Division 2 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

we get to drop a round? awesome.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Life? What is this you speak of?
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You just wait stiggy, till you get out of school and into the real world then "life" smacks you in the head more than we like to mention !!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts mate !
  4. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Hmmm sounds like I kinda screwed you over there CJ, Sorry.
    I'll have a look at the replay when I'm setup again tomorrow night before mailing the full written apology.

I must admit, I was a touch desperate after my terrible 1st lap (3rd to 11th I think).

As Stu said, some good battling between us for over half the race, just wish you'd pushed harder so we could've caught Joe!
    More apologies to come after a good ol' fashioned replay viewin' !
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Sorry dude, i didnt want have a talent failure, and that was my pace, didnt have any in reserve!!!! I was hoping to follow you around and you would pull us up to Joe, but one or two scraps and the lead stretched out again.......Was great racing with you, sorry for talent failure on about lap 16 or 17 in turn 1......that damn SS got me good and i hit you in the drivers door.... let you go though and resumed the battle....
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID

Lol, so very true.
  7. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    This was an awesome race and i am glad i put the practice in to be at least competitive, but i have a feeling that there would have been great battles anywhere on the track, not just at the front (im looking at you stu and natman :) )

Decent qualy for me, 5th was pretty good and the time was where i expected from a full tank. Took me a few laps to get it right though. made some celebratory stripes down the main straight at the end of the lap.

First few laps got me into 4th place after conservatively making my way around in the pack trying to stay out of trouble on cold tires. Later I snuck into third when joe went wide at turn1. I kept pace with beans and stig and while i think they were naturally quicker their battle allowed me and joe to stay with them and before the end of lap 4 we were right on beans and stig. Was having trouble with the last turn speed and Joe passes me on the straight to take third, but i expected that to happen alot here.

Next lap I passed joe back again and we all go nose to tail headed through the double chicane. Start of lap 6 we are 3 wide headed into t1!. Im on the inside line of 3 wide and i have to make a decision pretty quickly. in the end, i dont think i could make it stick without tears so I brake early and we all get through unscathed. i wonder what joe was hoping for from his view ;)

Stig and beans then go wide at t4 and Em into the lead. While we were all 4 of us close, those 2 had the most constant battle. Its the same 3 wide next lap into t1 again and this time stig wins out and we all make it through without contact again. This was some classy racing :) I was virtually side by side with beans in the chicanes later that lap but very little touching.

Im back to 4th starting lap 9 and stig has gotten himself a mini break. I swap with joe again that lap and then back again onto the main straight as i fail to get the most out of the last turn. Then go in too hot into t1 braking zone and have to keep out wide to avoid hitting joe. This separates me from the top 3. But the fighting continued up front and i was back onto beans in no time drafted him to sneak up the inside at t1 on lap11. It was a nice clean t1 move but i think beans gave it to me. Beans pitted next lap but im too involved in hunting down stig into t1. I dont make it but he goes wide t2, gets it sideways before t3 and im into the lead on lap 12.

Cob is somehow right behind me exiting the pits as we see beans storming past, the undercut having worked a treat for him. my race for the next few laps was keeping thegap to cob growing albeit very slowly and trying to catch beans, albeit very slowly as well. In the end, that was where i stayed once everyone else pitted. a respectable 5th place with some great close racing and some pretty comparable race pace. So im pretty happy from this round.

Before this race id tried to do race distance and always got too loose around lap 17 to think it would be doable. Sure i was driving the nuts off the car but even with more conservative driving I doubted that the tires would make it without risking that snap oversteer. man was i wrong. Joe, i watched your replay and your consistent mid 46's-47's for the remainder of the race was just a brilliant effort. You definitely taught us all a lesson. :) Ill be thinking about strategy a little more form this race on i think.
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Nice write up Dutch!
    As for my view on the entry into T1 on lap 6 - errr i was hoping you would brake early! :)
    but really i was praying for a miracle...and sweating that my tyres would lock up then i would have taken out everybody.
    Actually i had been braking early for the T1 on the earlier laps just pacing myself watching you three slug it out - i guess by lap 6 i just wanted to be abit more involved so dived in - thanks for the good sense to allow it to happen.
    Good racing mate!
  9. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Correct me if im wrong but the 2 guys who were dead last last week got poduims?

must be a close division if thats the case.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    that would be correct carn !
  11. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Going to be lots of follow the leader at Tsukuba!

Stu, can you confirm the number of laps for Monza?
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ummm, no !!!!

Will get on it tonight and work it out.
  13. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Sorry guys met have missed that one lol, it's 23 laps. Updated in track list tread
  14. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I'm so looking forward to the wetrace at Monza!!
  15. AERO_HDT

AERO_HDT New Recruit

LOL fellas, I was dead last this week due to a screwed up pit strategy (i.e. I didn't have one and pitted on L18). I certainly wasn't on the podium last week and was sorely outclassed this time around. Was as high as 4th at one point but then started to get reeled in by a pack of 6-7 cars and thought it was time for fresh rubber.

When I came out on new tyres though, there wasn't a great deal of diff in my lap times...

I forgot how long the damn pit straight is here. Went from 4th to last in a single pitstop and just couldn't make up the placings!

Great race to all though, another week of good fun - good onya Joe! You ain't no tinman after all! :D
  16. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

So, Replay: Indy, 1st corner - 4 cars into one don't go!
    I kept wide in T1, hoping to avoid the inevitable bingle, but N64 got bounced out into me, so no dice.
    CJ - I aimed at keeping Left in T2, ran over the kerb pretty hard, left a car-width on the exit.
    Sorry we clashed but I can't dive out of EVERYONE's way off the start.
    I think our hit was setup by the 3-way in T1. It happens sometimes - I just grit my teeth & start the chase.

I got back to 6th quickly, but just missed the T4 Apex on Lap 4, and had some wild times on the grass - sorry you copped my half-spun carcass Barra!
    The rest has been covered pretty thoroughly.

Stu if I'd known you were basically flat-out I would've done some front-straight swervin' to try'n drop ya !
    (I showed as 2nd over the line for a moment! Then I think the game network updated & back to 3rd. D'oh!)

Tsukuba. uuuuggghhh.. . . So very, very hard to pass :-(
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Sorry fellas, I'm going to have to indefinitely retire from the series. My PS3 has shat itself. I've uploaded the problem elsewhere on the site. Help would be greatly appreciated.
  18. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    noooo stiggy, don't "retire" - you may get it fixed for at least some races matey!!!
    Btw, i've put a post in your thread - but in addition, a brand new ps3 is now only about 200 ;)
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Scratch that retirement. I'M BACK!
  20. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Shortest lived retirement in history! Glad you got it sorted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.