PCARS-2 2020 RACEONOZ TEAMS GTE WORLD SERIES {COMPLETED}

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by nigegunz, Jan 1, 2020.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

do you want to go on standby for Spa next weekend Jim? we should have a full grid or very close to it but neither of the other guys on the reserve list have made contact at all
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  2. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz
    Why do we have to complicate everything with the rain and 2x wether progereesion etc. Can't we just race as of the rules in the 6hr
  3. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the 6hr rules are designed for a different situation Max, that's why they needed tweaking. trust us mate, it'll be huge fun

complicated is what the world has going on right now, interesting is how I'd describe the racing scenario we're proposing. changeable conditions are always preferable for better racing & we've had a couple of years now experimenting with the pcars2 parameters
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Combined
    v8power383 and nigegunz like this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

OP has now been updated, NURBURGRING COMBINED has an unassailable lead for the August enduro
  6. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

testing last night has the proposed weather for Saturday weeks race at Spa lookn very good to spice it up
    9am race start (5x time progression) 4 slots of weather (x2 progression) clear, light rain, clear, clear
    approx stint lengths: dry stint 25 mins, wet stint 25 mins, dry stint 75 mins, wet stint 25 mins, dry stint 25
    it's going to turn to dusk during the 2nd wet stint & the race will end at midnight game time
    V8 is talking with Josh about an actual race start time for the broadcast so thats now the only thing we haven't decided on, watch this space
    we'll still be doing the shootout quali in reverse championship order
    drivers briefing up later today
    Max, George and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  7. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

2020 RACEONOZ TEAMS GTE WORLD SERIES : DRIVERS BRIEFING
    RACE 3 : SPA : 4TH APRIL 2020, kick off time TBD
    - DEFAULT IN GAME DATE : 21/8
    - SHOOTOUT QUALI @ 4PM, CLEAR WEATHER, REAL TIME TIME PROGRESSION
    - RACE @ 9AM : 5X TIME PROGRESSION
    - 4 WEATHER SLOTS : CLEAR, LIGHT RAIN, CLEAR, CLEAR
    - 2X WEATHER PROGRESSION
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - FUEL FLOW : REAL
    [​IMG]

QUALIFYING
    Our first shootout quali of the year, we’ll be running in reverse championship order to put on the best possible show. I’ll post a list of the order in the thread & in the chat.
    The first driver out leaves the pits on their warm up lap & when they have reached the bus stop chicane, the next driver commences their own warm up lap. The most important thing is that you don’t get in the way of anyone on a flyer.

RACE
    It’s now a 3 hour race, so avoid contact with each other & the little green bollards at all costs in order to avoid damage. Make sure you have done some day & night, dry & wet testing to know what tyre pressures you’ll need when the rain begins & the sun goes down, you’ll need to create a couple of pit stop strategies to be sorted for this. Make sure you have a button mapped for your headlights! If you use the in car camera view, make sure you have a button mapped for your wipers!

TRACK LIMITS
    You must have 2 wheels ON or INSIDE the ripple strips AT ALL TIMES.

I think we all learnt a valuable lesson from Round 1 at Algarve, it’s all too easy to run wide in the heat of a battle OR when you’re pushing hard to make up some time on the car ahead.
    These are the places at Spa where where you MUST remain inside track limits:

EAU ROUGE / RAIDILLON - T 3, 4 & 5
    POUHON - T 12
    COURBE PAUL FRERE - T 16
    BLANCHIMENT - T 17 & 18

Make a mistake or 2 and that's OK, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.

If you run wide & make up a place as a result, YOU MUST REDRESS.
    The ONLY exception to this is when you are forced wide to avoid making a collision with an incident ahead.

If you leave the track FOR ANY REASON, including incidental contact, YOU MUST REJOIN SAFELY without making any contact with another car. NO EXCEPTIONS.

CONTACT
    If you make contact & gain a position, YOU MUST REDRESS.
    The ONLY exception to this is incidental SIDE BY SIDE contact when you are holding your line but giving racing room.

CAR RESETS
    You are allowed to reset your car IF you are on your roof, or stuck on a barrier. YOU MUST RESET WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO. If you reset in the path of oncoming traffic and cause an accident, you will be penalised.

BLUE FLAGS
    Please observe blue flags and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Drive as normal ON THE RACING LINE until a straight & then lift off the throttle to let the faster car pass. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. Do not worry about going down a lap as a DSC/SAFETY CAR will result in everyone being back on the lead lap.

YOU MUST FINISH THE RACE TO SCORE POINTS.
    The points scoring system is in the OP on the website. All results will be posted online.

SAFETY CARS
    Same as last year, if someone DSC’s, we’ll put out the word for everyone to retire to the pits. We’ll then regroup in the lobby & reload the race or make a new room. It’ll then be a standing start (don’t jump the start, if you do you will have to serve a DT penalty) & we’ll get into the race order we were in before the DSC occurred.
    Once everyone is in order, the race leader will act as the safety car & proceed in single file. The race will return to green flag racing at a designated place on the track, either going up the Kemmel straight or out of the final bus stop chicane.

THE DSC TEAM/CAR WILL HAVE TO START FROM THE REAR OF THE GRID.

New for this year will be a RANDOM SAFETY CAR, called by Demo1 or the room captains. When this occurs, same drill as above, everyone retires to the pits & we’ll reload the race using a standing start to get everyone into the race order we were in.

Good luck to all, I'm sure we're in for a great race.

8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

@Jim_aka_The_Man we've got a spot for you on the grid next weekend mate

quali running order will be:
    V8
    Luke
    skippy
    Jim
    Aadman
    Coxy
    Waz
    Brett
    Max
    sparky
    TB
    George
    JJ
    Blue
    Benny
    Moose
    nige
  9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    @Demo 1 Garage are you still keen to broadcast and if so is there a time that best suits you? Start time was 4pm but with it being a 3 hour race now we could start qualifying around 6pm for the shootout qualifying if that helps
  10. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz
    With the random safety car it won't give people a fair chance to get ahead and race, if we have 2 or 3 DC'S plus the random safety car there will be way too many stoppages and room changes for a 3 hour race. And if someone DC'S twice or more do they get disqualified?
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

That's what makes it so good at replicating reality Max, no matter how far into the distance you might get it, a safety car will pull you right back to the field & make you earn it all over again.
    Last year, in the 3 6hr races we did, we had 2 DSC each race & every time it happened it created a brilliant strategic race to the fat lady as well as some great racing along the way & no, no one is going to be DQ'd for DSC twice or more, their punishment will be to start from the back of the field at the restart. The point of this series is to stay on it & get it to the chequered flag to score points because you never know what's going to happen, damage is on & we hoonmans make mistakes
    George likes this.
  12. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz
    Well it's going to make for a real interesting race with the rain, safety cars etc. A lot of action for a 3hr hopefully it goes in my favour. The point I was getting with the multiple DC's, is if someone DC'S like 4 times is 20mins it would really disrupt and be a nuisance. It won't allow for any racing. But I trust that this system will work out!
    nigegunz likes this.
  13. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

How awesome would it be if it rained in sections rather than the whole track at once. Eg sector 2 got wet first so sector 1 & 3 stayed bone dry for 10 mins. Then the whole track got wet! Hooley dooley
    Jim_aka_The_Man, George and nigegunz like this.
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah sorry I've been busy but yeah if we start the race at 7pm he won't be broadcasting qualifying though
    George likes this.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

ok sweet, there it is fellas, 6pm shootout, 7pm race start this Sat for the Spa 3hr sprint round
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Only question is will we get through everyone before the time runs out
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

you're first out so get the ball rolling asap & everyone will follow suit. there's only 16 of us at say 2.5mins per out lap so we should be cruisy
    if anyone bins it, the next driver should proceed immediately to the track
    if anyone aborts their lap, same as above
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Half a can of contact cleaner and my pedals are working like new.....now I’m actually looking forward to this again
    nigegunz likes this.
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    How far am I behind the pace pulling a low 18. I definitely know there’s a 16 in there for me which scares me because some lads must be pulling 13s maybe faster
    nigegunz likes this.