GT-Sport Lewis Hamilton's Challenge support group for people that aren't #blessed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Noxrai, Dec 14, 2019.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    the two ghosts and the real must have been pretty much overlapped but slightly blurred, like reading something without my glasses
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    It would be a pretty funny sight.
    I turned my ghost off because it was getting too distracting. I put lewis 0.1 second in front of me. Handy for really following his lines
    incey likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    had a few beers and clicked the d/l. got my $11.95 worth already. great fun. golds are coming after 5 or 6 laps. what a buzz seeing you get a better exit than lewis, that little blue triangle is my new favourite thing
    Noxrai and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Lucky it was GT Sport and not GT2 lol
    Noxrai and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I heard him talk about this in an interview this year with respect to one of the new F1 tracks. He said something about working out the lines, braking markers and turn in points so that you use as little steering as possible.
    Noxrai likes this.
  6. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Happy new year everyone!

I literally finished this lap 1 minute before the countdown. My wife was not impressed with how long it took me to get from my cockpit to the living room so we could celebrate the new year together. I was already screaming and celebrating to be honest haha.

Here is the replay of the lap. I nailed the important corners but felt like I was out of control on top of the mountain and going down. Somehow I managed to hold on and I increased my lead on Lewis. I think Brands Hatch or Suzuka will be my next target.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Ozglenn, Matthyus, incey and 2 others like this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    sublime
    Noxrai likes this.
  8. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I finally conquered Suzuka! This was up there with Big Willow in regards to difficulty for myself. Found it so hard to nail a full clean lap. I lost count how many laps I put in here. Quite a few sessions over the last week trying to get him.

This lap came from nowhere. I had a pretty good sector through the Esses but blew it going into corner 9 after degner curve. Held on at the hairpin and again lost a bit of time at spoon. Hamilton was at this stage 0.170 up until we hit 130R. I nailed it, clawed him in and absolutely threaded the needle into final chicane. The best I've ever taken the corners since I've started the suzuka challenge. We dragged to the finish line and I had an unlikely win. Pumped!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Get in there Lewis!
    :thumbsup:
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Spent awhile now trying to gold suzuka, about a tenth off now. i lose mega time at the hairpin so i'm confident to say lewis has me beat there
    Noxrai likes this.
  11. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    My tip is you want to lift just the slightest so you can stay on the right side of the track going into the hairpin. Brake hard just before the end of the right side racing strip/curb. Turn your car in and set yourself up so you can power out as quickly/early as you can without much steering input. This will give you good strong run into spoon.
    incey and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Slow in, fast out 'ey?
  13. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    As @CaptainRisky21 would say "yes"
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    incey likes this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i get bleu arrow heading to spoon so my fast out is working, just cna't get a fastest enough slow in
  16. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Try fast in faster out lol
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  17. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Brands Hatch has been ticked off the list. I thought this was going to be one of the toughest ones to complete going by how close everyones times are to Hamilton's but I ended up getting up to speed pretty quickly compared to the other tracks so far. I found you need a good trail brake technique and a light touch on the brakes for this track

UrsineSaturn9 and Easyprey007 like this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Mega lap!
    Noxrai likes this.
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Double Whammy tonight boys! Firstly the Nurbs. Finally managed to get Ham with a dubious final chicane. Still legal, but pushing it. My one saving grace was that corner lol.

Then I decided to have a crack at Interlagos. Got up to speed pretty quickly and after 45minutes I managed to get Hanilton's exact same time! This is 2nd time I've managed to get his exact same time, the previous being Big Willow. What are the odds?

20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Mega lap!
    Noxrai likes this.