

For me it was another couple of races with silly mistakes.. I'll have to work on that for season 2. :speechless:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  9. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Great to make another Monday night race! :D
    Always very happy if I come away with a top 5 finish with the quality of drivers here! :thumbsup:
    Two things I take away after last night...
    1 - make sure you don't put on old tires in pit stop - I did this R1 (from now on I'll be choosing number 15 tire set or higher) :cautious:
    2 - Sounded like a few of us loaded qual setups and got given a full tank of fuel... 2nd Qual I was just way off and was totally stumped what was going on then last lap casually look down at fuel and had heaps of laps left in the tank to drive... :eek: def a bug
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Cooper like this.
  10. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Actually quite lucky there wasnt contact on corner entry, but seems quite unusual contact is made after the corner.
  11. tezpez85

Thanks. Though look how far off the circuit you ended up - you only made contact with me because you kept your foot pinned on a trajectory that took your whole car well off track.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I am not trying to add any fuel to this. I do have a genuine question and I hope a few of you can chip in and clear it up. Lets say you take the same scenario as shown in the video however the second car goes to the outside of the lead car. There is no intention of an overtake however the lead car not knowing that keeps a shallow line to protect the inside however at the latest possible chance he then goes back onto the normal line which is wide and more to the right so he can carry his normal entry speed into the left hand turn. I have been on the outside a few times, maybe halfway or at least on the rear quarter and if I do not lift off the throttle I will either be squeezed onto the grass or we tangle. In this scenario shouldn't the lead driver leave more space as he choose to initially take the inside and more shallow line..?
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Yeah it's an interesting scenario. In racing every situation is different but there is generally a technically correct option, a gentlemanly option and a safe option. Technically the car in front on the inside line can use all of the track when exiting if the car on the outside isn't adequately alongside (ie front bumper next to rear wheel of inside car/car in front isn't adequately alongside) which can lead to despair for 1 or both drivers. The gentlemanly option involves the car on the inside (who has the line) acknowledging the outside car is there and leaving room. The safe option is the car with marginal ownership of the corner line lifts to prevent a high risk situation. Generally in league racing we gravitate towards the gentlemanly option which brings more side by side racing, overtake setups through multiple corners and that kind of good stuff. Public MP though safe option is almost mandatory.

So I guess it's a bit of an educated judgement call on a case by case basis.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

This is not on exit. If you look at the video, lets say Serge is the lead driver and he is on the shallow line like he is in the video. If he has a driver on his rear quarter and gaining and from about the 10-11 second mark he via right towards the RH apex to open up the LH corner is this ok to do? The hypothetical car alongside his rear quarter has nowhere to go unless he gets out of the throttle.
  15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Ahh ok, I thought you were referring to a hypothetical on the exit of the final turn. So you're referring to Tez moving wide to the right before turning in on the left hander? Hard one as he was carrying more speed and had track position but not the apex. TBH I don't think there's a lot wrong with what happened there, he did leave a car width on apex for Serge albeit only just a car width and this wasn't where the incident occurred. I think the car model played a part here, the Lambo is allergic to those inside sausage curbs, whereas many of the other cars could have taken more of the curb opening up more room.

It's probably best to observe it as you've done, make some mental notes on what you would do in such a situation and leave it to them to debate this particular incident :D
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

No not really Barra.. A different scenario to what is in the video. Sorry I don't know how else to put it into words..
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Any chance of adding the pit stop numbers to the race results? No big deal if not..
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I dont think that data is in the results file as yet or @SteveDrivingSlowly hasnt been able to add it yet. Will be on his to do list already.
    Coanda likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

no worries.. cheers boys :cool:
  20. tezpez85

If the inside car (Godz) was further up, and the outside car (me) was to the rear or even side by side on the outside it would be foolish to attempt to stay side by side as he'd have track position and I'd have no right to complain if he took a wider line and bumped me off after the apex.
    Coanda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.