ACC ACC season 01 rnd 7 **SPA 2.4hr** Jan 6th 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

big thanks to everyone that works to put these on including getting the weather and rules sorted - all comes together to make for a great event :) most rewarding race in a long time!
  2. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

Nice clean driving too. I can't believe we got through the first lap without a major incident!
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It would be nice if there was a forecast to say likely storm ;), but then each main league night with dynamic weather (I have it set very conservative too) has had some storm. This time it was only a short storm into a drying race which was fairly cool but didnt work out that well for me.

I had hoped my lack of actual pace would have helped in the wet but the car was even more off pace then. :roflmao:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

yeah, I agree, weather and time multiplier felt bang on
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was certainly an interesting round, think this level of time acceleration is just about perfect to not seem too unnatural. well done to the podium finishers, and all who finished.

I started with a fairly low fuel load so the rain came at about the perfect time, the subsequent spin didn’t...
    Had to repair the car in both stops and most of the second stint was run with a fair bit of damage, couldnt avoid someone bouncing of walls and spinning in front of me just before the bus stop, not sure who that was but looked like a very rough time with the walls. Decided the rain was a bigger issue then the damage so just stayed out. Fairly happy with P4 overall, not a result I would have gotten in the dry I wouldn’t think
  6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Thanks all for another gruelling Spa 2.4 hour. I had a shocker!

I was happily following Andy and Tez in the opening laps when the rear of the Merc got light through Eau Rouge and I put it into the wall. I had a fair bit of damage but after a few corners realised I could probably keep the car on the track long enough so it would fall into my pit window for 2 stops. Last lap before I pitted it had started drizzling and the rears hit some damp astroturf on the exit of 11 veering me into Beller who was sort of next to me and I ended up in the wall again, this time with massive damage. The impressive part about this was I actually got the black and orange mechanical black flag shown to me to pit for repairs - cool new feature. Got to the pits and opted for over pressured slicks as it was only light rain, but as the tyres went on the forecast changed to heavy rain. It was too late to take wents so I hobbled around on slicks with the goal of having the track dry quickly so I could stay on slicks and make up some of the time I lost. No such luck as the rain got heavier and white thunderstorms rolled in I had to make an unplanned pitstop for wets. I had decent pace on these, the car had too much front aero for Eau Rouge and Blancimont on the wet track so was loosing a bit of time there but elsewhere it was ok. Managed to get into a rhythm and get a solid stint out of the wets, picking up a few position along the way. Did my final stop with about 35 minutes to go, track was still a bit wet so I opted for over pressured slicks. This also turned out being the wrong move as within too laps the track was dry and I was left driving around on slicks with 32psi in them for the rest of the race. Saw @Cooper stuck on the curb at the bus stop so I decided to push him off it, during which I stalled the Merc twice and lost a few positions for my troubles lol.
    Fishined 10th - if hadn't messed around I probably could've picked up 2 or 3 more spots, but that's the way she goes.
  7. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Well that was a disaster for me. Started well and made it up to P5 and then lost audio and proceeded to make my way back down though the field. Trying to drive for almost 2 hours with no sound wasn't much fun and I very nearly rage quit.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I hope you made your own engine noises in the absence of the game audio
  9. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Ha..didn't think to do that. All I could hear was the clicking of gear changes...very annoying. I know how my family feel now when I'm racing.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just noticed the auto highlights feature actually captured the full race distance this time. :eek: It seems to only get passes, not solo off's which I am sure there were a few. I had 2 and in the replay there were lots of damaged cars circulating through the race so I am sure I wasnt the only one. :D

It does show some passes, misses a few and shows some incidents. Even shows @Cooper beached as at the bus stop with @Captain Barracuda giving him a helping nudge.

c4rLo5 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

They're taking their sweet ass time processing that video
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Congratulations on the win!

I am very disappointed to have missed most of what sounds like an exciting race. Of course my internet seems to be fine this morning.
  13. Shaun

Shaun New Recruit Gold Member

Sorry Godzilla. That was me before the bus stop. I knew there was another car behind me a few seconds back. Was just praying that I wouldn’t bounce back on track. Sorry mate.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Eh, all good, didn’t look like you had much choice in what was happening. Was hoping it would stay against the wall on the left so kept right to give space but then it bounced off and came back across the track, ironically if I just stayed on the racing line would have been fine. Wasn’t any grip for me to slow down more or change lines.
    Shaun likes this.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@Captain Barracuda are you rocking custom livery? If so, would you be so kind as to teach us how?
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I was hoping that would be the case with people taking some caution as lap 1 isnt that important over that race distance. Get damage and your race is mostly ruined early, good to see a couple new guys in too.

Most incidents were likely rain enduced solo incidents that may have taken some innocent victims. Unfortunatly we were down on numbers a bit with some having issues and likely the race distance scaring a few off too.

Hopefully by next season driver swaps are working and any longer races some guys can share the load as a team if they want to. Had anyone entered as a team this race it would have failied miserably as you cant change tyre compounds as a team assuming nothing else stuffs up. I had enough trouble on wets and going to slicks early to try avoid 3 stopping was a terrible strategy choice.

Car was about 5 seconds per lap slower while still wet and I forgot about the stint limit which meant I would have needed another stop anyway. I took another stop after smashing it into a wall on the slicks in the wet and dragged the bits into the pits again. :oops::D
  17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Nah, hilariously there are 3 Mercedes anime skins that were added with 1.2. They were raced IRL at the Spa 24hr so I decided to run one of them in our 2.4 hour :D
    [​IMG]
  18. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

wicked
  19. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

Race to forget for me, seem to be consistent with that currently. Just spent some time today finally fixing my brake pedal and accelerator pedal so hopefully they are fixed now and then I will have no excuses.

I won the monday night lottery and had big frame rate issues on Eau Rouge and the Bus Stop, every..... :):):):)ing....... lap...... of the entire race which later added the fast left hander before the bust stop as icing on the cake.
    Normally i would rage quit but maybe the holidays have calmed me down. I tried turning heaps of video settings down during practice and qual and thought it was right but alas not come race time. Cooper advised there may be an Oculus patch to alleviate this issue, will look into it.
    Eau Rouge got me 2 laps in a row in the first 10mins so pitting was a big waste of time for me. Does my head in how i can do practice after practice and qual after qual all in mixed conditions and never ever have an issue with Eau Rouge but come race time it's trouble. Pitted and went back out to try and get some laps in anyway
    Then the rain came in and Eau Rouge got me again. Pitted and thought the boxes were ticked to fix the damage but they weren't. Went round for another lap and back into the pits.
    Be nice to see the stat for how much time out of the 2.4hrs i spent driving down pit lane???

All in all with more spins and more pitstops than i can remember i thought i would just finish the race and collect some points, 14th and last and 21 points.
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Oculus is currently broken for most, seems to affect the Unreal Engine. Ive list about half my performance. Hoping for a fix soon, there’s stuff on their support forum about it
    Frostwa likes this.