DIVISION 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadarZ

BadarZ New Recruit

I've created a new account for tonight. BadarZ2.
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Room will be open in about 15mins for an early practice start, I havent done any yet.

PSN tekNiqueAU

We had 6 show, everyone got to have a close race though I think. Results tomorrow.
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    hmmm 6 in div 3.
    thats prob going to get smaller.
    will keep an eye on this.
    sorry i havent replaied to msg tek have been super busy
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Results, with best laps
    1. Stucar 1:29.587
    2. tekNique 1:29.468
    3. Rico 1:29.386* fastest lap
    4. Gary 1:29.551
    5. Mick 1:31.614
    6.Badarz 1:30.933

Brief summary:
    Stu and Gary lined up on the front row with stu on pole, Rico and I on the second row with mick and bad on the third.
    Gary lead the opening lap but the got the last 2 turns wrong and lost time down the front straight, this allowed rico and stu to close they went 3 wide and Gary got roughed on to the grass.
    In 4th I eased of and watched it unfold, gaz made a great recovery and got back on but gave it alittle to much gas on the exit of turn one and turned it.

Stu the leader and Rico now started to break away, I was now 3rd with Badz behind me. I was happy with that possy as I felt I had no pace but Badarz had other ideas and passed, not long after he got wide and I got in front again. From here I started to get a little pace and my tyres felt good. (tyres would be a big part of the race)

Rico and stu swapped posistions mid race and there battling allowed me to close the gap from 15s to under 10s (I had a few off road adventures) Gaz had overtaken Badrz at this point and wasnt to far behind me. Mean while Mad mick and Badzs were getting in a battle of there own, of which Mick would end up winning. Micks caused was no doubt help by the fact he had the best tyres out of anyone and Badz were the worst.

My tyres were pretty good, ricos on the other hand were the 2nd worst and he started to slip back to me, last lap he understeered of into the kitty litter and I got the place ending up 6 seconds behind Stu. Rico was just able to stay in front of gaz with a second between them. Mick brought in home around 3 secs in front of badzs.

Good race all Congrats Stu, champs still wide open with drop your worst round. (well i think there is)

BTW Tyre is Australian/British. Tire is American I say tyre ;)
  5. BadarZ

BadarZ New Recruit

Haha good race. Mick and I were battling throughout the race. One of us would make an error and get passed and that happened repeatedly.
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

heh I watched on replay, I made alot of errors too. Mainly oversteering out of turns, my tyres helped me towards the end for sure though.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was a good race, watched on replay today and felt sorry for gary at the end
    of the first lap, 3 in to 1 don't go but I would have driven a little straighter
    if I knew we were 3 wide. Didn't think there was too much in it, but don't like
    the idea of someone having their race ruined in the first lap.

That said, was good to get my first win, even though I tried to throw it away on
    about lap 12 at the loop. Bring on tsukuba!
  8. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Great wrap up tek, and congrats to stu for the win.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

You've had the fastest lap every race, thats alot of bonus points. I think were going to have to stop that trend :D
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    what i dont get is how fast the div 1 and 2 guys are....full credit to them, but buggered if i can see where i lose 2 secs a lap?????? Rico was fastest with a 1.29.3 for us, div 2 a 1.28 and div 1 a 1.27.5.........man thats fast!!!
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great write-up tek, and nice work in the captain's seat. Thanks for not mentioning the bit where I end up nose-on into a wall again mate ;). I had a blast as always, was great to finally get back in to it.

Don't feel sorry for me mate, I am just there for the fun and hopefully not stuff up anyone else's race (BTW sorry for the bump on lap 1). I really enjoyed the chase after that (until I stuffed up).
  12. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Not quite sure how I got the fastest lap this round, given that during quali I was dropping a full second on stu's pole time in sector 1 alone. Either way 1 decent lap doesn't make up for my high tire wear and consistency (or lack thereof) :oops:

Also full credit to these guys, most are running wheel setups which give that finesse required for the Tamora with sport hards. Not to mention practice!
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Given thats its an Endro this week we should start abit earlier I reckon. Maybe 7:30pm EST prac, 8:00pm EST Qual, 8:30pm EST race start.

Or is that too early for some? I m easy for time on Sunday so can start same as last if we want.
  14. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Great work Stu! you did what i could never do, hold onto a 1st position lol!

On another note, as you may have noticed I was not present at the last race. Sunday nights are just not a good time for me to race, I have a stressful job and the last thing i need is that kind of stress on a Sunday night. I'm the kind of person who only wants to be in it if I am going to give it my best shot, not half arsing it by not practicing enough etc. And when things don't work out how I had hoped in the race/make mistakes, i get fairly dirty on myself about it and get the :):):):)s/anxiety. PSN going down kind of made me realise how much stress it added to my Mondays.

I may be back for Season 4 depending on how things go ;)

So....basically I am withdrawing, was going to be a close race for the podium, oh well it's one less person to contest it hehe! Good luck guys :)
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi trust, thanks, nearly threw it away though! Was rewarding to get a win though, am sure I nearly strangled the wheel on the last lap!!

Sorry to hear your not racing now, real shame, good fun racing with a full grid. Hopefully see you next season, or online one night where we could race with no pressure!

Hopefully we get more guys this week just to make things really interesting!
  16. BadarZ

BadarZ New Recruit

So Tsukuba circuit this weekend right?
  17. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Not too early for me.

Race information thread says that Div 3 starts at 8.30pm EST anyway, so we should probably stick to that?
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Can we keep practice to start at 7:30, qualy from 8 and race start at 8:30?
    Race should take about hour 10, so really don't want to start any later than 8:30 IMO.
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yup ok thats the time we'll go green, 8:30pm EST race start. Room open at 7:30pm EST
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    cool tek,

One other thing.......might need to confirm before race start the rule (if any) for pit entry at this round. 54 laps is a long way, and some might want to pit, but can save about 5 secs by pitting just before the pit wall.......i think that anyone pitting should stay between the pit lines at the start of the lane.....stops any confusion IMO.....

Anyway just a thought
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.