GT Sport Season 11 Division 4 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Land Speed record needed breaking, Soz :D
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  2. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    As the Enduro round goes for 1.5 hrs (90mins), I do like to start these a little earlier.
    Please advise if you can make a 8PM AEST RACE start (750 Qually)

1. @@Ozglenn - not racing
    2. @@VARDZ
    3. @@Matthyus
    4. @@pat65
    5. @@incey
    6. @@Xtr3meNZer
    7. @@Steve Neilson
    8. @@Chatwin
    9. @@T F Eccles
    10. @@arakasi-
    11. @@Bluemoon - not racing
    12. @@JustTheAtom - not racing
    13. @@tooheys82 - Hasn't raced
    14. @@Watto64
    15. @@D_Razor56
    16. @@DeanK
    17. @@THE_UNDER_STUDY (reserve)
    18. @@LUUROX_22 (reserve) - Hasn't raced
    19. @@Easyprey007 (reserve)
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Xtr3meNZer and Steve Neilson like this.
  3. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yes, early start.
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Early is fine.
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    SUPER B TEAM ROUND 2
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Barcelona-Catalunya - 51 Laps - 16:30 Sunny - 10/5 (Endurance Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)
    STARTING EARLY : If your division wants to start early, if will be up to room captains/hosts to organise this through the week. This needs 100% majority to have an early start. If anyone replies that they want the normal start time, then this is what happens. However if someone does not reply, then you can take that as they will not be racing and move the start earlier.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Red and white striped ripple strips are considered track. So is green and white striped ripple strips, and red/white striped sausage kerbs. BUT THE GREEN ASTRO TURF IS OUTSIDE TRACK LIMITS. Please be careful cutting and running wide using these green astro turf sections that you keep 2 wheels on track using the above guidelines.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. If we were to follow the pit entry lines, we risk a following driver spinning out the driver in front if they slow to pit, so you may cut the entry line and striped area.
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight. Same rules from Monza will apply. DO NOT CUT THE EXIT LINE AT ALL. KEEP ALL 4 WHEELS INSIDE THE LANE PLEASE.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

ENDURANCE ROUND: This round will be twice as long as normal. We recommend getting a bathroom break done before qualifying or you might need to make a longer pitstop during the race.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    early start is ok with me
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

All good for earlier start
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Happy to start earlier.
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Earlier start is fine with me
    Matthyus likes this.
  11. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Count me out this week ...can't do an early start and I would be to stuffed anyway .........Good luck All
  12. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    So after two attempted practice sessions I have confirmed I am crap at Barcelona. Couldn't string 5 clean laps together and my observation of others from our div show I'm 1 to 1.5 secs off the pace. That'll add up to over minute by the time you add in stops, possibly 10 of them.

As much as I'm in favour of an early start, right now I'm 60:40 against starting at all this week.
    Matthyus likes this.
  13. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah, I feel this week is going to be more of a mission to complete rather than an enjoyable night lol
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    100% agree.
    I almost would like the track changed to something that flows with this car. This track is soooo slow compared to Kyoto..
    I was at least 2s behind Vardz on Monday..
    The car barely got out of 4th..
  15. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Eh, the track is what it is, and we all have to endure the night (get it, GET IT??) :rolleyes:
  16. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I gave up long ago.
  17. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Happy to start earlier, 10 minute head start should do. Thanks.
    gtkingx, Ozglenn, Easyprey007 and 3 others like this.
  18. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

How close is your championship atm. Looks good.
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    After watching a couple of track guides by Youtubers I got back on track tonight and finally manage to find a groove. Was able to string together stints without any offs and maintaining OK pace. I'm now 60:40 for starting.
    Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  20. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Any links mate?