CAR CHOICE FOR SEASON 11

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 5, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys.... I know things have been a little quiet on this front since the last season finished.....

I (and a couple of others) have been working on something a little different from what we normally do, and if it comes off it should give some great racing, and possibly mix up the results a little at different tracks....

That said, feel free to add in some ideas if this doesnt come off !

Thanks stu
  2. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Go karts?
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    NO, ok, ill just come out with it...

We are looking at a Blancpain type series in a limited number of cars (3 or 4)
    We are in the process of testing and working backwards having picked 10 tracks these cars use, and then getting baseline times for the following cars. 1 x FR, 1 x RR and 4 x MR
    - Accura
    - Bentley
    - Porsche
    - Audi
    - Ferrari
    - Lamborghini

The AMG, Mclaren seemed to be a lot faster at a lot of the test tracks, so we have excluded them...... Some cars will suit some tracks, so i am looking at a 7 lap average over the 6 cars so it will possibly mix up the results a little.

The plan will be to complete these tests by the end of the week, and then release the track list and cars early next week so drivers can test and then pick the car of their choice. IF its clear that we cant make this work with 4 cars, we will try narrow it to 2, and or scrap it completely and run a 1 make series like we normally do. Just trying to mix it up a little !

If anyone wants to join the test sessions just let me know, no secrets mens business with this one !
    Cheers stu
  4. autech91

autech91 Professional

Happy to give you a hand testing if I'm on Stu, got plenty of time right now!
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. Themissile43

Themissile43 New Recruit

PSN ID
    TheMissle43

Happy to give a hand with some testing to stu!
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    To fit in with the teams championships, are the cars going to teams rather than drivers?? I.E. Lowest finishing team last season to get first pick of car???
    Hoppy (benny11169) and George like this.
  7. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    good idea Stu and team,
    fingers crossed for the porsche :thumbsup:
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not at this stage. I wanted to test them all first and see how they shape up
  9. brettwant7

brettwant7 New Recruit Gold Member

Love that idea
  10. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    My hands up if needed help testing, always like trying unpopular cars
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I hope to be able to make a call later today on the car / cars for this season....
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  12. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Feeling left out of the group Stu
  13. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Will be a great season if we run all 4 cars, after tonight's racin it will be a close season
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok all,
    CONFIRMING the GT3 cars for season 11 will be the following
    PORSCHE
    [​IMG]
    FERRARI
    [​IMG]

ACCURA NSX
    [​IMG]
    BENTLEY
    [​IMG]

- Tyre wear will be accelerated, with fuel burn on.
    - Given how long these tyres last we will set the races up based on cooler to mid temps so that it brings the soft tyres into play.
    - At this stage we are thinking that you may change your car pick for round 4 ONLY. This is yet to be confirmed.
    - In my testing (and the others that helped me) there are tracks that suit certain cars.
    - The Porsche and Bentley seemed faster on the straight (marginally) while the ferrari and NSX seem faster in the twistys!

Get testing people, and make sure you get your entry in if you havent already !
    Stu
    freddyp_33, George, Bounty05 and 5 others like this.
  15. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Great to see another season with variety again.
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone.... Just a quick message to let you know where we are up to with the season set up and what will be happening in the next 2 weeks.
    For anyone still thinking about getting involved, we have spots, and the racing in these four cars has been fantastic..... Please let me know asap if you are keen to race, or even a maybe .... for the new guys, if you have friends that might want to join, the more the merrier !
    - We are currently at 66 entries and i expect we will get more with the season still a few weeks away.
    - There are a few new guys on the entry list, and all that have joined our prac rooms have been very clean and keen to get involved.... PLEASE add them to your lists and invite them if you see them on..... They are Starzyme, a.river.runs, someone1-awesome, ll__VENOM__ll, ckj33, tubbster22, groover33, rippenAnew1, wrapworkzaustral, decepticon47 (PSN - LMTGP), chubbe08 ......... These drivers will be placed in divs when i get an idea of their pace and the best fit for them !
    - This means we will probably go to 5 divisions and i will start working on that this week.....
    - REMEMBER that the div placements are PROVISIONAL right up until round 1.
    - The racing has been fantastic in the 4 cars, with not 1 car dominating.... Have been lots of races where the top 4 qual spots have been filled with the 4 different cars
    - Each car has its own characteristics, The main one for people to be aware of is the brake zones..... be aware of that in you prac sessions
    - We are looking at the track list now (down to shortlist of 10) and are looking to play with the temps etc to bring the soft tyre into play...
    - The MEET AND GREET is scheduled for the 3rd May, with a week break on the 10th for mothers day and then Round 1 on the 17th may
    - We will release the track list at the meet and greet, and this will give drivers 2 weeks to determine what car they wish to run in. Given the 2 week gap to select your car, and knowing the tracks, we are still debating if we allow drivers to change their car after round 3.
    - I have a broadcaster locked in for the Div 1 room....
    - Remember you have to race 5 of the 7 rounds to qualify to go into the draw for the PAGNIAN F-GT COCKPIT

I will update you more as we get closer, or as i get the divs closer to sorted...
    Cheers stu
    Adam Parsons, ckj33 and nigegunz like this.
  17. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    @stucar17 Just an FYI, as of today I have 42 confirmed car choices out of a potential 84 drivers.
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, will post up driver briefing tomorrow and the first line will be " the car you run in the first race will be the car you run for the season"
    George likes this.
  19. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I still need to know the car choices for the following:
    Cheers.

Kartdude45 -
    AOCleaner -
    Natmanscoop -
    blindmanracing - NSX
    antmeg26 -