ACC ACC season 01 rnd 7 **SPA 2.4hr** Jan 6th 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 18, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes that will be enforced for all rounds to help balance out the cars that use less fuel, also why there is a 65 minute stint limit so it shouldn't be a 1 stop race like the 2.4hr fun run with a huge advantage to cars that use less fuel or have bigger tanks.
  2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Yes indeed, as I recall a Bentley won the 2.4hr fun run ;)

Also just to clarify OP wording it's not mandatory to take fuel or tyres during any stop, but we must take at least one? (ie no stop 'n' go pitstops only to reset stint time)
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I had no idea a stop and go stop resets time, if thats the case then we will make it compulsory to add fuel. Really the goal here is not to find exploits but to make races as fair as possible for everyone who hopefully all use the same rules to race. o_O
  4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Of course, this isn't a strategy that really applies to the Merc, but during the recent race strategy meeting with my race engine I recalled racers doing this sort of thing in the past (not in my time at ROOZ). It's one of those things that isn't banned until it's been done once. Was more posting with the intention of preventing it before it happens ;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Forcing 2 complulsory fuel stops will remove that possible option, if someone needs to make an extra stop due to repairs then they should be able to avoid having to add more fuel and may save a few seconds on a small repair. Though its likely if it needs repair it will be more then 25 seconds to repair damage and 3 stops is far from an optimal strategy at Spa.

Not changing tyres will still save 5 seconds per stop if someone wants to use that for strategy reasons.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Pablo like this.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Well my Christmas was certainly made merrier by the fact that my refurbished Oculus Rift arrived from the US late on CHRISTMAS EVE!! Woot! I simply could not believe it :). Damn it's been sweet getting back into the VR way of simming after a 3 month hiatus :geek:. I went back to my old triple screen setup and although it was OK it just wasn't the same. So now the 2.4 hrs of Spa will certainly be a lot more immersive than it would have been (in more ways than one considering I don't have aircon o_O). I wonder how 2nd hand my (almost) brand new Rift will be after a thousand litres of sweat soak through it!

I have to reiterate just how amazing the customer service from Oculus has been. My 3yr old Rift was obviously way out of warranty when the audio and rear tracking LED's both died. I contacted Oculus support to find out my options and never once asked (or expected) a free replacement. Had I been given the option of local repair at a reasonable cost I would have done so. But after a few support emails to and fro Oculus decided to replace it with a refurb unit - I nearly fell off my chair! But there was a snag. As I had bought mine from Amazon US rather than the Oculus store they apparently could only activate a "warranty" claim for an address within the US. Now you would think this would be the point at which any company would simply say sorry, no-can-do, but the case manager asked if I knew anyone in the US who would be happy to act as the middle man, which indeed I did! So 3 months later and I'm Rifting again! Oculus rocks!

Hope everyone had a good Xmas. See you on the track.
  7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

That's nuts, great customer service story!
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

brilliant mate, awesome service!
    krunch likes this.
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Has time scale and in game times been confirmed?
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will do after Monday's race.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have updated the 1st post with time scale and in game session times.

I will also update all the practice servers to have sessions to match with races somewhere in that time zone and weather is dynamic but fairly conservative. Anyone that wants race practice best to jump into one of the Singapore servers as this will allow people form most regions to have a reasonable ping.

The Aussie public servers will usually get most visitors at big pings 300+ but Singapore should be under 200 for Europe so any Euro's that jump in should be no issues. SA will be kept high to keep racing clean but all ROOZ members are whitelisted, so please ensure to race clean and fair in there and avoid silly things like stopping on track. Its not that hard to go off the track completely if you want to escape to pits, its also not a bad idea to drive into pit lane. This will give you some practice entering pits and you can even practice your stops in any session. ;)
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  12. Shaun

Shaun New Recruit Gold Member

So if I add 125L of fuel which normally takes about 30 seconds, it will only take 25 seconds? Same as if I filled up with 1L?
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This you can test, not all cars have that big a tank with many having only 120L so its possible the bigger tanks will also take longer to fill. There is a full session practice server I think server 2 with full race rules as they will be. You can do pit stops in practice or qualy sessions not only in the race if you want to test things. ;)
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I thought even if 1 litre or full tank it's always 30secs... then add tire change it's up to 45secs?
    @Captain Barracuda I'm sure u tested this extensively... anything in your notes? :)
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thought it was 25sec fuel 30 sec for tyres, at least that was pre 1.2 and in a car with a 120l tank. Its not a real hard thing to test as it shows how long the stop will be in pit MFD.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Only 110L in the Ferrari so plenty of time for an Espresso for all crew members during a stop.
  17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I haven't tested 120l yet on current build with the 25sec rule but given the normal fill rates (when the 25sec rule isn't enforced) are 3.2 secs for the first litre and 0.2 seconds for every subsequent litre I will take an educated guess that it will behave as follows:
    • 1-110 litres will take a set time of 25 seconds and
    • Every litre over 110 will add 2 tenths, so 125 litres would take 28 seconds.
    @Shaun Of course given the competitiveness of these league events people will hunt for small gains in strategy that they will keep close, so it's probably worth running your own strat tests to optimise.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  18. Shaun

Shaun New Recruit Gold Member

Yeh that’s what I was wanting to know? So even a 125L fuel stop that would normally take 29 seconds will now only take 25 seconds. If that’s the case then pit strategy doesn't really come into it as it’s the same 55 seconds for everyone (unless you don’t take fresh rubber) which means it’s pretty much a 3 stage sprint race.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

The main strategy variables with the current ruleset are whether or not to add tyres (they will take 30 seconds, so you save 5 seconds by only taking fuel which can get you track position) and also the timing of the stop. We've seen huge benefits in undercutting in sprint rounds this season, but of course that's balanced out by the risk of losing time behind slower cars who are fighting you for position as they haven't pitted yet etc. The stint limit and fuel refill rate is in place so cars with big tanks and efficient engines don't gain an advantage (for example the bentley has a 132L tank and has a range around 30% higher than say the Merc which can't make 60 minutes on certain tracks without a fair amount of fuel saving.
  20. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Is it 3 strikes for track limits and then drive through for this round? Eau Rouge can be tricky on a full tank.

Do the strikes reset after a drive through?
    Matt A likes this.