GT-Sport [Cancelled] 2020 RaceOnOz World Endurance Tour (W.E.T)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 6, 2020.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Race recap

thnk u
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    G29 finally starting to show signs of being old and overused, tempremental inputs cost me any hope of a fun race. Well done podium
  3. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    It was a case of slow and steady for me at the start. As I knew there were going to be quite a few casualties over the race. Slowly but surely I made my way up the field as others made mistakes. I was feeling pretty stable and had a good tussle with littleblacko for while. Me and him seemed to have very similar pace. Was a lot of fun. Then a restart. I got eaten alive at the restart. Lost a few positions and had to re-focus.

Had a really good stint after that though and was feeling really comforatable with the car and again slowly worked my way up again as others made mistakes. Just before another restart I had found myself in 6th or 7th just behind norm and razor. I would have been super happy to finish right then and there because that was the end of my dream run.

With the restart I got put out to dry again, badly placing my car and being cautious around everyone. I lost my rhythm it had seemed and i never really recovered. (Cold tires maybe with the restarts?) Made some silly errors and was last or 2nd last for a bit. Tried to make one pitstop work but the tires did not like it at all. Was hunting speedytires down while stigs was hunting me down with fresher tires. With roughly 10 laps to go I was right on speedytires but made a grave error and smashed into the wall for the first time in the race. Ironically I didn't get a restart to save my race. That was basically my race. Had some potential but flopped like a soggy piece of bread at the end. I did have some good clean batlles along the way. So thanks all for that.

Big congrats to Keeds, jono and seth for getting onto the podium. Top effort.
    ps can we give an award to captain risky for sticking in there? Looks like you had a rough night too.
  4. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    With red flags you’re either on the side which gets screwed or the side which reaps the benefits. Thankfully in my case I was the latter in both circumstances after having damage twice through no fault of my own.

It was a busy first outing with the Subaru, P5 that I’ll happily take. At the start of the stint and throughout the middle the car was super consistent and had some decent pace about it, but with worn tyres, it’s dreadful.

Even though I’m on a controller, I developed a strange cramp in my left hamstring for 3/4 of the race as well as a kink in my neck; these made it hard to focus, but hey you’ve gotta push through.

Well done to the podium finishers, mighty drives.
    Also it was fantastic to see a full grid too, kudos to everyone who participated
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Sometimes you just have to play the cards you're dealt. Having seen the race pace times of certain other cars previously, I knew I had my work cut out for me and that even a top 5 finish would be no easy feat. The Mustang didn't run a single 19 for me in race or practice before hand. That's not to say there weren't others struggling more, but not ideal considering the cars around me.

That said I made a strong start keeping touch with the leading 3 and saving massive amounts of fuel (Mustang strong point). First restart was a massive annoyance to kill any rhythm that early. Made another strong start, at the same time planning for the stints ahead. Lost touch to @MINT_GTR and the leading 2 and focusing instead on @Noremac behind with @seth123 coming like a rocket ship from down the grid. Peeled in for my first stop P5 after Seth stormed past both of us and was met at my very first corner by @SpeedyTyres who made a desperate lunge and left me off the track with damage. (No hard feelings mate, great to see you stuck around and learnt a lot). I came in that lap and found myself down towards P9 behind @razor4797 who had a quick car but had found himself unlucky.
    The second restart was quite a blessing in disguise for myself and Razor. I had jumped him a lap or two previous and we had pace but too far off anyone to matter. Off the restart I managed to go around the outside of team mate @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @Noxrai whilst Razor followed me into T2. That was my highlight of the race. From there I found my way back to P5 behind a struggling Matt who found the wall at Corkscrew and eventually, the exit button when his wheel failed again. This left me P4 before the stops with Razor and Norm very close for comfort. Razor managed to undercut the both of us and hold P4 (P3 when Seth had to pit late in the race). With only 8 laps to go I dove down the inside of Razor claiming P3 until I was left gobsmacked by the pace of Seth's F Type and settled for P4. Very very happy considering the circumstances and to have absolutely zero mistakes was the cherry on top for me. Massive congrats to Keeden for a flawless drive as well, Untouchable all night despite the chaos.

Keen as to go to one of my favourite tracks and the home of Speed, Monza!
    StigsTC, razor4797, Noxrai and 2 others like this.
  6. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    My leg is ok, phew
    Viperzed likes this.
  7. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Race recap

Yes we did a race
    bluexephos22 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Foot locker
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    New Red Flag Regulations for Round 3 onwards:

Red Flags:
    Should the room crash during the race, or there are multiple disconnections in quick succession e.g: 2 or more in a 2 lap window (track dependant) there will be multiple methods for resumption. The race will be resumed in the order the lap prior to which the race was stopped. Lapped cars will not get their lap back, Those who disconnect must rejoin as soon as possible but if they are the only disconnection, the race will not be restarted after 30 minutes of racing.
    bluexephos22, seth123 and StigsTC like this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Nissan Patrol with Victorian registration, but what it say
    [​IMG]
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    JON MAD

JON MAD
    JonoStan96, Noxrai and seth123 like this.
  12. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Roll on Monza!

[​IMG]
    Viperzed, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Actually rolls into the door of 5 other race cars like a boss* aha unless?
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Race Summary:
    Qualified ok
    Started bad
    Raced in traffic bad
    Restarted ok
    Still bad in traffic
    Pace in clean air good
    Internet bad
    Re-restarted bad-er
    Drove bad-er-est
    Then at lap 27 everything was suddenly good.
    Fastest lap was very good.

@SpeedyTyres you put on a great drive to have us running along like that for over 20 laps, catching the car ahead while keeping someone behind isn't easy at all, well done mate, looking forward to seeing you on track again.
  15. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Sizzle lap mate. Was hectic watching my gap to you melt away every lap.

(Side note: woohoo 1000th post!)
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Were you just pitting for lap times in the end?
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    No, I was going flat out to try catch anyone and everyone I could. When I restarted 12th I always intended to 2 stop to buy clean air so I could drive my pace. Lap 49 was 2/3 race distance. Only trouble was I binned it twice in the first 15 laps and was over a minute down when I could actually manage to stay on the black bit.

Edit: Massive respect to @CaptainRisky21 for simply refusing to give in and finishing a brutal race.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    CaptainRisky21 and seth123 like this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Damn stiggy I was hoping you were to justify my FL, I ended up 2 stopping the last leg of the event too

Not on purpose I just am a noob with GT sport
    StigsTC likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hi all,
    Roadster 2hr event will go live tomorrow via a seperate thread. Open to all GT3 drivers and fellow ROOZ members. A more compressed handicap system will be utilised in order to not make S class drivers completely uncompetitive in this very easy to drive car.
    Also updated the OP with new regulations in regards to red flags, room resets, BOP checks and livery rules, please be sure to read through them.

Links to the recommended RaceOnOz decals and numberboards have been added. No excuses now!

Rage quits and failures to submit a qualifying time will now incur an instant one grade drop in attendance rating. I’m not chasing after you anymore. It’s as simple as pressing the share button and sending a picture. I don’t care if you’ve qualified on pole or 4 seconds off the pace, you must submit your qualifying lap in order to be eligible to start the race. Same goes for BOP checks, I will be much more stringent on infringements post race but it is up to you to open your eyes and see if your power and weight matches.

Please read through the changes made to the OP. Or not and get disqualified after 3 hours of sweaty racing, up to you.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID