GT Sport Season 11 Division 4 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    only the first line :)
    incey likes this.
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Shhhh! ;)
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Just a quick question I was a sub and havent seen any different is that still the case ?
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    No, according to the OP you are now the 16th entrant.
    DeanK likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you have a full time drive!
    Matthyus and Steve Neilson like this.
  6. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    On the big coin now !
    DeanK and Matthyus like this.
  7. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    nice thank you
    very excited first season and hopefully not my last
    gtkingx and Steve Neilson like this.
  8. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    It's only your last if you don't turn up mate! But looking forward to seeing you on track!
    DeanK likes this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    We have a reserve... Is anyone unable to make it tonight?
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    d_karki - 46.12.644
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    d_karki - 1.37.741
    pat65, Xtr3meNZer and Hatfield like this.
  11. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    What a great night of racing last night. Car felt good, fuel saving was working, enjoyed the race.

Kicking off qualifying with some pretty average times, I knew I had my work cut out for me. Doing my best to keep calm and collected, I drove on and fuel and tyre saved. Unfortunately I had Under Study touch the grass on the outside at the top of the esses and didn't ghost. I did my best to avoid him, but alas we connected and that put me a back a bit. Luckily this was only very early on, and I didn't lose too many positions.

Feccles and I pretty much stuck together this whole race, pitting lap 10 and 20 leaving a last quick push at the end. 3 laps to go and I managed to get past Feccles to gain P2. Pat was 3-4 seconds ahead, so pushing as hard as I could to catch him, and defending Feccles I managed to bring it back down to 1.7 seconds (But Pat said he was taking it easy the last few laps... ;) )

A very enjoyable night, clean racing from where I was positioned throughout the race. Bring on next week at Monza.
    pat65, Apex_64, Bluemoon and 3 others like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  13. D_Razor56

D_Razor56 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Diongoudie56
    Hey guys sorry I missed last night my bloody dynamic TV was playing up... I will be able to make every other race...
    Thanks ks
    Xtr3meNZer, Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  14. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Good to be back racing.
    Spent most of the night in a battle with Moon ,which is always great, the highlight being the middle of the race, where Unders joined in and made it a great 3 way battle for whatever that position it was we were fighting over.
    Awesome stuff guys,

Cheers
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That wasn't too bad, got a pb in qually which put me on pole. liked that. depsite comments from the peanut gallery i had heaps of gap to the guy in front and in fact when i caught him i backed out of the second lap. so hotlap qually for me. from the start it was help pat fuel save and i'm happy to report he saved 40% of his fuel. actually no iam not coz he came out of stop one with a gain of 7 seconds. I had pretty much made that back over the next 7 laps or so then f'ed up the chicance trying to be careful...shoulda just gone hard at it...anyway this put me in vardz reach after the next stops and i couldn't get past the old cagey warrior. a couple of fuel misers had got up the front towards pat so i had to settle for 5th. was good to lead for awhile and good to hold fl for awhile too. only lost it to extremernzerer by .002 late in the race. was really happy to back up the qually with a heap of 1.37s for the first 2/3 of the race. wd to the podium, esp the legit fuel savers....not you pat hahahhaha
    pat65, emmo46, UrsineSaturn9 and 5 others like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Wow! Pat fuel saving? Never thought I'd see that!
    pat65 and Ozglenn like this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    9 laps on Inceys back bumper getting towed along with slipstream these things create... was genius I say... Nobody is going to want to lead at Monza...
    pat65, Xtr3meNZer and emmo46 like this.
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't think I will have to worry about the downside of leading.
  19. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    A nice start to the new season.
    I wasn't feeling very confident before the race. My pre-race times were average and I was worried about my excessive fuel usage.
    I was a bit surprised to qualify second with a low 36 but I think slip steam may have assisted me (thanks @Ozglenn).
    My only plan for the race was to not run out of fuel before the end of lap 9.
    On the first lap I sat behind @ncey to sus out his pace and as time went by I realised we were pulling away from P3.
    Suddenly I had a strategy and did not put any pressure on Incey as we pulled further ahead from the pack. Short shifting my way to massive fuel savings.
    We both pitted on lap 9 and I still had 30% fuel left and also decided to top up to only 85%. This gave me quite a large lead out of the pits and I stuck to the same the same driving style> Incey was catching near the end of stint 2 but I increased my pace enough to keep him out of the slip stream until his chicane of death incident.
    Pitted again on lap 18 and added 85% fuel. I had over 6 seconds lead and just continued to drive at a safe pace.
    @Xtr3meNZer was catching me towards the end but I had been monitoring the catch up rate an knew he would run out of laps as long as I didn't have any incidents.
    I have bad memories going way back to season 1 in the Porsche where I crashed at the chicane whilst holding a commanding lead.
    Although I wasn't involved in any exciting battles, it was nice to get the win without taking any risk.
    If fact my fastest lap was achieved whilst short shifting behind Incey.
    incey, Pubs16, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Nicely played! :thumbsup:
    Easyprey007 and Xtr3meNZer like this.