Division 4 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Sorry it took a while. Only did 1 lap before parking so couldn't skip through replay. Had to let it run to end. Then had to go back and start again to grab greendogs lap time before he dropped.
  2. CWhelan85

CWhelan85 Chris

PSN ID
    CWhelan85
    Loved that race guys, great job everyone. Mid, go onto the practice section and chase the ghost. Downside to it is the settings for tyre/fuel are different to the race also I thnk edge of tract traction is different, but it will defiantly help you out, being able to try different lines.

Well done s_close, awesome job, couldn't touch ya, got close but played it safe. Emmo, well done, thought u would have been up there with us but goes to show just how much the first lap can impact the outcome.
  3. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Thanks CW :)
    Was a good race to watch guys!
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Was hoping to do better this time but only managed 5th. Still in the fight for top of the championship so I guess thats as good as I could have hoped.

Qualified 3rd with just 3 laps qualifying. Xsirdave needed some help to get the track settings right and by then we'd been going for 15mins already. Got a good start and as we came into the first left kink I turned in and made some pretty heavy side-to-side contact with emmo46 (sorry mate, our arrows on the map were so close I didn't realise you were there) which pushed him into the grass and sideways, and when he straightened up, he contacted me and pushed me out wide for the second corner but I was still in front so I backed off for just a second to let him in front (self imposed penalty for contact) and raywat3185 and qik666turbo got through as well. Got a penalty on turn 5 for cutting and greendog goes blasting past but I get back past at turn 8 when he has a spin. I outbraked qik666turbo next lap at turn 7 and set off after raywat3185 and emmo46. I could not even see S_CLOSE or CWhelan anymore so I decided to just go for what I could see. I latched onto the back of raywat3185 and hounded him until he had a moment on lap 6 that let me through. He stuck with me for a lap or so and then started to fall back and I started pulling in emmo46 but I didn't even think about conserving my tyres just trying to catch up to emmo46, and I got to within about 3 secs at one point, but by lap 18 I was struggling just to keep it on the track, made a few silly little mistakes and raywat3185 reeled me in and on lap 20 got past so I pitted. Come back out on fresh tyres and put my head down but no-one else up front pitted and I only managed to get back to within 15 secs of raywat3185 and finished 5th.

I should have conserved my tyres better but I think using the controller just tears the tyres up. Not enough sensitivity like the wheel and turning the wheels full lock all the time instead of easing it around the corners with the wheel. I've just finished my wheel set-up so practice practice practice and I might try it for laguna seca if my times match those I can do with the controller.

Congrats to S_CLOSE, CWhelan and emmo46 for the podium. And emmo46....... it's me + you now m8
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks for getting results up Dave, I will update ladder tonight.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I didn't realise until I just watched the replay that we had touched twice, the first through the first left kink I noticed because it ran me wide into the dirt on right kink but then while I was correcting the slide I contacted you again as we ran toward the next left (3rd corner). I didn't realise your car was pushed wide and let the others pass. Ray capitalised on it and was all over me and got inside into the next left hander and slightly ahead but ran wide going into the next right hande before the run down to the loop and I stayed ahead. He was looking to give me a real hard time I think bit qik came to my rescue and threw himself up the inside of Ray into the last of the continuous right handers and that allowed me some breathing space. I settled for a couple of laps to see if Ray was going to come back at me and then when I thought about closing on the leaders they were gone, I could comfortably keep pace but couldn't close on them until near the end and then I was gaining but made three mistakes, two of them incurred time penalties as well so only being seven seconds back was rewarding. My time during testing showed I could comfortably finish in 44m 50 secs which is exactly C_Closes's race time, so If I had more time to qualify or had a cleaner start I may have got amongst them, passing would have been very difficult though.
    All in all I was glad to be ahead of Ray and Ad2 and I am looking forward to the last race. C_Close and Cw are probably keen to repeat their performance but there are a number of us who would like to pick up some big points so it is going to be hectic. Good luck to you all.
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Here's my photo's for Autumn Ring Reverse

GRID
    [​IMG]
    S_CLOSE, CWhelan, me, emmo46, raywat3187, qik666turbo, xsirdave and greendog
    [​IMG]
    S_CLOSE and CWhelan leading emmo46 (inside), CWhelan (middle), and me running wide (outside), then qik666turbo and greendog
    [​IMG]
    This is how spread out we were already on the first lap, S_CLOSE and CWhelan pulling away, emmo46 and rawat3185, then qik666turbo, me and greendog
    [​IMG]
    raywat3185 sliding out of 4th and letting me through lap6
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations to S_CLOSE and CWhelan who were like this nearly all race
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Awesome pics m8, it was great getting my first win. Laguna is going to be a great finale, anyone's win!
  9. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ladder updated guys, let me know if I made any mistakes.

What happened with Midron, DNS?

And how did Dave come in under Greendog who DSC'd?

Ad2mny, great pics as always, I am very proud of our Div as we have guys keen to get pics up every race, and give race reports as well as help each other out where possible, again great work guys, and bring on "The Corkscrew"!
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Clevo, any chance you could update div 2? The usual suspects seem to be otherwise occupied. All the info you need is in my post on the last page of the div 2 thread. Cheers
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah mate will get on it later for you, just flying under the radar @ Work ;) ok if I do it tonight?
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I believe Greendog managed to do more laps than Dave before he was disconnected and Dave parked on a side of the road for the entire race.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah I think Greeny got 5 or 6 laps in and xsirdave parked up lap 2. Midron dropped out in qualifying and didn't make it back in in time again.
  14. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Guys how do you change your lounge name?
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    You change it in your settings on your GT page. If you go down to your far left it will have the little cog for settings and select My Lounge settings
  16. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
  17. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Yeah, I had to park up after 1st lap as I had stuff going on at home. Hadn't driven the track before so would have got in the way anyway. Got even more respect for you guys that do all the work each week with organsing races, results, protest and all the other work.

Greendog did a few laps more than me. Midron was dropping in and out during practice/qually and didn't make the start.
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  19. greendog

greendog Rookie

Hey guys am sorry to say but I will b not racing tonight I will b getting home too late sorry guys
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Sorry to hear that greendog
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.