Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I never anticipated this type of mechanical work on my pedals... but when it's needed... :roflmao:
    one of my load cell bolt holes is threaded so I have to work out a new way of mounting it...
    [​IMG]
    Peter Wise and Captain Barracuda like this.
  2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

That's at least a 6 beer job :cool:
    Rolz likes this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Threaded as in its got a thread when you need a clean hole for the bolt to pass through, or its cross threaded so the bolt won't do up???
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

If it’s cross threaded, can you run a tap through and see if that will clean the threads up enough?

or failing that, can you drill it out and tap it one size up?
  5. Rolz

it's a bit tough to describe issue from a few still images... spent a few hours looking for a bolt that was small/long enough to use so I could bypass threaded hole and tried to create a counter sink so using the bolt was flush... but sadly I think the bolt I'm using has too much flex in it so not doing the job well enough...
    Need to search online for a high tensile steel bolt and nut that might be able to do the job...
    if I try to make a new tread and use a larger bolt, currently 5mm and go to 6mm I have to then drill out the loadcell from 5mm to 6mm as well and hope I don't damage it... apparently they are pretty sensitive...
    So see how I go... otherwise it might be kick this to the curb after almost 5yrs of great service and upgrade...
    [​IMG]
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

That sucks mate, I hope you can fix it!
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    quick search results are that high tensile start at 6mm.
    8.8 is the grade your looking for if I'm wrong.
    And yes avoid drilling out the load cell if at all possible. If you were to do it, I'd only do it in a drill press with the cell held securely. In a mill would be even better, but pretty much no one has one of them at home. Even then Id be worried that drilling the hole out would change how it reads load. Not sure how these ones work, but I know bigger ones I come across in my industry measure the flex of the cell itself, so drilling out the hole would change this.

Good luck.
    Rolz likes this.
  8. Rolz

I did finally manage to fix pedals... stupidly it was a dodgy $2 pot that needed replacing! Always the way!!

Though after all the frustration I did just get these and they are amazing :)

[​IMG]
    Spidey_11, WAC, Peter Wise and 8 others like this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    [​IMG]

New Momo shifter knob.

It’s the small things...
    WAC, Peter Wise, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    speak for yourself
  11. Rolz

where did u get that from? looks awesome
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Rolz likes this.
  13. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  14. pb1

pb1 Rookie

15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  16. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GT-Track Christmas present, Pagnian had a sale + 10% off code found here on the forum. Also moved myself and my daughters pc's into our own dedicated gaming room, so i can have the rig set up permanently. Huge upgrade coming from the wobbly gamer chair and Fanatec rennsport wheel stand I had previously.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Spidey_11, WAC, Peter Wise and 6 others like this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I fixed your image
    Bueller likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Bueller likes this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Nice setup! Is that a ClubSport wheel base I see?

How does the GTTrack compare to the Fanatec Rennsport? I'm very interested in your opinions on the GTTrack's rigidity (ie. how much flex), and of course your opinion on the chair and anything else is valuable.

Also, could you please provide us with this mysterious 10% off Pagnian code and does it stack with their 10 year anniversary sale price? I'll be heading to their showroom at Southport on Monday and I'll be sure to put in a good word and say ROOZ sent me, which is the 100% truth because I can't remember visiting this website without being inundated with Pagnian ads since 2014, lol.

@Rolz are you building yourself a custom extruded aluminium cockpit? Your insight on the DD1 would be appreciated as well. What cockpits have you mounted your DD1 on and how's the flex?

@Noxrai @andyo450 What cockpit/stand are you using?

Sorry for the momentary thread hijack.

@garyw61 I have that exact shifter knob and colour on my 1998 Nissan Pulsar. I tried to put the stock TH8RS knob on my Pulsar but the thread was too large for the knob, lol. That's a damn good knob you have there ;)
    Bueller, Rolz and garyw61 like this.
  20. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...-level-racing-and-thrustmaster-products.3032/
    The code stacked at Christmas time when they had a sale on.
    The rennsport was just the basic folding wheel stand so it wobbled a lot and moved if went to catch a slide.
    GT-Track is a major upgrade to what I had, I've not noticed any significant flex other than the back rest of adjustable seat while heavier braking (minimal and can be seen in sim racing garage review yootoob), which to me is not a deal breaker.
    I'm using CSW2.5 with settings similar to what is found on the fanatec https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/634/assetto-corsa-competizione-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings so is not full strength. Direct drive wheel could potentially show some flex, but who runs their dd at full power anyways?
    At ~$800 with discounts it seemed to be one of the better choices after watching many reviews of many types of rigs. NLR has compatible motion systems too, although too expensive for me (maybe one day). 8020 seemed to be 1200+ when I looked.
    Crunch likes this.