GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Sign me up
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Yep all entered.
    Just in regards to team entries. New team entries can only enter if another team pulls out or is unable to fulfill its spot on the grid with a reserve driver. In saying that, as you are a team owner to 4 vehicles, you could theoretically swap out one of your teams for this other entry during the series. Would hurt your overall points though for the team you pull out.

I think you just really want the pretty trophy....:D:D;);)
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Thrown you on the reserve list. No doubt will be called on for when a team is low on points and needs a win.:):)
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The trophy is a good motivator, but really I just want all the drivers I have signed to be able to get a start, at the moment I've ended up with more drivers for round 1 than I have cars on the entry.
    Also could I make car 5 the reserve and car 42 the official entry in its place.
  5. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Yep, will update. If it happens, would you be willing to 'Hire Out' your driver if someone needs someone for round 1 maybe???
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If a team decides to quit aft
    Thanx, and yes I would be happy to share a driver, even myself if need be.
  7. THE_UNDER_STUDY

@emmo46 , meant to ask, is Ursine classified as the main driver for the #42 now or just leave it as a TBA for now?
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    TBA for now, it may be me if we can find a another drive outside the team. What is the deadline for deciding driver line up. My main focus is getting bums on seats for all my drivers.
  9. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Idealy the Tuesday before each round, but understand things can change.
    The below link is just a test atm, but the plan is for team owners to go to this link prior to each round and confirm their driver or change the driver for that round. If you get a chance, give it a go. I would be interested if I've set it up properly.

DRIVER LINE UP.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am just trying to figure out what happens if there are last minute withdrawals.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'd say definitely run with the meds :p
    emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  12. THE_UNDER_STUDY

What with the amount of drivers you have signed, you should have plenty. :p:p

As long as a team owner has confirmed their drivers earlier in the week, if an issue pops up on the day/night of the race, and you can't get a reserve at short notice, the penalty shouldn't/won't apply.

The DNS penalty might have come across as a bit harsh, but the main reason was to get the most commited guys into the series, which I think I have. (Hell their is a cheap arse trophy up for grabs, who wouldn't was a piece of this action;)o_O) I just didn't want Joe Blow entering to race once then never to be seen again. That wouldn't be fair to the other guys that have committed. I think the team structure will be a good way of keeping a near to full grid.
    But that doesn't mean that life isn't gunna get in the way sometimes.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I too am committed to a full grid, that is why I'm structuring my team so as to always have as many cars on the grid as I can. At the moment I don't have as many cars as drivers.
    I think this is a very exciting series. I also know there will be people who won't go the distance and I am hoping to be able to make up the short fall.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  14. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

We'll start at the Tsukuba track for some practice runs ready for next week. And as it lost out in the vote, we will jump onto the BB raceway just for some S#!7s and giggles before the season start.

Room open from 7:30pm. (SCNG Test Night)

@Xtr3meNZer , did you get the PM I sent you re R & R?
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  16. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Please ignore.......
    Please see post #306 for updated info.
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/ind...xt-generation-series.3963/page-16#post-206576.

ATTENTION TEAM OWNERS AND DRIVERS:
    RIM CHOICE IS NOW - BBS LM-R. (please get from store this week.)
    I have waited and waited for my favourite rim to come back in the mileage store but to no avail. So a new rim has been chosen for the series. It is available now in the store this week. If they could be on your cars by the start of the series, that would be fantastic. Cheers
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    is it really necessary? I only say because someone like emmo who has made 6 liveries, has to go and update each individual livery with the new rim, and reshare all 6 again
    Apex_64 likes this.
  18. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I would like them as uniform as possible. But if people really don't want it, I guess it doesn't have to be done.

I find it funny though that last week Hat, you were accusing me of not showing any interest in my own league (re, emmo's euro night), but when I do stuff like this, be it maybe slightly tedious, I get blow back. :rolleyes:o_O
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't take it the wrong way, I was merely being sarcastic when accusing you.

Also I am not saying I don't want uniform rims, merely asking how much you really want uniformity.

It isn't my series, and you're doing a good job, so I will keep my mouth shut
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    can't you change the wheels independently of the livery?