SEASON 10 - DIVISION 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Feb 1, 2020.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Depending on how messy we get on Sunday hosting a F1 day will decide if Shells and I race Sunday night
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok all, am confirming we WILL be running the Bathurst round this weekend....
    Ill get the drivers briefing up tomorrow (friday).
    A 3 or 4 state long weekend is different to an event like F1..... The F1 race will be finished by Bathurst start, so we really need to push on with the season.
    - We will get room captains to do a roll call before Qual, so then we can join rooms of needed....
    - If you are NOT racing this weekend, please let your room know.

Thanks stu
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver briefing is up guys....
    We will do a roll call before qual of all divs to see if we need to merge divs to give a full race room....
    Stu
    Rebort likes this.
  4. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    Well the Mountain took many victims again.
    I got pinched for speeding in pits during quali, by accident +2 position for the start on my pole sitting time lol
    Was a hard and fast race for everyone looking back at the replay, probably harder if you chose to run with the pack then alone
    pit strategy was a big key and having fresh air
    It was great to see the pace and Determination from everyone, even Squid that was still half tanked pushing hard and sticking to the racing line :):ninja:
    nigegunz, Anthonyb and Rebort like this.
  5. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    I struggled with button mapping - set to do a tyre change and couldn't get the buttons to allow this to be changed. So I have now bit the bullet and reset all the buttons to default so now have to reassign them - did a test after the race and it is working again. Couldn't change pit strategy mid-race like I used too - to take tyres or to not take tyres!

The start wasn't the greatest. Running up the mountain for pushed and pushed wide and off the track which saw the pack catch up only then to have them slow right down and re-adress (which was the right thing to do) which I swerved to miss and I think caused some issues with the last couple of cars behind us. Took a few laps to get settled at which time was some 1 minute or so off the leader and it just got worst pushing a little too hard coming down the moountain and round and round I went a couple of times.

Did my pitstop and it was set to take tyres (wasn't required but couldn't change it!) So took on softs at about lap 14/15 which saw me gain on coxy but kept buggering it up and fell back and back. Still a good race - a few mistakes which the mountain punishes you for. I was and wasn't happy with my result. I did get lapped - GGGRRRRR.
    George, Anthonyb and Dazza like this.
  6. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    @Rebort That sucks. I had my fanatec wheel decide it was a G29 one time which wiped all my mapped buttons. And Bathurst man, you can think you are sorted for the race and something will happen every time. I had a terrible opening lap too and spent the race chasing. Super sucks you couldn't change from taking softs though.

Let me know if you need help for Imola. I will tell you what sparky has told me :D haha
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. Rebort

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Cheers. Yeah will run through the setting during practice with you.
    George likes this.
  8. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    I have no Secrets lol just keep the nose straight and foot Planted
    Rebort and George like this.
  9. Rebort

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    I must be doing something wrong on my G920 then!!!!
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Dad had an opp on Tuesday and is stuck at home. Can’t get any food n stuff delivered now. I’m heading to Sydney tomorrow morning to fill up his fridge so depending on weather I stay the night or not will may be racing or maybe missing it. I’ll know tomorrow lunch time
    Dazza likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Safe trip Coxy. Hope your old man has a speedy recovery
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    PaulCox likes this.
  12. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    Drive safe and our thoughts are with you
    PaulCox likes this.
  13. Rebort

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Great night tongiht guys. I enjoyed the full grid and the fights and staying out of the fast guys ways.

Not sure where I came tho - 11th overall but not sure what that comes back to? Metal - really enjoyed racing behind you.
    Dazza and Anthonyb like this.
  14. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Enjoyed racing with you guys. Good to see those who will be moving up next season showing great pace. @Gavatron a few laps there you did make time back on me.

And congrats on the track etiquette too, no one slowed where they shouldn't or tried to race when being passed. Made the race that much more enjoyable.
    Dazza and Rebort like this.
  15. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    Well done to everyone, i had a couple of issues with a magnetic fence for 20 Sec, lol. putting me last and having to fight to get back up. But was great to see the pace out of both Div 4-5 drivers, really wish the fields could be bigger as the battles were epic
    Azza great to see you up the front pushing, I expect the same next week at Le-Mans (Enduro Round 22 Laps)
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Cheers guys, wasn’t anything too serious just a hernia but enough that he can’t drive for another week.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For those of you that have been wanting to try a bit of GT Sport without impacting your PCars racing, now is that time.

We have brought forward the next GT Sport season to start 29/4 and at this time, that is not clashing with PCars, so we would love to see you give it a crack.
    If you are interested, get your name down here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-11-entry-thread.3991/

Car/Track combo is under vote now, so you can vote here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-11-vote.3994/

If you do have a go, please make sure you qualify using this guide:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gtloz-how-to-qualify-for-gt-sport-sunday-league.2969/
    Rebort and JJ_Penguin like this.
  19. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    Well done everyone with last night, I am very proved to see you all show Div4 drivers what you all can do!!
    Draft was a big factor on Le Mans and when night come knowing when to attack on cold tires was fun
    I had multiple spins due to my over driving. Going down the order fighting back and pitting with clear track, put the car in front of both Divs until Tuddys was on a flying lap. So Second for both divs wasn't to bad of a outcome
    We have had a great season, with a lot of great battles [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Anthonyb and George like this.
  20. Rebort

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Yes was a great last race. Buggered it up on the first few corners and so was at the back but came back to have Thorto back back onto the track but recovered without spinning which was good. Then pitted earlish - lap 8 I think for fuel and softs. Was alone for a bit then Thorto caught me and tailgated/pushed me round (wasn't fun) for the rest of the race until the second last lap where he spun and gave me some breathing room. I caught Kaka and we had a spin and but got him later on the last lap when he spun (probs due to no tyres left like myself!!!) But great fun.

Gonna giver the GT Sports a try seems it isn't going to interfer with the next season here.

Thanks again all - I think this season I got my first ever podium so must be doing something right!!!!
    Anthonyb, George and Dazza like this.