DIVISION 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    [​IMG]

I00R on the map is the correct pit entrance
    90R on the map or cones/witches hats is not and time can be gained.

I think that anyone caught pitting in at 90R should be given a 10-15 sec penalty.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=294">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=294</a><!-- l -->
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yup I was was just looking for that thread, as per what Darko said "100r" is the entrance and is easy to spot. All divs should run the same rules.
    Race is 54 laps, see ya's tomorrow.
  3. BadarZ

BadarZ New Recruit

Looks like my ISP decided to do some maintenance exactly around race time. Bugger to have all that practice go to waste.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea that suxs Badz, it was kinda lonley out there with only 5 of us. I held off the race start as long as I could. I think at this stage div 3 can only count on 6 a week, possible 7 if doug gets his PS3 fixed. The rest are out.
    I think we can handle 12-14 in a room if div 4 has 6-7 regulars.

Results (pending replay check)
    TekNique :mrgreen:
    Stu
    Rico
    Gary
    Mad mick
    Badz (Connection issues awarded 6th)

BTW you dont need to worry about lapped traffic u go see thru and can drive through each other Mick.

I wanted to stop Rico's run of fastest laps so I pushed on my second set of tyres and got a 1:03.5xx on lap 40, need to check the replay to see if it was enough ( i wish you could fast forward it :rolleyes: )
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good stuff Tek, that's a nice lap, up there with the Div1 fastest race laps.
  6. MadMick1971

MadMick1971 New Recruit

Yeah I know you go see thru if you are about to be lapped :) I just was being courteous to everyone and pulling off the racing line so I didn't distract anyone. My race was over before it began, I didn't do any practice and we got a new floor mat for the lounge room this week that I didn't realise until tonight gave absolutely no grip to the floor pedals of my DFGT (yeah the spikes were deployed :) ) so basically was having to try and readjust their position every half lap or so. Going to have to figure out a new plan for the pedals this week.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good run last night Tek, too fast for me!!

Had a slow start, dropped back to 5th (love a burnout at the start) but got mick at turn 3 while he was chasing his wheel around on the lino, then chased down Gary and rico with a lot of consistant laps.....couldnt break into the 3s though

Took the lead briefly when you went into the pit, but knew there was nothing really i could do, so pitted on lap 34, came out 3rd and chased down rico again and got past with about with about 10 to go, best being a 1.04.006 from memory

Happy with another podium, even if it was a distant 2nd!!

was a lonely race with only 5 of us.....hopefully more next time or merge divisions 3 and 4.

Cheers
    Stu
  8. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I hate coming on here and reading about the races and not being able to be in them haha.
    I was hoping to make it last night. My friend had left his ps3 here all week but he came around and picked it up yesterday afternoon. Was spewin' haha. But i have ordered a drive. I'm hoping it will get here this week.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

yea we really could use you doug, you proved to be good competition 1st race. Div 3 has fared pretty badly from the whole PSN hack, down to 6 regulars.

I would like to test a merge with div 4, at the same time I dont know how the scoring would work and it could be hurtful to peoples current standings.

BTW who ever does the wiki (I dont have the pass for it) Just a slight mistake Gary got 4th last race not 8th....would of been nice to have 8 ppl ;)
    /cheers
    Full results and lap times tonight after I watch the replay......

Cheers Stu, once I got a flow going I felt alot better compared to last week. I was sorta using my throttle to steer, just before the apex Id give it a squirt of gas in 1st gear. Id then briefly get of the gas and short shift it into second, then give it as much gas as it could handle without losing grip. The squirt in 1st gear was good for getting the back end around the tight hairpins.

I got of the line poorly too (slight penalty) and dropped back to 3rd, it was tight turn one and I went around the outside, I managed to hold it together and we went 3 wide through the slight S. I had the inside line for the 2nd hairpin though and gaz got out on the marbles :p.

From there Rico actually closed the gap to under a second lap 3 odd, leading me to go defensive down the back straight. I didnt want to give him one inch of draft :twisted: I eventually got away and he had an off I think.
    The gap back to you dropped when I went off into the kitty litter on lap 18 odd. From there I started thinking "am I gonna pit or not? Is anyone else going for a no stopper?"

Decided to go in lap 30 and u stayed out taking a 6 sec odd lead, at that point I thought u would stay out but I knew you couldnt hold me off with fresh tyres :) as I was cutting the gap by around a second a lap. Then you went in. You kept the gap tight the last stint though, I couldnt really increase it. I did coast the last turn and the finish line though.
  10. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey tek,
    i would say after this round that a merge is the best thing to keep the interest there.
    ill need to work out what to do with the points system though.
    aza and tek can you guys liase with each other to find the best host?
  11. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    ooooo merge yuk.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I like the idea of a merge purely to fill up the grid, but can also see problems if someones race is ruined by someone from "the other" division.....perhaps it might be cleaner to stay in our divisions and "suck it up till season 4??

We also might have a couple of others back to help fill a few spots, so that will help....

Thoughts?
  13. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Tek anyone can update the wiki, but we have made it admin only for updates as we kept getting spam bots overwriting the wiki with crap about cheap online drugs. So if anyone wants access just create and account then let me know and I will make you admin.
  14. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey stu,
    ultimately with only 6 racers and the likely hood of there being weeks where 1 or 2 cant make it id say most people would prefer a bigger grid .
    i think the divisions are fairly even anyway.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Sorry didnt get to watch the replay last night, will watch it today and post times ect ....

RE: Merge I guess it ultimatly comes down to div 4 since they have more numbers and we would be essentially be merging with them. Im not worried about our positions more theres as they might be battling for possies. With 3 races left in the season it might be polite to sux it up as Stu says and wait till next season when all players are spread evenly through the divisions.

I would like Divs 4 honest opinion.........

Apparently its week off this week so we got time to think about it
    "As it's a long weekend this weekend (except for WA) we will not be racing the Sunday competition this weekend (Sunday June 12th).

This allows everyone who is traveling to not worry about compromising their position in the championship.

Racing will resume at laguna seca on June 19th. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=407">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=407</a><!-- l -->
  16. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Hey tek I'll have a word with the other guys in Div 4 to see what they think but I did mention it to a few of the guys that we were thinking of merging and they didn't sound very keen but also said if we have to merge we have to merge I'll post on the forum and get some idea of what they all think about the idea and get back to you as carn said both divisions are pretty evenly matched I'll let you know mate
  17. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey aza and tek ill leave it with you guys,

Tek New user RS172 to be added to div 3, ive asked him to add you
    He was in div 3 at start of the season but had to pull out but is now ready to race again, also dougz may be back as well.
    its up to you guys and ill leave it with you 2.

thanks
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

cool carns sounds good.

Official results with best laps
    1 TekNique 1:03.562*
    2 Stu 1:04.015
    3 Rico 1:03.739
    4 Gary 1:04.766
    5 Mick 1:05.537
    6 Badarz "no time connection issues"

Wasnt far off getting the fastest lap for a 4th time Rico.
  19. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Thanks tek for sitting through that replay. I'm surprised my streak lasted that long.

As for the merge, I think it would be better if we just suck it up til season 4.
  20. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I dont mind if we merge or not. Pretty sure im out of the running for a top spot in points. So if we merge it'll just make the racing better. But i can see why some people dont want to. I'm happy either way.

And good news guys. My drive showed up this morning, i've just swapped them over and it works :). So i'll be back next round. Glad we have a week off so i can practice. It's been so long.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.