Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 4

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Apr 18, 2020.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I'm loving this rally championship despite being nowhere. Would like to see hardcore damage on though - I'd like to get a rough idea of how careful real rally drivers need to be.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, I just did an event in another club with hardcore damage on and although my engine was damaged for 3 of the 6 stages it was still great fun and makes me want to try harder to not break the car next time
    tezpez85, Anthonyb and v8power383 like this.
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Man that we good fun and I was even close to KoAStR's insane pace on 2 of the stages but binned it on the other 2 so still finished 46 seconds behind
    @KoAStR you are in a league of your own mate well done that's a cracking pace you set on each stage mate well done
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers mate saw that, solid effort well done to you too. I added a 3-point turn to stages 2 & 3 cost me a few seconds.. :confused::roflmao:
    v8power383, George and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Super quick mate hope I can get close to your pace soon. Nice to have something to aim for:thumbsup:
    v8power383, KoAStR and George like this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Wow! Thought I was doing okay as managed to get through all 4 stages without any major off's or damage, but damn you guys are quick! Provisional P9 for now a good 4 minutes behind the leader! :alien:
    v8power383 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Wowee!! Had a pretty good run in the first two stages, after a quick TT practice. Wasn’t sure about exiting for more prac after seeing a few people mention accidentally quitting, so forged ahead with the next two stages.

All went well until I thought I knew better than the co-driver, and went to turn left instead of right, tagged the rear on a post and copped a rear puncture. :mad: Dammit. Limped home on stage 3 and then straight into stage 4.

Probably should have waited a bit as my frustration from the end of the last stage carried over and I ended up touring the trees. :whistling:Figured out my recover button after a while and then back onto trying to not bin it again.

Heaps of fun, so much concentration required. No idea how some of you are going so damn fast. Absolute madness.
  8. tezpez85

Just a heads up that to enable 'soft lock', where the amount of wheel rotation resembles the real life car, you actually have to calibrate your wheel for it (at least I had to to turn on soft lock). If you go options > inputs, hover over the wheel and then there's a button on that screen down the bottom right which says 'device options' or something similar.

Also I finished the most recent event only because Arcade Mode is on, I would have been killed 10 times over IRL
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    UrsineSaturn9, KoAStR and Kieran_B33 like this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Do you need to calibrate each time or just once? I find for manually setting DOR I need to do it each time I start the game. Easy to do, just need to remember
  10. tezpez85

Dunno, I only saw that setting yesterday, I'll check and firm that up on the next round of stages.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Just once for soft lock ;)
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Would you guys like any of the results posted here as tables / images or are we all happy to log into the codemasters club page linked in the OP to see results?
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    A screenshot in here is not a bad idea
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ok cool that's what I was thinking. Couple of options let me know what's preferred. We can capture just final standings per event (short version) or I can fairly quickly copy each event into excel we and sort to show results for each stage in a single table (long version).

Here's examples from Event 1 of this series.

Short version:
    [​IMG]

Long version:
    [​IMG]

Preferences?
    Other options
    Could also replace EVENT POS. BY STAGE (i.e. cummulative time pos) with STAGE POS. if preferred.
    Could layout stages horizontally with a single row for each driver
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Wow! That graph is awesome, but maybe too much work? The simple screenshot is fine by me. K-I-S-S
    v8power383 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that is awesome! I hope it's copy pastable data lol
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks yea all copy pasted from the dirt rally clubs page. Now that it's setup only takes a few minutes update with new results.
    Here's one for the last championship http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...atform-championship-3.4026/page-3#post-208604
    If it all gets too hard can always go back to just a screen shot.....
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I would prefer this more than the other one. Looks good.
    KoAStR likes this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Tried out the calibration / soft lock thingy tonight and just left the wheel at the default 1080 and seemed to go okay in the V8 Vantage, not that you want too much steering angle in that RWD beast anyway as do half the steering with the accelerator! Didn't really get to full lock in any situation, but steering felt fine. Maybe it was just the mini that felt like it took forever to turn, although maybe I should try again now that wheel is calibrated (and soft lock on). Is there a particular car I should test that naturally has a low DOR?