GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

I probably read what you wrote the wrong way. Bad day, so I apologise. Just want the series to go well.

Ok, lets try this then, looking at the liveries with less OCD eyes that have been shared, most rims are very similar.

Maybe if I could ask @emmo46 and @Max Gassit to change their rims on the #5 and #28 back to the standards, that might save time for people like Emmo who does have alot of liveries to do.

Would doing it this way suit people better???
    Hatfield likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't mind redoing the liveries, there are some enhancements I can do, I think I have the number boards on back to front and I have a new #42 to create anyway. I think the #46 car has the wrong tyre stickers as well. Which rim is it?
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    changing the rims doesn't involve doing a new livery, you open the existing livery make the changes and "save as" under a different title.
  4. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I probably left it too late I think. We'll go with your suggestion a few posts ago of using the standard rims on the cars. They are similar enough to look the same. With the Dunlop tyre, you can't really tell the difference.
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Don't forget about the drunken runs at Bathurst afterwards ;)
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    So back to standard rims on the #5 car then
  7. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Yeah mate, cheers. I'll throw a little list in the next post as to what needs changing.
  8. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Small update to liveries:
    Please make sure these are correct prior to Season Start.
    I have tagged people in who might need to change going by original shared livery.
    Tyres: Dunlop (@emmo46 (on the #46), @JJ_Penguin , @Max Gassit )
    Rims: Standard for Manufacturer: (@emmo46 (#5), @Max Gassit )

Cheers.

9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    All done.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  10. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Above link is this series rules and regs + penalties for the series. Used the base ROOZ regs that everyone should know with some small changes to suit the series. Also added to OP and the website. Please have a read through them.
    Any questions, or if you think I've made a boo boo in the regs let me know.
    Cheers.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  11. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    So I need to change the rims on my car? Even though I spent ages looking through my long list of mags to fit it lol.

They're quite far down the line I remember that much... Surely most guys here would have them? Being that most have played for years...
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    FYI, it is not all that obvious that the bold text at the top of your post is a hyperlink. Why not just copy and paste here?
  13. THE_UNDER_STUDY

[​IMG]

Stewards: THE_UNDER_STUDY & Xtr3meNZer.

(Incidents involving either Under or Xtr3me, the non involved steward will make the ruling.)

Heavy Damage Incidents

Where possible, redressing an incident you deem necessary, please do so in a safe area of the track, as to not impede fellow racers. As this series is running with heavy damage, occasions might occur where an incident may result in damage to a vehicle where it is not possible to redress. Please advise over mic if needing to pit for damage so to advise if redressing would not be possible. If you believe the incident was more than just a racing incident, please follow the complaints section below.

In the words of Ursine, “if in doubt, go flat out.”

Complaints

If you need to make a complaint against a driver you are expected to follow these procedures

1: Contact either of the stewards (@THE_UNDER_STUDY, @Xtr3meNZer) via PM only using the heading "Racing Complaint"

2: In the complaint message you are to supply the following information;

a: Member PSN Tag

b: Video or link to video of the incident

c: Car driven by driver

d: Any details of the incident and what you think happened

The stewards will contact the other party involved for a reply to the complaint with a result issued directly to the parties involved as quickly as possible.

(xxiii) Incidents are NOT to be discussed in the Racing League thread, they are to be done via PM ONLY

General

(i) Rules are subject to change as issues come to light, if there is a rule change users will be notified, and the change announced in the main thread

(ii) All drivers are expected to read and understand each rule, if a driver has any query about any rule he or she is expected to contact or the racing league administrator to clarify the rule

(iii) Sportsmanlike behaviour is to be conducted at all times, rules are not open to interpretation, they are to be followed as they have been laid out

(iv) Abuse over voice or chat is strictly forbidden and may result in instant removal from the competition.

(v) Talking, chatting or having a running commentary whilst a race is taking place is forbidden as it can easily distract the other drivers, mics are to be used sparingly eg. a quick 'sorry' after a bump, or 'exiting pits' and 'pass left/right' communication with lap traffic is encouraged.

(vi) Aggressive driving, unfair and unsportsmanlike driving is forbidden, all complaints against drivers will be logged and multiple offenders will be banned from the Competition.

(vii) Cutting corners or chicanes not in accordance with the rules is not allowed, this includes all areas of the race track and will be treated as unfair driving

(viii-i) TRACK LIMITS : Track limits are defined as the ripple strips or the white line that defines the edge of the track. Drivers must have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip or white line at all times. Any driver who INTENTIONALLY or "CONTINUALLY" runs outside these boundaries to gain an advantage will be penalized. Any penalties handed down will be the result of "conclusive" proof of any breach of the rules.

(viii) The racing line and position of all drivers must be respected

(ix) If you are being lapped do not attempt to race the passing car. Blue flag rules apply. Meaning you must concede track position to drivers on the lead lap within a reasonable time frame. If you are battling for position with another driver some concession can be made, but at your next available opportunity (such as before the braking zone on a straight), you should concede track position. A rule of thumb for a reasonable time frame is within four corners, unless you can pull away (out of slip stream range) during this time due to fresher tyres for example.

(x) If you leave the race prior to the end, you will be classified as a DNF with no points accumulated. This does not include unintentional disconnections.

(xi) Drivers that fail to observe the race rules will be assessed and if need be disciplined by the stewards.

In Race

(i) When entering the pits you must stay within the pit lane

(ii) When exiting the pits you must stay within the pit out white exit line

(iii) Due to the way pit stops are implemented in GTS, overtaking is permitted in the pits

(iv) Collisions are to be avoided at all costs

(v) Leaning, pushing or forcing cars off the track in any situation is strictly prohibited

(vi) Drivers must avoid running into the cars in front of them, if a driver brakes too late and will run into the car behind them the options of bailing out into the grass, gravel or wall must be taken if available to them

(vii) The driver ahead must not 'brake check' the driver behind, that is; the driver must not brake maliciously in order to force the car behind to crash into them. The ahead driver is allowed to brake early into corners and maintain the racing line

(viii) If contact does occur and the guilty driver gains place(s) in result of the contact the driver in question must move off the racing line, slow down and allow the innocent driver(s) pass and the next possible point of the racetrack, if this is not carried out then penalties apply*

(ix) If contact occurs and it is unclear who is at fault then racing position prior to the collision must be put in place

(x) Drivers must respect whom has the racing line when turning into and coming out of a corner, the driver which has the inside of a corner has the entrance advantage, other drivers must respect the driving line and avoid a collision

(xii) When an overtake occurs the leading driver is expected to return to the racing line without endangering the car they have just passed

(xiii) When an overtake occurs and the passing driver brakes late and overshoots a corner they are not to turn sharply back into the racing line if it endangers any cars behind them who have maintained the racing line

(xiv) The lead driver has the right to defend their race position within reason, they have the right maintain their choice of racing line into and out of a corner, choose their position they wish to drive on a straight, they are not allowed to drastically change their line in a corner in order to prevent the car behind from passing resulting in a collision or the car behind having to resort to driving off the track to avoid an accident. They are allowed to make ONE tactical change of line in approaching a corner to defend their position.

(xiv-i) SWERVING : A driver may NOT swerve from side to side at any point of the track, to prevent the following car from gaining the tow. Drivers may make ONE change of direction and then maintain that line till the next corner. Drivers making more than 1 change to their line with the obvious intent of stopping the following car from gaining the draft, causing contact or forcing others to take evasive action, may me penalized post race.

(xv) The lead driver has the right to drive the defensive line around the track if they so wish, forcing the driver to attack on the outside, this is acceptable race etiquette

(xvi) If you create an error when driving (i.e. going wide on a corner) and in result are passed the another driver(s), do not retaliate and attempt to collide with the passing driver

(xvii) If an incident occurs, you are expected to return to the track in a manner which does not interfere with other cars still on the track, and incident can be said to include but not limited to;

a: Spinning out

b: facing the wrong way

c: perpendicular to the track

(xviii) When returning to the track estimate how long it will take you to return to an acceptable speed then use in HUD map to check where other cars are in relation to yours, only return to the track when you think you have sufficient time to do so without interfering with any other cars

(xix) Return to the track parallel to the road, it is easy to spin when going from grass to tarmac so do so gently and carefully

(xx) If you are stuck in a position where you must reverse back onto the track allow all cars to pass first, estimate this could take anywhere up to 20 seconds so ensure that the HUD map is used so you do not interfere with any other drivers while completing this manoeuvre

Other Important Information to Read.

https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  14. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Another great practice night fellas. Big thanks to @emmo46 for taking over the reigns after my internet went bung.

BRING ON THE MAIN EVENT.
    UrsineSaturn9 and emmo46 like this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Sharing the Bathurst race now. Worth a watch (particularly the last corner of the last lap!) ;):whistling:
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Car 42 is a BMW M6.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Close racing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think someone should have a word to Incey about track limits. Evidence is shown in pic 1.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That's just lag ;)
  20. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    my team will be moving to lexus
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.