GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

I would prefer you in the main series though as you have invested alot into this series as well with the amount of teams you have entered. In saying that, I have yet to hear from a couple of teams entered for a while so it could still mean a #5 entry in the main series yet.
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I would be also able to share my spreadsheet on driver weights for each round. That would be handy as their would be different room hosts in the reserves division from round to round possibly.
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If I was driving in the main game I would be happy to share car 5 with a reserve driver or someone who wants a casual run in the reserve race.
  4. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

I haven't put my name down. Due to being full. Assuming others might be in the same boat.

At the same time I didn't wanna cause added stress and changes a week before you start lol.
  5. THE_UNDER_STUDY

@emmo46 Can you have a look at the below link and tell me what you think. Just changed up the driver comfirmation form to add a reserves list. If you think that is all good. I will update the info for everyone. (Didn't think it would be this popular.)
    >>>>>>HERE<<<<<<
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looks good.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have drivers for all my team cars in the main game this week. I was faced with a decision to force one to the side line so I could drive if another spot didn't come up. If there is a second tier event I would be happy to leave the tier 1 cars to them and I would run in tier two. Of course there is always the possibility one of them won't show and I will then fill that car in tier 1. Car 5 would then be free if someone wanted to run it in teir 2. I assume tier 2 wouldn't be an ongoing championship, just one off events each round.
  8. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I thought dependant on numbers, it could still run as an ongoing championship with the same point structure, but tier 2 would have 1 or 2 drop rounds to allow guys to be able to fill in in tier 1 and not lose out in tier 2. Do you think that could work?

emmo46 likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If tier 2 is a championship it may lead to drivers preferring to race there instead of tier 1, especially later in the season if they are doing well in the tier two tables. I think just one off events would be better because as numbers drop as they inevitably do then you may not have enough for tier 1 let alone tier 2. Tier 2 gives the reserves a place to race while they wait for an opening in tier 1.
    If and when contestants wander off from tier 1 it would then be decided if they share their car with someone to complete the season taking over their points or a new team fills in and starts from scratch in the championship.
  10. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Very good point. One off events it is.
  11. THE_UNDER_STUDY

SERIES UPDATED:
    Due to the popularity of this series, we will now have 2 race series each round.
    The Main Series
    [​IMG]

Reserve Racers
    [​IMG]

NextGen Two will be run as one off events for reserve drivers or anyone who is available on the same night as NextGen One. It will still use the Rules and Regs of NextGen One.
    Room hosts will be decided on the day of the race as drivers in NextGen Two are bound to change from round to round.
    So if you were hesitant in putting your name down before because the main series was full, you now have a race to run. Go to the driver comfirmation sheet (below where it says click me) and put your name down as a reserve driver. Good Luck

ROUND 1 TEAM/DRIVER ENTRY NOW AVAILABLE.

[​IMG]
    >>>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<<
    To confirm your team and driver. Please write in your driver and tick the checkbox beside your team to confirm.

Please confirm your driver by Tuesday at the latest.
    (Obviously last minute changes are allowed, but please ensure you at least confirm your team and have a preliminary driver entered.)

***By confirming your entry for Round 1, your team is commiting to run the full series.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Don't think anyone sounds stressed. :thumbsup: Good suggestion, discussion and outcome I think. I'm happy to race in SCNG1 or SCNG2. I'm just happy to race! :D
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Max @Easyprey007 @xlxy90 @fubbles888 @Slartybar @Dazza83

get your entries in for Thursday.
  14. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

I.ll join the reserves.

Could I suggest some incentive for div 2/reserves though. Like the top 2/3 drivers from each team earn half points or something basic.

2 reason keeps ppl rocking up each week and keeps div 2 exciting if there's incentive..
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The idea is to do tier two until you get a go at Tier 1.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Get your entry into the spreadsheet Under Study has linked in the first post page 1.
  17. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I will join the Next Jen 2 as a reserve I might not be able to do them all because of work, we are doing 12 hr days and sometimes I am stuffed when I get home ....Thanks
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What car? and number?
  19. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Cool, cheers for joining.
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID