Anyone into the share market ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stucar17, Nov 29, 2019.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    First up should say that this is just a discussion thread, and not something that people should sell their house for and buy shares at the recommendation of some gamers !

Given the number of guys we have here would be surprised if there isnt anyone doing some share trading !

Any shares that have worked for you ?
    Any tips ?
    Any companies that should be looked at ?

For me i got on a company called Cochlear when they were $17..... they just went past $233 today !!! Shame i dint sell the house, kids and anything else i could find !! A nice little gain will be had soon.

More recently, and with research through some of the trading sites im on the following who are all strong buys on consensus. That recommendation could change at the drop of a hat though, so i check them every week.
    Afterpay
    comet ridge
    oceanagold
    megaport limited

Comet ridge is a weird one... Sitting on a heap of gas up in the gallilee basin, right next to the pipeline.... Apparently on a LOT of gas....
    I bought in at 33c, but the price has dropped to 19.5c as of today on the news of a capital raising.... Looking at either a big announcement for them to be taken over or news that they will supply to try to fill the gap in supply.

Interested to hear if anyone else doing something similar ....
    Stu
    Woody likes this.
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Hey Stu,

What platform are you using to do your trading?

Any recommended sites/companies that offer the best fees for your trades?
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I use both Westpac and Commsec
    Both charge $29 per Buy and $24 i think per sell.
  4. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Interesting topic @stucar17
    I do a little of this myself, was going to pick up Cochlear at one point I think about $80 and didn't......hhhmmmmm.....
    A2 milk was a good one in recent times too if you got in early, I did, but got out too early
    Made some good gains on Afterpay.
    Depending how much you are trading, Interactive Brokers aren't too bad. Their trades are really low as long as you don't mind how it is set up. Great for trading international markets.
    Keen to hear some more and keep some chats going about this!
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Been an interesting couple of weeks....
    My headache stock is Cimic (formally leighton Holdings) after they pulled out of the Middle East. Stock now at $29.29 with a positive response from Moodies saying its a positive in the longer term based on risk in those markets....

Also Kalamazoo (KZR) is another specky goldminer i got on last week for .65c ..... The research is very promising so if looking for something that could explode based on their first drilling results might be worth a look. There was some very interesting big buyers which could indicate an explosion in their share price in the next 12 months.
    https://smallcaps.com.au/kalamazoo-welcomes-eric-sprott-novo-resources-8m-investment/

Given the gov announcement last week regarding an increase of gas into the domestic market COI (comet ridge) might be worth another look.... If you cabn get in at .15c, its had a history of jumping back to .19c which was the share price for thier latest capital raising. They are sitting on a :):):):) load of gas up in the Galilee basin...... Downside is that there isnt a lot of faith in management.

Last one long term is NXT (nextdc) which is a 'software and services' company..... They have just finished building the last of their data services buildings and should be coming into a heap of cashin the next few years.... currently at $7.59
  6. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I do gold trading so I'd say pretty much all gold miners' stocks would continue to see healthy gains over time. e.g. I bought 1kg of gold when it was $2270/oz and now it's $2376/oz with outlook going into $3000/oz or even higher this year
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Been smashed last few days !
    Might be some good buys if your game to part with some hard earned !