ACC FunRun01 2020 - Monday/Wednesday

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Thnx all! Results
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Good to finally get some laps around Suzuka, such an awesome track!
    Great racing, definitely a work out.

While here I’m still looking for two drivers for Octane Racing Bathurst 6 hour, runs 6-7th March, there will be more or less two hours of driving per driver. Would prefer to have a second ROOZ car (Barra, Andy and Rolz are running one already) but will see if someone there needs a third driver if no one from here can run.
    SteveDrivingSlowly, Rolz and marty like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Good to see a few joining in on the races, Im looking forward to giving the DLC tracks a run when I get home. Currently my only seat time is driving around Europe where it seems speed limits are just a vague minimum speed suggestion, nothing like Australia so much more fun. :D

The road up to Cervinia is pretty cool though its one place I dont think I have gone over the limit much yet. This is mostly a 90kmh zone with 50 through most towns which are a bit tight even at those speeds. Freeways 110 to 130 going 160 you still get passed like your going backwards sometimes.

This bit of road is my funrun this week, its probably warmer in the Alps then Melbourne atm but the road will be quite different in a few days. Its meant to snow to the bottom, I will probably only drive it on the way home but that will be more of a test then it is atm.
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Nice showcase vid, Marty.

Sorry about cutting back in front of you on race 2 Neil. I was more intent on letting AGK safely past and then getting back onto the racing line ASAP, and wasn't aware enough that you were there too.

I was doing 2:04's to 6's and the Audi felt slippery. I had to battle the car often. Then after the races, I did some more offline laps and put 1 more click rear wing on, and did a 2:02.8 :-/
    krunch, SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  5. Rolz

Yeah saw u having all sorts of trouble sliding around Wally, glad you found some stability for future races! :)
    Suzuka is such a challenging track! I understand the love for it now...
    In the Merc it seems all 'S' Curves corners (T4,5,6,7) all camber away and result in crazy understeer... and probably tire wear too? Race2 I did some tweaks to the front suspension prior to the race to mitigate that and managed to get my PB with easy a 20min tank still left... so can't wait to give that a go with qual fuel levels. :D
  6. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Aris has stated in a video that Suzuka has quite abrasive asphalt and tyre wear is higher as a result.
    Rolz likes this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I think this may have also been adjusted as well recently to lower overall grip same as Bathurst. Final corner the car slides a fair bit for me
    Rolz likes this.
  8. Rolz

Hello all, the admin team is just on the final stages of presenting what options we have for Season 2 (votes etc) so we'll have one more FunRun next week and then Start S02 on March the 9th

Was thinking since it's the week before the 6hr Endruo Octane is putting up we've have a longer normal FunRun practice so ppl taking part can get some race/distance/consistency practice and pits stop warm up too.

Monday will be a 90min Bathurst race - you will need to pit, even Bentley can't make full distance.
    Wednesday will be a 60min go hard out run, again similar to what drivers will need to maintain focus for over the enduro during their driver stint.

Keep an eye out for the S02 voting post coming up soon :thumbsup:
    krunch, c4rLo5, Shawn Jacobs and 4 others like this.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

No probs mate :). I realised you must not have seen me there right behind AGK. It didn't affect me much but I felt bad that you'd been sent off track.
    That's a big lap time improvement for 1 click of rear wing! Were the offline track conditions similar to Monday's races?
  10. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yeah, I made the temps the same. The car just felt so much nicer.
    krunch likes this.
  11. Rolz

tonights results... wrists are sore as after that!
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Disaster for me, setup I was given for the 6 hour was absolutely not working for me, hopefully revisit that tomorrow.

Sorry Matt on the contact, I should have just backed out earlier. I lifted before the turn in but looked like you did as well? Could have been some lag, not sure
    Cooper likes this.
  13. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I binned it on the first lap and well, that was that......still enjoyed it and started to get a feel for the GTR around there. Was able to lap in the 2.04's reasonably consistently at the end, so I was happy with that. Tried my best to stay out of the way but it's not easy over the top.
  14. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

All good. Yeah, my pings seemed to spike every now and then, so possibly lag. You did well to hang onto it. The honda was a rocket there last night.
  15. Rolz

thnx all for the racing last night, the mountain is a battle of attrition no doubt about it...
    I am looking forward to one final hit out on Wednesday before the enduro on Sat... Thankfully only an hour...
    I had some serious brain fuzz going on with about 15-10min left to go... took a lot of effort to snap out of that and find my rhythm again...
    nanlatt likes this.
  16. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

Thanks for the race.
    That was a baptism of fire , first race at bathurst probably not the ideal start for a noob. Still getting used to ACC , Somehow saved over the top of my race setup to something much less stable which led me into the shadow realm a few times. Pitted a few times once for repairs and the other times just as practice . Then worked out we are able to change the setup while in pits went to default safe setup + some extra pressure and things started to click, had some good consistency for quite a few laps until fatigue hit. One of the hardest things for me is how much you have to turn the steering wheel i'm used to less is more when it comes to steering in sims.

Overall great experience really enjoyed it and hope i didn't get in anyones way.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

In GT3 less steering is more too, in general. In the setup, on Mechanical, you can decrease the steering ratio if you want a different steering angle.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  18. Rolz

Glad u made it!
    yeah first few races start with safe setup, get an idea and then try aggressive...
    tire pressure generally just need to be adjusted (inc fuel).
    then as confidence in track/car builds slowly figure out what parts you want to tweak.
    I think you might get a penalty if you bail to garage to change setups once in race... but for the sake of learning and not racing for sheepstations this isn't such a deal breaker. :)
    Haven't touched steering ratio's in game, but as far as cars go they don't need much turning - I race with my formula rim over a round one.
  19. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

Thanks will look into that , atm i have to turn the wheel 90 degrees + otherwise it just wont make the turn.

Yeah rolz my setup was suppose to be a safe preset with a few minor tweaks , thinking when playing around with them during qualifying must of loaded the agg setup and set tyre pressure for night time, then saved that over my race setup.. Don't ask how i just did o_O
  20. Rolz

just check configuration... ACC is pretty good at determining wheel you are running and setting the default soft lock for it in game...