Logitech G29 issues after a big on track impact

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Woody, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Has anyone had any issues after getting a big hit on track where the wheel goes to full lock and won't move.

This happened to me last night, Restarting the game and rebooting the PS4 didn't fix the issue. However after the system was off for a few hours, and then turned on the wheel reset

Cheers
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Seems people are having a lot of difficulty’s lately. I don’t have the g29 but my wife are having issues with controllers disconnecting and more frequently pcars 2 is glitching out. I’m putting it down to the game and that there’s no support for it anymore because I’m not having any issues on f1 2018 or assetto corsea
    Woody likes this.
  3. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I have noticed a few more issues of late with me and other people
  4. autech91

autech91 Professional

If you get hit hard enough it can definitely happen, essentially if you get hit "out of bounds" the game doesn't know what to do so has a spaz. Usually a reboot fixes it though, has happened to me many times with both the g29 and t300 in dirty racing nights
    Woody likes this.
  5. Johndog

Johndog New Recruit

[Q
    Generally speaking the wheel has sensors that detect when the wheel is at full lock. In startup it calibrates by hitting the sensors range to program itself. If the wheel takes a big enough hit the sensors no doubt can be moved or the mounting damaged. If it continues I'd suggest that you pull it apart and inspect for any damages or have someone that is capable to check it out.
    UOTE="PaulCox, post: 204640, member: 2470"]Seems people are having a lot of difficulty’s lately. I don’t have the g29 but my wife are having issues with controllers disconnecting and more frequently pcars 2 is glitching out. I’m putting it down to the game and that there’s no support for it anymore because I’m not having any issues on f1 2018 or assetto corsea[/QUOTE]
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I've had a couple of issues with Pcars lately. I have to load a setup before each session. Occasionally it will load the incorrect setup even when running default.

I have also had the G29 lockup like you describe. restarting the PS seems to fix it for me.