GT-Sport [Cancelled] 2020 RaceOnOz World Endurance Tour (W.E.T)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 6, 2020.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Based on what you are saying you got no ABS, but apparently people have had it go to weak which is manageable significantly moreso than the off setting.
    You can lock up on weak still but it is possible to drive around it just takes getting used to which is kind of hard on the fly mid race, no abs is just instantly give up 2 seconds a lap when you aren't flying off the road.
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Tough cookie for the Mustang boys tonight
    Quali was rapid with a front row lock out, brilliant lap by @LITTLEBLACKO942 to nab pole.

@bluexephos22 got a brilliant jump off the line as @razor4797 slightly misjudged the start to grab the lead. A great three car battle broke out before me as cars scrapped in tight packs from 1st through to 7th. Xephos was able to break away when the Mustang began showing some infamous front wear and became a harder beast to steer without much race stint practice done by myself or Razor. I hopped in at the 45 min mark quickly accompanied by @xlxy90 and @StigsTC which came as a huge shock as I was warming up to the car. I got bullied around for a little while before the red flag ordeal occurred ultimately ending Stigs' race which was a huge shame.
    We restarted behind Xephow, @Noremac and XL in a shortened session before it became clear to me that the ABS glitch had struck me too. Battled front lock ups and rear pinches for 45 minutes whilst working with @JonoStan96 before handing over to Razor. He soldiered on in his stint keeping it clean and tidy to grab a comfortable 3rd place behind Mr Predictable @KeedenMcdonald and a flawless Xephos drive. Happy to have kept our noses clean especially with the mess that happened around us but can't help but think of what could have been without the red....
    StigsTC, Noxrai and razor4797 like this.
  3. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Yeah I had same issue, it really murdered the rear tyres lol
    Noxrai likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Probably the weirdest race I’ve ever taken part in.

First stint was awesome for the first 10 laps until I was stuck behind a slow big red Jaguar which allowed the top 2 to pull away. I became distracted by Keeden’s teleporting McLaren and hit the glitchy wall on the bridge, and my race was done. Until the red flag of course.

The stint all the way up to the pit stop was one to add the highlight reel. 9th to 2nd in this car was unbelievable, but unfortunately because no one bothered to attempt to overtake Xephos on the restart he was long gone. But to highlight just how terrible the Beetle is for strategy, if you watch my race replay you’ll see I’m saving fuel like mad where possible, spent most of it in slipstream, yet when I come in, Razor/Viper’s Mustang has about 10L more fuel in it.

The suspension damage as result of Blacko’s double divebomb really ruined my race as I lost the pack during the repairs. I was catching up until Blacko caught my draft and instead of working together, kept throwing the car up my inside causing us to lose precious time. The inevitable happened and there was a collision causing damage. A swift stop and I caught Blacko again, only to have a glitchy wall collision in the long left sweeper. It would be nice to have a WET race go smoothly for me for once this season.

Another pit stop and a 3 way battle commenced between myself, Norm and Kev. The Vette and Jag weren’t as quick in a straight line as the top 3 cars so I could actually defend my position on the straight providing I nailed sector 1 every time. For context, in no draft, I was losing over 9 tenths a lap on the back straight, let alone the other straights. It was a great fight, and I was fortunate to come out on top in 5th.

Huge congrats to @bluexephos22 for a dominant win, pulled the pants down on everyone.
    I had the ABS glitch too but I managed to adapt to it and make the car work but it really was frustrating to have a totally different car for the 2nd half. Game is almost 3 years old and we still have these same glitches and incompatibility issues, maybe I should have put Kaz in a headlock last week when I had the chance.

Also as a heads up, the date for Laguna Seca is very likely to change, to early April, as a number of drivers have PM’d me regarding unavailability, and unfortunately moving it back earlier isn’t viable.
  5. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Having done a few laps this morning to see what ABS setting I glitched too, I feel like the game glitched the ABS completely off. My lap times with ABS weak were almost quicker than ABS default. Now makes sense that the car was such a POS on the final restart.
    Noxrai likes this.
  6. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    I'd just like to say sorry for leaving 15 minutes in
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    After fighting horrible mid-exit understeer all through testing and qualy, late friday night @Storm_SP17 figured out how to fix the car in the high speed and suddenly I had a rocketship in my hands through the esses in S1/S2, flat the whole damn way through there every lap in clean air.
    The slipstream train was super uncomfortable to be in, nobody able to pass and break away with clumps of cars battling super early in the race, getting monster runs in esses but having nowhere to go with them leading to many scary moments, occasionally a gap opening up and trying to take it, once such gap lead to the side of keeden's McLaren and front aero damage, sort of hung on to the slipstream for 2 laps before dropping out of it and falling away ruining any hope I had of a result. Boxed at the earliest point I could to make it to the end without extra stops for fuel, came out and ran some nice high 05s but with xl coming out at the ahead 4 laps later I knew I wasn't getting much further up the road lacking a bit of track I could overtake and break the tow in. That was joined by Viper/Razor 2 laps later and with their battling managed to grab the slipstream and nick fastest lap which was cool, but once I arrived the only place I had an advantage was S1/S2 esses, had a couple attempts at making passes but always ended up getting overtaken again before the kink on the back straight.
    Was trying to work out how to break away and try steal a podium when I heard reports of bad lag from me, then the FFB went dead and I knew that I'd dc'd.
    From that point on my game just wouldn't acknowledge half the field when we'd start, even if it would tell me there were cars in the garage or on track.
    Seriously frustrated to see great car pace get wasted on track and then through hardware/software issues that ruined it for everyone with the red flag, a shortened race, and ABS glitch to ice the cake.
    Noxrai and Viperzed like this.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Seems like PD knows the WET schedule and decides to fist its arse whenever the chance arises
  9. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I had a tremendously bad start to the race. Got rear ended a few corners in after being cautious being on the inside of someone but not far enough ahead to be safe.
    Decided to pit straight away to fix the damage. Like a clutz, I skipped the repairs and basically did a pit penalty to myself. Doh! Went around another lap, came in and fixed the damage this time. After coming out I had average pace and not fully comfortable with the car. I was shocked to see some of the fastest laps popping up on the board already with cars still on basically full tanks. Madness.
    My car got a bit more responsive as my fuel load got lower though. But I was still struggling in the long left hander up the hill and a few other corners. Just not confident on corner entry. A little too much brake or steering input would put me an uncontrollable slide.

Then came the restarts.
    After finally everyone getting away off the line it quickly came apparent that my car was not right. Low and behold most of us had this abs glitch. To me though, it completely changed my cars behaviour. I've driven the beetle gt3 mistakingly without abs and coped pretty well. It's still agile and you still feel connected to the road.
    The McLaren behaved like a wild bull. Braking pulled my cars nose whichever way my wheel may have been slightly pointing. Trail braking became almost impossible. I had to take a weird line into a lot of the corners as I had to brake straight in a line. Going down gears would unstable the car also. The final corner proved to be a worthy foe as just keeping the car straight and not slide into the entry of it took all my willpower and skill (lack of skill?)

I don't think I've ever felt so not in control or confident in a car. I'm really going to have to go back to the drawing board and see if I can improve my tune and drivability on this thing. As I clearly put too much focus on the quali lap times and not on my race pace.

Congrats to @bluexephos22 , @KeedenMcdonald and @razor4797 on dealing with the issues and nabbing a podium.

Keeds, I don't know how the hell you still managed to drive the McLaren competitively with the abs glitch. Hats off to you. A great drive.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Race Highlights:
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    How good is that lag-out! Much improved on GT6 disconnections.
  12. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Good highlights.
    You missed the part where I drove around the track a bunch of times without doing much though :p
    StigsTC likes this.
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Yes gg
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Anyone hosting Qualy tonight?
  15. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I thought the race was being pushed back?
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So did I but it's race week and no new info so guess its still race week.
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Nah it's being pushed back, @JonoStan96 just hasn't got his sh!t together
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Nah WET’s cancelled due to coronavirus.

Calendar updated with changes, and added a new Blue Moon GT3 event (non championship)
    StigsTC likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Gday lads and lasses

New BOP and event thread inbound tomorrow.
    StigsTC, bluexephos22 and Kephin_07 like this.
  20. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    I'm in if needed
    StigsTC and Viperzed like this.