ACC ACC season 01 rnd 7 **SPA 2.4hr** Jan 6th 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 18, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There is no server control over this, track limits at Spa really are pretty loose though so if you get a warning or a drive through its hard to say you werent abusing the limits. It may mean that you need to back off a little to ensure you stay on the track but then thats kind of the point of having track limits and penalties for abusing them. ;)

I would assume the strikes reset after a drive through but I dont think I have ever needed to make one so cant say either way. If you stay on the track as much as possible it should be a non issue. Use the loose margins to give you for some room for error, if your running on the ragged edge even after a couple warnings then maybe plan to add a drive through to your race strategy. I am fairly sure its a better strategy to do all you can to avoid a drive through. :D
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

This is true, however as race drivers (fake race drivers that is :sick:) we're always trying to utilise every last millimetre of track we can and this sometimes results in us pushing a few mm wide. Not all the cars have the front end bite of the Porsche :whistling:
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There should be some risk to pushing for every extra mm, those that use the most but not too much will be quickest. There is also a penalty to the front end bite of the Porsche, it has no top end speed and is down on laptime. My only hope is the guys ahead of me all use too much track and I manage not to. Having said I have never had a drive through likely means I will get at least 1 in this race. :D

With track limits the system is fairly lenient, if you make an error and lift off ensuring you dont gain anything and even self penalise yourself a little you will likely avoid a warning. If you go off track and then keep it pinned hoping to lose as little as possible with the off track excursion you will likely get a warning. ;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Pablo like this.
  4. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Bah I am going to miss this round. Annoying, I always enjoy driving Spa, and the Bentley has remained pretty good there through the updates since 1.0. I know some of us are ambivalent or actively dislike the time of day changes, but I also really love racing into the night in these longer races. I also have a new lime green colour scheme on the Bentley I can't show off for another week :p

Good luck to everyone who makes it Monday, I will be very envious of you all!
    krunch likes this.
  5. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

@marty I was just on the full length practice server and I noticed that the session times were a bit weird. Quali began at 12am and the race started at 1am. Not sure if this is a bug?
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just checked the server setup and session times are P11 Q19 R4 so should be correct.

There is a bug with servers that runs for a while empty, the session times can often be screwed up. I think pne way to get them correct is if you join first and the session time for practice is wrong leaving then rejoining should restart and fix the session times assuming nobody is still in the server.

I have just restarted that server so it should be ok now, it likely wasnt used for a few days and thats when it does weird things.
    Pablo likes this.
  7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I had this yesterday. Joined and times were messed up, exited and rejoined and ok. One thing I noticed in the 144 min race was there was only 1 mandatory stop and it was for stint limit only (not fuel).
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just checked and there was only 1 mandatory stop I Have now made it 2.

In server race rules have 2x mandatory stop + refuelling is required if it works or not in game, I am not certain but it will be a rule of the race. If anyone doesnt add fuel at least twice (which can be checked in replay and also will stand out if someones pit laps are significantly faster then possible with a legit stop) there will be a significant time penalty of 3 minutes added for anyone that doesnt add fuel twice during the race.
    Captain Barracuda likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Enough about me, how are you and your families through the bush fires..? I hope your all safe and well.. :unsure:
    krunch likes this.
  10. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

I was wondering if this round was still going ahead tomorrow night @marty due to the fires and smoke around the place. I am aware not all live on the east coast but surely there are some peeps affected that may not be able to participate tomorrow night? In Canberrra we currently have the windows, doors and cooling vents taped up the smoke is that bad down here with 100m visibility
    Edit: in the 10mins since i wrote that we are now down to 50m visibility
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I dont know how many will be effected but also if we dont race this week we likely wouldnt race the next few weeks for the same reason. The smoke in Melbourne isnt too bad but I know in past fires here we had smoke at a bad level for many weeks. Unfortunatly there may also be some people in direct threat from the fires so its likely some may not be able to make the races.

Being a nationwide league and even some from other countires its likely some will be effected but still this number I assume is quite low. I would say we go ahead unless there is a significant amount of people that say they are unable to race due to this.

Its unfortunate for those that will miss out if we go on but thats the most likely thing atm unless the numbers unavailable due to this are pretty high. Also any delay in the season and I will not be around to help run any rounds in February as I will be on holidays then. Im fairly sure @Rolz and others can keep things going smoothly without me but my personal view atm is to go ahead with the rest.of the season.
    nanlatt, Wally, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I'm going to be a scratching tonight unfortunately :(. My Optus Home Wireless Broadband has completely tanked over the Xmas/NY period and despite logging a fault complaint there's no fix in sight. I suspect it's related to the holiday makers saturating all the 4G towers in the area (and Optus not caring a hoot about it). I also had to bail from the AK Racing V8 round last night so this is really hurting.

I hope everyone has a good race and fingers crossed my net connection improves by next week.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  13. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Here on the Central Coast we've had a few days with bad smoke but fortunately so far not been threatened directly by fires.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

full on guys.. hopefully things improve for you both. Good thing is at least in Oz there is great service men & women willing to put their a$$ on the line to help out others whilst having access to tools. fingers x, be safe, be smart..
  15. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Good luck to all tonight! Hope all goes smoothly and everyone taking part has fun! :D

It would be nice if there could be a spectator option with auto cycle through everyone taking part... then I'd log in and try stream it... mebbe some time in the future :thumbsup:
  16. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

sorry guys, wont be able to make it tonight. have fun!
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Friggin NBN shat itself and now I'm without the internet...
  18. AGK

AGK New Recruit

Was good racing until an hour to go when electrical noise kicked my UPS on... until it flatted the battery and cut all power to my PC!
    @Captain Barracuda It happened while you were right behind me (blue flag), hopefully it didn't cause anything bad with the sudden disconnection.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Congrats to all that made it and maybe only @Kcender87 got it done in a 2 stopper. That typical Spa day made it fairly tricky with a bit of everything but first Monday that had white Thunderstorm but no Yellow. :D Bad luck to the guys that couldnt make it and those that had issues during the race. :(

Rolz, Pablo and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Thanks to all and Well done to all finishers, epic race, most enjoyable...and gruelling...!!! Actually really liked the changing conditions, really added to the fun and difficulty. Seems like the settings were bang on Marty.

I will add the new guys to the league in the morning so they will appears in the league table tomorrow.
    tezpez85, marty and Pablo like this.