GT Sport Season 10 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2020.

1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Wow what a race!
    With the likes of Keeden, Jono, Mint and Viper out, I was confident that I could really challenge for the win.
    Risky put his faith in me with the joker selection and boy did that pay off.

Norm pipped me by a tenth in qualifying with Groover just behind me in third; however that didn’t last long when he rocketed past into the lead before T1.
    I made a bold move around the outside of T3 and down the inside of T4 on Norm for 2nd on lap 2, and made a real mess of the apex and the exit, but got the move done.
    I was stuck in the draft of Groover and the aero wash was difficult to deal with. It wasn’t until lap 10(?) where he made a mistake and allowed me through.

The following stint on the medium tyre was one of the most consistent stints I’ve ever done, and I pulled a 6 or 7 second gap on Groover, also passing Norm through a rare mistake after he undercut me.
    At this point I realised Bryan was now in the podium battle through his differing strategy, and honestly he had me worried up until the final few laps when I realised what he was doing.

When the dust settled and Bryan made his last lap dash on the hard tyre, I was released into the lead and just had to keep it clean for the last lap to take the chequered flag for my second win in Div 1.

Surprising and enjoyable first 2 rounds, looking forward to what might be a very tough Laguna Seca. Cheers.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    You must be the first driver to win a race without thumbs
    CaptainRisky21, razor4797 and xlxy90 like this.
  3. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Also, well done to @xlxy90 for giving commentary a crack. Nice to have a bit of intel happening on the stream
    Russell, Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    cheers boi, it was a bit of fun! might not have 15 beers before the next one though.
    razor4797, Russell and Hatfield like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Laguna Seca - 50 mins - 07:30 - 23/2
    ^RM & RH (RH mandatory), 9x Tyre, 3x Fuel
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 10!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 5 mins. Once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING AND YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE
    RACE START TIME : 8:25 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful not to go 4 wheels over the white line at the T1 kink on the inside.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums and Hards (HARDS ARE MANDATORY, NONE MAY BE MIXED ie having different compound on front or rear)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Practice your pit entry as I have reports of issues when pitting in if done incorrectly.
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of the T2 hairpin.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

OVERTAKE BUTTON : This seasons car has an overtake button. Please ensure you map this button to your device. Also be aware using the button, increases the cars fuel usage at the time, so plan accordingly.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Russell, Pubs16, razor4797 and 2 others like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo enjoys some Salame

Russell likes this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tynesider is unable to stream tonight.
    @xlxy90 might give it a rookie go, but we shall see
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    @xlxy90 and myself will put on our Crompo and Skaifey suits tonight to stream Div 1!
    emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Sounds like sweaty business! Post the link if you go ahead, as keen to watch back later
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll probably link on the main page in a news item too
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  11. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Sorry for the late notice, but I'm out tonight :(
    This hernia's got me feeling pretty crook today. I just tried putting some laps in and there's no way I'm going to last a full race
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Sorry for wasting everyone's time guys.
    Got a monster run into t1 only to be ushered straight into the sand at T2.

@Bryan_F really sorry, misjudged my braking point royally and ruined your race.
  13. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Stream link or site?
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    It happens. Move on
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    :):):):)e race screw Laguna Seca well done Keeden onto the next one
  18. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I pity you both. Good effort champions
    Viperzed likes this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    It was a tough race to try and commentate on, the nature of the track spread the field out a bit, but I think we came up with enough smack talk to keep it interesting!
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    If not at least you let you're true colours keep showing. You could even be as fast as Keeden and Matt if you had the time to practice more:thumbsup::roflmao: