Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 4

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@Blue XR8 what happened on your last stage?
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    tezpez85, c4rLo5, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I started using controller instead, and finally got my s#!t together as you can see in stage 3 and 4 by being only 25 and 28 secs off the lead instead of my usual few minutes lol
  4. Anthonyb

On controller!!!!!
    You can probably catch the car quicker on controller when it gets away from you
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    with the way my skin is, my hands get sore too quickly playing dirt, because you are constantly correcting, and the force feedback is always going.
    With controller, yes you can catch it quicker and make those tiny adjustments easier.

(incoming self horn tooting)
    TBH I used to be VERY good on keyboard would you believe it lol
    One of my sister-in-laws favorite stories to tell is walking into my room to see me and my brother (her husband) who is 17 years older than me playing colin mcrae rally 2 player lan.
    Me on keyboard, and him on wheel.
    She explains the look of frustration on his face (because I am beating him with one hand on the keyboard and one propping my head up) and she asks "are you having fun?" and he answers with an angry grunt "YES"

shout out to @gominiman for being such a gracious loser in the early days (although he gets his own back at karting now)

Full disclosure, I did have a knack for cutting entire sections of course, through a Forrest, without touching a tree...
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I'll be online tonight from 8pm doing a quick practice run for this week stages and then going for it. Who's keen to join me
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    practice??? you're not doing the stages in the same combo before setting your official time are you?
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah of course I am it helps with knowing if the co driver is a bit late with hairpin turn calls after high speed parts or turning the wrong way.
    give it a go as you should pick up a second or two
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol each to there own, but I treat it differently. You don't get to drive the course first and then attempt the rally as it should be about reacting and making those judgement calls without the benefit of knowing what is coming IMO
    George likes this.
  10. Anthonyb

I just do 3 or 4 shakedown Runs and then go for it
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    By that logic, hardcore damage should be turned back on then ...
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I do zero practise. But this is evident in my times.
    I just rock up and have some fun.
    Controller user too.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm all for it, but the main reason IMO hardcore damage is off, is so that even with major mistakes, we can still have a go at the following stages. We won't be competitive in the times, due to the massive time loss of having to do roadside repairs or limping home in a stage but we can still enjoy the rest of the rally.
    I messed up last week in the first 2, but then was able to have a go at the final 2 even though I still finished way down the order
    c4rLo5 and tezpez85 like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    But why? So much more fun and imersive with a wheel!
  15. Anthonyb

16. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I've sorta changed my mind on this, I agree, at least it lets you finish the rally. Would have been out of a real rally many times over, but I don't think that 'arcade mode' is a detriment because as Hat said, you lose time.
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Got the blue screen saying an error had occurred and had to close the application and at that point I thought we'll that sucks thinking I wouldn't be able to post any times at all but it let me do the 3 I hadn't started so not all was lost I guess
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Anthonyb

I've gotten that blu
    I've gotten that blue screen a couple of times now too. Luckily not in stage only in service area
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    2 seconds in it hoppy!
  20. Anthonyb

Basically 30 sec from second to 6th at the moment. Some close stage times 2 spins in stage 2 hurt me. Shame about stage 1 V8 your other stages are close to Koastr
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.