GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yeah I knew it's not a great choice to be competitive with. But I rarely get a chance to race FIA so I won't ever get that high.
    I like an underdog car anyway. When people get beaten by the worst car it kinda hurts more lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I got pushed sideways mid corner and got a 4 seconds penalty.
    Noxrai likes this.
  3. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Sounds about right
  4. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Prior to the last update I thought the penalty system was working as well as it has ever been. Now it's gone backwards again, penalties for the slightest of contact that affects very little but go full noise and send a car to the next track... Nothing, play on... Very frustrating.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Not bad for my first outing with Toyota, 11th to 4th and a clean race. Mind you some numbnut got racey on the quali out lap, bumps in the side of me trying to avoid a guy fuel saving and I get 1 sec penalty for 'colliding with another car'
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I got a penalty when one of those numbnuts ran extra wide, I stay on the line for the pass and he suddenly lunges back on line from way outside the turn and I get a collision penalty. It sucks.
  7. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done on the clean race. SR down to 92 for me with some of those random penalties, but happy enough with P10 given I was #17 in the lobby. Bananajosh smashed it though with P1! :thumbsup:
    Viperzed likes this.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Well done gents. A disappointing P4 for me tonight on debut with the Renault RS01. 238 points is nothing to be ashamed of but left a 260 on the table with a typical PD penalty when I was racing hard in the final laps.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  9. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    The top split guys have fared no better, they've gone off at PD in twitter overnight. Adam Suswillo - 10 secs for an aggressive pit entry (slight contact to the car in front out of the final turn then they both pit). Jomas - 4 secs from a bump from behind by Quentin that saw Jomas rub the pit wall.

Interesting take on the logic of the Suswillo penalty in a reply to his tweet. Contact made by Suswillo to Fechix, both pit. Game sees loss of position caused by Fechix's pit stop as caused by the contact and so bad, gives Suswillo penalty.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  10. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I got lynched with a 10 second pit lane penalty as well.

I had pitted on lap 5 for some new mediums, as we rounded the last turn I had a run on Kyzza and co iin front. Kyzza tries to go in to pit lane but I was already side be side, he slams in to the side of me 3 or 4 times before giving up and going for another lap. As I crossed the line I got flagged with 10 seconds. That is on top of the 4 seconds I already had from some absolute lawn chair slamming in to the side of me from the outside coming in to the uphill hairpin at the start of sector 2.

Ended with 16 seconds of penalties overall, none of them was from intended contact on my behalf, but others using my car as turning devices.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    F
  12. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I'll upload the race tonight
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Got back into top split after PD nuked my account over the weekend, and it was a success despite a fracas with one of the more interesting FIA regulars...
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hi all,
    Apologies if this is a stupid question but will I have issues running in the GT Sports league on PS4 if my network is running as NAT3?
    I have reasonable speed (23 down, 2.5 up) but my NAT is set to 3. I have tried port forwarding on my router (TCP 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 and UDP 3478, 3479) and given the PS4 a static IP (connected via cable) but even with a router and PS4 reboot the NAT remains at 3.

Any advice??? :)
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes. NAT2 should be what you are getting
    DoogleDave likes this.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    That's what I thought, just not sure why it remains as NAT3 after the port forwarding.
    Hmmm....will continue investigating.
    Cheers!
  17. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    UPDATE: Network issue resolved
    After redoing network settings on my router for the PS4 (static IP, Port Forwarding, DMZ setup) I was still getting NAT3.
    I finally came across the answer which was at the ISP end.
    The culprit.....CG-NAT.
    Basically a way for ISP's to use one public IP address and share it across multiple users.

Aussie Broadband (and probably many others) use this by default but ABB allow you to opt-out of using this and they assign you your own dynamic public IP address.

When set to CG-NAT you will always get NAT3 no matter what you do to our own network, but once you get your own dynamic IP you get NAT2.

Glad that's sorted...
    stucar17, Hatfield, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well played :thumbsup:
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I'm with Aussie Broadband too. Completely forgot about this. I remember getting an email almost 2 years ago saying they were going to put everyone on the same public address you mentioned. They said it would not adversely effect most customers except gamers and a few other niche customers. They said to ring them if you would like to opt out and keep your own IP address. It was really easy. Done in 2 minutes for me.
    Couldn't be happier with them. They are always upfront and easy to deal with. I've been really happy with them and my internet.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Good to see you got your NAT issue sorted.

BTW folks, you don't need to forward TCP ports 80 (http) and 443 (https) to your PS4 - it is not a web server.