ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 6 Silverstone 90 minute Enduro.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

as you drove off into the distance :cry:
    :p
    andyo450 likes this.
  2. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Maybe not quite 6 tenths in the first stint :D. Didn’t want to lose p2 to kcender so I was going a bit harder.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats where I thought tyre wear was pretty cool, knowing I was probably heavier then most first stint I just tried to get some gap while saving some rubber. Push as hard as possible without sliding, but end of Andy's stint my tyres were considerably worse and the hard earned gap vanished.

Then as I came out a fair way back I went $%^& it I need to push 100% to make up anything on Andy. To my surprise I made more then expected and caught him much sooner then expected. Passing was going to be the next big hurdle but I messed it up and lost half of the gap made. I tried to make another charge back but the tyres said nope, I pushed just as hard but couldnt make any more time up. I thought maybe Andy picked up his pace but it was just mine that dropped off more at the end. Was very cool and those 6 or so laps after my stop were my most fun season laps without a direct battle. More on the limit then my qualy laps and I just hung on but that isnt ideal for end of stint tyres.
    My tip for you would be to not back off as much, your costing yourself a chance to battle and especially there is no need to lift or back off too much exiting a corner. Your going to cost yourself 1 to 2 seconds per straight with that and if you just run your normal line the lapping guys will manage a clean pass.

Even if you enter a corner with no overlap from cars lapping at your normal brake point its ok to just run the corner normally. You should never block or defend under blue flags but if you back off too much your costing your own race and getting yourself in more blue flag situations then you should.

If you want to let people past then best to run a normal line, see if the car behind is picking a lane and give it to them. Never lift early if a car is directly behind as they may be trying to sneak a little draft from you. :p Its tricky when there is a big group battling coming up but at your normal race pace it would be easier to manage then when going 3/4 throttle from the exit of a corner.
    andyo450 likes this.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

No wakkas mate, just pointing it out as an example of what not to do. Awareness only comes with experience. I didn't see what caused that 2nd incident, I just had to guess which way your car was going to grip whilst spinning - a real 50/50 on that one.

Like the others, I was pretty off on qualli pace. Seems tyre pressures are pretty critical around here. In practice I worked on getting my race setup pressures to not overheat and in the first stint it worked pretty well. I was hounding @Daniel Benefield until the incident detailed above just before the stops. I had my pressures set to increase by a few psi tenths, which I fuddled with before the stop, but whatever I did went wrong - after the stops my fronts were sizzling. I also missed the pitbox in the stop.

The last dozen or so laps were a @Godzilla / @Rolz enema. Godz was definitely faster and even got pretty close to side-on in bits but just managed to hold on for 5th. Thankfully we were in the same car with the same power characteristics, making it difficult to pass.

Also, hot-tip, don't run #1 brake pads on enduros!
  5. kuda

kuda Rookie

@marty we need those constructor championship points, time to help out your Porsche brüders ;)
    andyo450 and marty like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As the Nissan guys are already in some "friendly talks" I think I will start a Porsche drivers chat so we can all help each other out a little to the end of the season. :)
    kuda likes this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Really good fun race for me, off the outright pace but great battles throughout and the Lambo felt really good for a change
    Trying to not let @Rolz past while hoping to find a way past @tezpez85 for most of the second half was some of the most fun ive had in a while, really close racing.

Some great battles earlier as well with a couple of Aston's, Medved and Shane I believe
    Dan Medved, Rolz, tezpez85 and 2 others like this.