GT Sport Season 10 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Yea you had the pace. looking back i shouldve made it easier on both of us. No worries here mate
    Hatfield, Pubs16 and Matthyus like this.
  2. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Thanks mate I had some good pace and was going for a good lap until hitting traffic ahhh, but I was sloppy throughout the race anyway. One of my worst races since joining Rooz back in GT5, I'll put it under the rug and try again next week.
    Hatfield, Russell, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Fuji - 2x 25mins - 12:00 - 1/3 (Sprint)
    ^RS, 5x Tyre, 1x Fuel
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 10!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 5 mins. Once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING AND YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE
    RACE START TIME : 8:25 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

SPRINT ROUND : This round is the sprint round which has 2 shorter races. The grid for race 1 is determined by qualifying, but the second race is reverse grid based on the results from race 1. The round is scored by calculating the points that would be scored in race 1, plus half the points that would be scored in race 2. The total score is then used to order the drivers from first to last, and round points are given in order. (Pole and Fastest lap is added at the end)
    In the reverse grid race, if you are one of the faster guys coming through the pack, it is up to you to make your passes cleanly.
    If anyone leaves the room after race 1 and rejoins, you can use the Set by Host grid option to ensure the correct grid placings.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful when cutting corners like T3 and T11. There are many areas where outside track limits has tarmac but there are grass strips separating it, so be careful if you run off of dirty tyres when you rejoin, and do so safely.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

OVERTAKE BUTTON : This seasons car has an overtake button. Please ensure you map this button to your device. Also be aware using the button, increases the cars fuel usage at the time, so plan accordingly.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo tries not to get slippy
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Lol PD bs strikes again, broken hitboxes, completely different car handling between the 2 races, massively different dirty air, what a joke. Fun race for the first one but race 2 was so frustrating. Could follow Keeden and Razor no problem in Race 1, but race 2 getting within 1.5 seconds was death.

Keen for next week
    Noxrai likes this.
  7. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I've had similar issues in past races. Thought it was just me going insane
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I had the opposite, suffered dirty air and similar in race one, but race two was in a 5 car train for a good part of the second race with no issues.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Stoked to have come out of last night with my first div 1 win regardless of the fact it was a reverse grid. Race 1 was awesome fun, had a great scrap with @JonoStan96 and @razor4797 the highlight being a couple of laps of insane side by side action. Grabbing him at the line by .017 was an awesome bonus too. Race 2 started poorly when Jono killed @KeedenMcdonald who killed me. Jono was kind enough to redress and when Keeden snapped at turn 10 I jumped from 10th to 5th making the field easier to dice through. Made my way to 2nd before the pitstops and after a hard defence from @Russell I was able to go hard and run away for a W. Looking forward to next week.
    Pubs16, Kephin_07, razor4797 and 9 others like this.
  11. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Congratulations. You have been super quick all season
    Viperzed likes this.
  12. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Race 1 was a lot of fun.
    Put in a mega lap to grab second place on the grid.
    A good start and a block pass into T1 got me the lead which I held for about a third of the race until Keeden retook it.
    The second stint saw Jono pass me as my new tyres felt worse than worn ones(???) Don’t know what was up with that garbage.
    Viper and I then began an almighty scrap where he ultimately beat me to the line by the smallest of margins.
    Honestly @Viperzed that was fantastic. Hard but respectful driving saw us side by side through the entire sector 1 and sector 3 on a few occasions.

Race 2 started nicely as I was patient and snuck underneath and up 3 places into 5th at T1.
    That same patience couldn’t be said of others and along with some unfortunate drivers, had my race ruined at the chicane. My tyres were screwed from that incident which forced me to pit earlier than planned, but too much time was already lost and I spent the rest of the race dwelling on what could have been a win in that particular race.

After working out the results I had to settle for P4 overall which was a hard pill to swallow considering the one lap pace I had and the positions that I found myself in during both races.

What is even more of a slap in the face is being protested twice by my own teammate for incidences that did not involve, affect or benefit said person. As a result I may now be dropped out of the top 10.
    Nice going :thumbsup:

Next week should be fun.
    Pubs16, Russell, Kephin_07 and 4 others like this.
  13. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    I'm out again this week, guys :(

We're away for the long weekend this weekend, plus I have my hernia surgery tomorrow and expect to be pretty out of it for a while. Will hopefully be able to get some practice in and join in again at Suzuka :inlove::inlove:
    Pubs16, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Tag me next time xx
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Bit off topic but I got the ok first from Hatfield to throw this in here.

Just getting expressions of interest for a community series I am looking at running.

Supercars Next Generation
    8 Round Bi-weekly championship run on Wednesdays starting on the 22nd April.
    My take on the Supercars Championship if they decided to use the MARC Chassis as a base.
    Take a look to see what you think.
    If you have any questions or wish to enter, please do so on the below thread as not to hi-jack this thread.
    Cheers, THE_UNDER_STUDY

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/supercars-next-generation-series.3963/
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 5: Spa (Wet) - 50 mins - 06:30 - 8/3
    ^Wets, 3x Tyre, 2x Fuel
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 10!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 5 mins. Once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING AND YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE
    RACE START TIME : 8:25 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be aware of cutting or extending past the white lines/ripple strips at:
    • exit of T1
    • inside T5
    • exit of T16
    • exit of T18
    • inside T19-20.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Heavy Wets

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

OVERTAKE BUTTON : This seasons car has an overtake button. Please ensure you map this button to your device. Also be aware using the button, increases the cars fuel usage at the time, so plan accordingly.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @GTP_DHolland I noticed the like on the briefing... are you wanting to join us tomorrow night?
    Pubs16, Viperzed, Apex_64 and 3 others like this.
  18. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    I'm out tonight, kitchen Reno's got me zonked
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    apologies for parking up early.
    I just don't have the finesse to control the car in the low-mid speed corners.
    I got a tip on the brake balance to bring my practice pace up from high to low 13s but when the entire field is running at least in the 12s it is demoralising.
    I found I could be all over some others in certain sections of the track but as soon as we get to the low-mid, I just drop off.
    Once I found last place, I threw caution to the wind and found pace getting a pb 2:11.9 but the lap after I spun twice so I couldn't reliably keep up that pace.
    Good luck to everyone else for the remainder of the race
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ah man of all the times to have power issues!

Was a real shame as my pace was fantastic, but I was caught out after hitting the back of blacko and pitched myself into a clumsy half spin. Made my way up through the field with aplomb until I caught blacko, went deep into the Bus Stop and ended up resetting despite crawling through the run off. :mad:

Decided to pit for tyres and fuel and thoroughly enjoyed the chase. I didn’t think I’d be able to pass 3 cars for a top 6 but I’ll take it. Had a blast, wish we could do more races in the rain.