GT Sport Season 11 Division 5 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Round 1 results:
    Quali:
    [​IMG]

Race:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *Note: Rebort79 should be classified as 15th and Hatzvegas at 16th as Rebort disconnected on lap 12 and Hatzvegas disconnected on lap 8.

Fastest Laps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rebort79: 1:39.398
    Hatzvegas: 1:41.644
    ControllaGod, Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Morning everyone.
    I was speaking to @Aza2672 last night and he was mentioned that a few of you were looking for other races to join. I run a small league bi-weekly on a Thursday called the Supercars Next Generation Series. It is a BOP series with handicapping to give everyone a chance. Their are spots available in the NextGenTwo division atm and team owners are sometimes looking for drivers to fill in for their team.

Have a look at;
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/supercars-next-generation-series.3963/

You will find all the info and rules about the series at the above thread. If you have any questions, please ask on the Supercars thread as to not hijack this thread.

Cheers.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  3. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Yeah bloody internet was dropping last night
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    That Sux hope it is better for you next week..
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Have heard there may be some div 5 guys which would like to come over and do so other racing. I'll take anyone that wants to be in my team for the Super Cars Next Gen and have you all set up for the next gen two room. We can have some training nights etc also and I'll help with any tips I can. Give me a PM if you're interested :)

Thread found here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/supercars-next-generation-series.3963/

This is the sexy livery lol
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Easyprey007, Matthyus and Kieran_B33 like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Monza - 25 Laps - 17:00 Sunny - 26/4
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful cutting T1-2, T4-5 & T8-10. Running wide on the exit of T10 past the white line is ALLOWED. Running wide on exit of T11 past the white line is NOT ALLOWED. Crossing 4 wheels over the white line on the right hand side of the straight is NOT ALLOWED.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed. IF YOUR CONTACT CAUSES ANOTHER DRIVER TO RESET, YOU MUST WAIT FOR THEM AND REDRESS.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Easy here, no excuses
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight. NO CUTTING the exit line AT ALL. ALL 4 WHEELS INSIDE THE LANE PLEASE.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  8. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Quali:
    [​IMG]
    Race:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lap times:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Finally got my first win since the GT6 days.

After a mediocre showing at round 1 i knuckled down for this round.

Quali was pretty poor considering my PB was a 47.1 I only managed a mid 48 as i made a mistake coming out of turn 2 on my 2nd lap putting some wheels in the gravel, despite my poor personal result i still managed 3rd on the grid.

Start of the race Web made a nice move into T1 which put me in 4th but the top 4 pulled away quite fast from the rest of the field. Despite not being able to find a way past Web for a few laps, until he made a mistake, i received a nice tow which saved me a lot of fuel and was able to stop a lot later for my first pit stop and basically allowed me to win in the pits. Came out after stop one about 2 seconds behind Slarty but managed to eventually catch up and pass due to the overcut on fresher tyres. We both made our last stop on the same lap but as i had more fuel going into the pits it gave me a big advantage as i didnt have to wait as long to refuel which gave me roughly a 10 second advantage for the remainder of the race.
  10. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    That was some solid driving. After the 1st pit stop I couldn’t catch you, just needed to get close enough for the slip stream. Congrats mate
  11. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Nice work and congrats on your win! Fuel saving in this series is so important, and that showed in your last pit stop. Congrats
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. bowie

bowie New Recruit

PSN ID
    sighmehpffff
    Gaaah I was excited after qualifying mid field, I was settling in with the first couple of laps where, well I thought it was an opportunity at turn 1.. :oops: Turns out the gap wasn't as big as I thought and it spun me around.

After that I was playing catch up, and with the red mist a few more mistakes had me spun watching everyone go by.

Still, an improvement working back a few positions..

Sorry to those I scared at Turn 1, I'll work at being patient..
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  14. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    I'm just here to make numbers!

Qualified at the back and stayed there. Kept out of the way as I got lapped by the leader.
    ControllaGod likes this.
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Xtr3meNZer and Tony4Fingerz like this.
  16. Tony4Fingerz

Tony4Fingerz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    TonyFourFingerz
    Hahaha and I had two big offs as well.... to be honest I think I got lucky with few others going off as well :whistling:
    Matthyus likes this.
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Good hard race...qualified mid field, stayed there most of the race. Glad I had enough practise in to know where I had to sit with fuel/ tyres. @webnomad and @fezza were almost still in touch after my 2nd pit...but they slowly walked away from 2 seconds to 5. Interesting trying to decipher race position with everyone varying by a few laps - when i saw a pit at lap 6 i realised i didn't test doing a 3 stop!

Looking forward to next round!
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 29 Laps - 09:30 Cloudy - 3/5 (Renault Sport Heritage Livery Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful cutting T8-9. There is a white line followed by blue coloured tarmac then another white line and the ripple strip. The track limits are the ripple strips, and if no ripple strip, then it is the second white line on track edge.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

HERITAGE ROUND: This round is the Renault Sport Heritage Livery Round, so show off your personal or teams classic Renault liveries!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
  19. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I noticed also this week, after the update, when the room setting is set to "Zero fuel use" while in qualifying, this is reflected in the lobby while practice is on (ie - putting laps down while waiting for everyone to show up etc) - the way around this, is to change the fuel usage during qualifying to "Same as race", and reset the room (say with turning the visual damage on) - and then just before the qualifying goes live, change it back to no fuel use, and reset the room again.

I noticed @Max Gassit jumped in our lobby to check if the room wasn't using fuel in practice, and this would be why...

Personally, I would prefer to practice with the fuel usage on - but ultimately it's up to the room host :)
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You trying out in D5 this week xtreme? :rolleyes::p