PC Off the shelf PC options?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Travis, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Travis

Travis New Recruit

Hi,
    I'm looking at upgrading from a PS4 to a PC.
    I have little to no knowledge on PC's or building my own setup.
    Just wondering if anyone could recommend an off the shelf setup to begin with that will allow for future upgrades such as triple screens?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Budget?
  3. Travis

Travis New Recruit

Hi beakeroo,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I don't have a massive budget. I can afford anywhere from $1000-2000.
    Thanks!
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Trav by off the shelf do you mean a branded system? Bare in mind that branded systems typically offer lower value for money.

Or are you happy to consider individual component selection and just have a shop assemble it for you? If so, there is heaps of info in this thread that should suit your budget too: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pc-building-spec-check.153/
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    For $2k you'll get a really good PC that will more than do the job. I built a PC a few months back that cost me $2k, that same build will probably cost $150 less now due to prices constantly dropping.
    I built myself, it isn't hard and there are plenty of people here to help you along the process.

I used a 3700x CPU which is possibly a little bit of overkill and a RTX 2070 Super GPU both of which have dropped a bit in price. The GPU can run iRacing or ACC in triple screens but I opted for an ultrawidescreen myself (expensive but it's nice)

Here's a very similar build to my own but using some slightly cheaper components and less bells and whistles but a lot less $$ and built and sent to you by a trusted seller on ozbargain.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/526668
  6. Travis

Travis New Recruit

Hi KoAStR and beakeroo,
    Yes I guess I ment a branded system where I could just plug it in and play.
    I'm a little intimidated about building a system myself, but I hadn't thought about what you mentioned in buying the necessary components and having a shop assemble it for me.
    I guess having little knowledge on PC's I'm interested in how others have gone about setting up a system.

Thanks for the link beakeroo I'll have a look at that!
    Thanks for the help guys!
    beakeroo likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Don't worry about branded systems, if you want to just plug and play then buy a preassembled setup like I posted. Those guys are the cheapest around on ozbargain right now but I heard that they are a bit slow right now due to the coronavirus. Building a PC isn't difficult though, the hardest part is picking what you want and need. There's a great site though to help you https://pcpartpicker.com/ that lets you pick your parts and most importantly tells you whether they are compatible or not.
    KoAStR likes this.
  8. Kartdude45

Kartdude45 Rookie

Are you sure it would cost less now? the lower supply has pushed the prices up of a lot of GPU's

I've been looking at building one myself but doing some research first.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID