ACC ACC season 01 rnd 5 Misano Sprint cup 2x 30 minute sprints Dec 9th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

IMO these videos support my argument - I only lift on entrance to the corner and am accelerating away (not lifting) when Godz makes contact - he just floors it once he sees I am in front. I don't believe he would have made the turn.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

My opinion is that Godz was beaten even prior to the apex (which Godz could see), Tez was already fully past prior to the contact, and Godz should have lifted to avoid the rear contact.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Tez gets a better exit out of the prior corner
    Godz has a quicker entry into the corner on the inside
    Godz slows up much quicker than Tez and almost slots in behind
    In doing so, contact is made to the rear of Tez
    Contact results in Tez spinning
    This is a non-redressed incident resulting in a post-race time penalty up to a maximum of 25 secs for a first offence (according to the penalty table)
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/raceonoz-penalty-table.2492/

^This is my opinion as a steward
    krunch likes this.
  4. tezpez85

I wasn't aware there was a penalty table. That should be stickied.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It is.
    But yes a link to that thread could be stickied in the AC area too
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey @Hatfield, thanks for sorting this out. As a mod in the ACC group I should be dealing with this I guess. We don't tend to have too many issues so I'm a bit out of practice.

Some simple rules that are part of our drivers COC states that a driver should not make contact with the driver ahead and the lead driver has the right to maintain the racing line - in fact after an overtake the lead driver should immediately return to the racing line. From what I understand Tez overtook Godz legitimately, returned to the racing line and took the next corner on the racing line as is his right as the lead driver. Once behind, Godz now assumes the responsibility to avoid a collision. After Tez got by, Godz straight lined to the next corner (a fairly high speed corner) to perform a block pass on the inside but never got far enough up beside Tez to perform the pass. He pulled out, but not enough to avoid contact. Tez had the right to maintain (and by the rules, must return to) the driving line, in this case the wider and longer line, and can stick to it when turning in for the next corner - Godz had not earned the racing line by straight lining to the corner apex. The top down view shows Tez gave Godz room on the inside anyway, but after the apex Godz' line took him into the back of Tez. At that point Godz is the driver behind and has the responsibility to avoid a collision. This is long version of Hat's verdict.

If this was a slow speed corner or hairpin it's going to be a little bit more forgiving, but again, you bear the responsibility if you are behind - so if you dive down the inside on someone who is committed to turning, the collision is your responsibility in almost all cases. If you are right beside them and they can't turn in on you (without colliding obviouly), you have won the corner and must return to the racing line and contine on. This is a hard one and there's a lot of examples where peoples timing is a split second off and, well, see above. Another thing to consider is visibility - personally, I have struggled with helicorsa on ACC for some reason, but it will definitely not show you coming from a long way back or if you are a car width or 2 inside, so a sneaky straight line shot at a block pass makes you pretty hard to see until the bang. Last Monday my crew cheif said "clear on the left" a millisecond before my left door was caved in.

I like that there is so much passion and discussion about racing ettiquette - BTW, we also have a racing guide for those who want to learn more about the ROOZ way of wheel to wheel combat - but let's not get personal about it please. I understand we have a depth of data available to us to decipher brake and throttle inputs down to the nth degree, but simply put, look at the rules because that's what the stewards will do. In my experience most of these situations can be resolved at the time with a few words (eg sorry) and a redress. Protests are a pain in admin's arses and usually end in tears. If an official protest has been lodged, then it will be dealt with, if not let's do a digital handshake and move on to the next round.
  7. tezpez85

So does Godzilla get a penalty then?
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    (xxi) If you need to make a complaint against a driver you are expected to follow these procedures
    1: Contact the driver you are making a complaint against and attempt to resolve the issue via PSN PM or whim
    2: If you are unable to do so, contact your division captain or an admin via PM only using the heading "Racing Complaint"
    3: In the complaint message you are to supply the following information;
    a: Member PSN Tag and if known Whirlpool Username
    b: Time and date of the incident
    c: Car driven by driver
    d: Any details of the incident and what you think happened

(xxiii) Incidents are NOT to be discussed in the Racing League thread, they are to be done via PM ONLY

PM me and I'll sort it out if you want to follow through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.