GT Sport Season 9 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I dont think we need penalties as we have all done good over the years to follow rules and trust everyone to do the right thing. I have been given penalties so many times for still having 2 wheels on the track and the game thinks I've cut the corner so keep the penalties off
    emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  2. groover33

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Also on the whole Hatfield Apex incidents I think Hatfield was in the right and apex was in the wrong, sorry mate but you need to show people more racing room than you were giving, trying to push people when your beside them is not on and putting your nose in a gap that's not there. I know its hard when we all race at our limit but sometime we all need to back out of a corner when its a 1 line 1 car corner. Too many small taps and hits for my liking and I'm surprised Hatfield didnt spin you sooner for them haha, just my thoughts
  3. groover33

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Ive had the same thing, nothing worse than getting a penalty for something you didnt do
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I've had penalties for T Boning a guy who spun across my bow and left me nowhere to go.
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Ive got a 20 second penalty because the car behind me spun out on his own fault @JonoStan96
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    For those who say the FIA penalty system is good, have you actually raced FIA? It’s totally broken.
    I got punted off track from behind at Monza last week and copped a 3 sec penalty.
    Track limit penalties are also so inconsistent it’s not even funny.
    I got a cutting track penalty at lesmo 2 for crying out loud, you can’t even cut that corner without losing time, but then I absolutely straight lined one of the chicanes and only got a 0.5 sec penalty when I made up over 2 seconds.

We’ve had this penalty system at ROOZ for years and it’s never caused this much debate
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    lmfao I dare anyone to get into a top split FIA lobby and say the penalty system is fair and just, the reactions will be priceless! :roflmao:
    xlxy90 likes this.
  8. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Yeah it took forever lol
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Congratulations @KeedenMcdonald on another championship!
    Well done @FSR_DB007 & @groover33 on rounding out the podium.

Thanks to all the room hosts, and captains for assisting throughout the season.

Big thanks to @Matthyus for all your work on the tables and collecting/sorting the data for our divisions.

Another big thanks to my fellow stewards @Viperzed @emmo46 @JonoStan96 . It can be a testing job to have.

We will now be having a league break until Term 1 next year (26 Jan or 2 Feb)
    Been a huge year of racing across all platforms, and apart from the enduro round, we had no less than close to 50 odd drivers all other rounds of this season. Hopefully season 10, the first of 2020, can hold numbers and we have more great racing.

@stucar17 is trying his best to sort the prize draw for this season (selby prize), and we are yet to draw for last season as well (ignition) !
    We were waiting on the iRacing guys to get their names in to us. Stu will try to sort this week with @Anon666 and the guys.

ALSO DONT FORGET - IF YOU ARE A GOLD MEMBER YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO INTO THE DRAW FROM THE GAMESMEN FOR LOGITEC PRIZE. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw-2018-2019.3252/

If your appetite for racing still exists in the off season, head over to the community events section:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/community-events.12/

Next Saturday 14/12 is the Spa 3 Hr @JonoStan96 is organising:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/wet-event-14-12-2019-3-hours-of-spa.3878/

MAKE SURE YOU TUNE IN this Sunday 15/12 for the live stream of the ROC thanks to Demo 1 Garage:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/bjh-roc-15-12-bjh-memorial-race-of-champions.3872/

@Bryan may be holding more TCR rounds on free Sundays in the off season so sign up if that interests you:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-2019-rooz-tcr-cup.3703/

and finally, in early January, Sunday 5/1 I am running a fun night with some spots still open:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-event-5-1-tbc-grand-tour-fun-night.3844/

Thank you to all members of RaceOnOz for participating and making this community the great one that it is.
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Thank-you so much for your thoughts groover.
    I needed to hear from a Hat supporter that it was indeed intentional. :)
    Never taken Hat out.
    2-0 to Hat. :)
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have, I wined and dined him. He came across as soon as we were in the car park.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao:
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    those summer nights...
    Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Back seat of the old De Soto. ;):inlove:
    Apex_64 and Hatfield like this.
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    F'ing A to that. Trying to repair my SR by starting at the back in daily C after being mugged in a daily B. Guy goes off under brakes at the left hander at the end of the back straight at Catalunya, I pass him cleanly but as he comes back on clips my rear quarter, goes off again and I get the SR down and 3sec penalty!
    emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That sucks. But are there not both separate track limit and contact penalties in the lobby settings? Presumably with the latter turned off this wouldn't happen? Happy to test it out if anyone is interested
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  17. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    I think someone had 'angry pills' in their pit stop lunch box at Spa.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    GTsport contact penalties have never been good, we will be waiting for the ps5 before any significant changes but the track limit penalty application is pretty good and accurate enough to make it fair. A few of us did a bit of a lobby test and the outcome was good... TBC..!!!?
    T F Eccles, NAACS and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21