Division 2 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Looking forward to tonight fella's.
    Can't seem to find what tyre we are to use at Moza nxt week?Anybody point me in the right direction where to look..
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    hey joe, all rounds we are using Sports Mediums (including monza) except for tonight which is sprint round (sports soft)
  3. WAC

PSN ID
    Cheers for that...just want to do alittle testing..
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Just a reminder for anyone who didn't notice. Tonights race will be run on Sports Soft tyres. Not the mediums like previous 2 rounds.
  5. AERO_HDT

AERO_HDT New Recruit

Hi all.

Due to an ill-considered decision to paint the house, it's looking unlikely that I'll be online tonight and may have to miss this week's round. Will try and get some stuff out of the way, but my study is currently a bombshell and I have everything bar the kitchen sink covered in dropsheets.

Have fun if I'm not online, looking forward to see who takes out the race win this week! :)

Kindly,

Sonny
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well that was nasty to say the least. I don't know what i've done to piss off the racing god, but he really, really doesn't like me at the moment.

So anyway, I wasn't confident at all of getting pole, despite having 2 in a row. Beannie pulls a 00.6 out of his arse, and takes his first pole position. Well done! I manage 5th, which was ok I guess. But alas, I discover I cannot see natman, and here begins a tedious chain of connection issues. I reset, and due to the kindness of stumbles and stu, I am allowed 2 extra laps. The first one was a disaster. The second one was much better, I was up by .099 heading to the finish line, but mysteriously lost 6 tenths.

So starting 6th, I get a good getaway, but I get stuck behind grooves, who hasn't moved. Great. I enter the first corner cleanly, albiet slowly. I somehow make up 2 positions though. Heading into the next hairpin, I have a go at Flood, but can't get past. I get a good run on him at the Dunlop bridge. Just as I move to overtake, Flood brakes. And here is where the :):):):) really hits the fan. Instead of merely tapping him, he is whalloped into the gravel. I'm sorry Flood. Being curtious, I wait for him to quickly get back on, praying on not losing many positions. I drop to 8th. For the next 5 laps, I concentrate on overtaking Flood and hopefully recover lost ground. The slipstream is useless, so my only chance of getting past is to rely on a mistake. Which Flood doesn't do, but at the hairpin, I go wide, hoping to get a run onto Dunlop. It works, and I overtake Flood around the outside! TERRIFIC! But that is where my happiness ends. On the back straight, I brake too late, and spin into 9th. In what was a dull and depessing affair, I finish 8th. Not nice. My hopes then turn to the reverse grid race, where I hoped to win. Nothing less would do.

Perplexed by empty grid slots, I lead for the first 3 laps. But at Dunlop, I receive a BULL:):):):) penalty for attacking the kerb, so I'm down to 4th. I follow beannie for another 3 laps before being spun out by cj at turn one. Down into last. I considered a RQ at this stage, but I thought I could salvage it, my pace was good. Cj at least waited for me. After waving me through. After Dunlop, cj again goes up the inside. Knowing there was no point of saving the slide, my race was done. Cj waited again, but I was furious. So, I just wanted to battle on, and hopefully score some points from this disasterous event. But my rage gets the better of me, and I'm monumentally slow. But shortly before being lapped, poof! You have been disconnected from the server. At this point I couldn't give a :):):):) really. The event was a disaster from the moment it began. Sony and PD have a lot to answer for, there is no excuse for disconnections, lag and race ruining collisions. Especially when there were few of these issues in previous weeks. What a joke.

At least my er, 'bad' tracks are gone, Monza is next, I believe, where a win is what I expect. Nothing less. Monza is without doubt my best track, especially when the track is wet. Hopefully I can repeat what happened last month and win by 15 seconds over Div 1 boys!

Well done to all winners of this event, I'm sure you had a lot more fun than I did...

Cheers, Jono
  7. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

soz about the taps n64.. in fairness, on both those, you opened the door with your wide entry, and I got my panel up the inside, before you turned across my path.. as I was the car attempting the pass in both cases, I did the right thing and let you through. If you watch the replay in both turns, I hold my line, and you turn across my nose. If you open up like that going into corners, you gotta expect someone to stick their nose in..

but fair is fair... I was the car passing, so its my job to try and do it cleanly.. so i'll cop you're rage.. very sorry mate.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Nah no worries cj, I have copped crap for my very wide entry into bends before, and come to think of it were hard done by. It was a very off night for me, i've calmed down now a bit. Congrats on winning the first race btw.
  9. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    what an epic race! i loved both equally and both were equally as challenging. great stuff CJ for overtaking and then holding me off to take 1st place in the 1st race. And great stuff with natman floodsim cobmccool and groover for the first 15 laps!!! that was epic racing right there.
    i think i only won the 2nd race due to natman and cob having a biff and allowed me through....
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You won beannie? Oh FFS! Things keep getting worse....
    Jokes beannie, well done, it was only a matter of time before you won a race
  11. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    mate, it was tough. very tough. floodsim put up a damn good fight until about lap 14 or so, putting me into 5th i think. barra had an off, same with groover, leaving just natman and cob who scrapped and luckily i got through. a little bumping here and there with everything but nothing i think to upset anyone.

it's only half poiints for 2nd race anyway, but i'll take them where i can :)
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah Stig, was a mess for you tonight. Said in the room this game gives me the :):):):)s sometimes, unfortunately there is no easy solution, some nights are diamonds and others are stones, no rhyme or reason which makes it even harder....

@ as for your little clash with CJ, i must say he has a point. If you leave the door open and someone drives up the inside and makes the apex then you really should leave them room. I did see a few times where you took your normal line there, but CJ had made the corner as well so there was contact. Just need to be aware that there is someone there, and hold your line a little more. The one in race 2 was fair enough for CJ to redress, but the other side by side hits i would say was more on you than him....... ANYWAY.....we move on !

The results.......hope you all understand this........stick with me ! (pending any protests)

RACE 1
    POLE: Beannie. Well done mate, cracking lap.
    1. CJmonkey....great win ...... 25pts
    2. Beannie........................... 18pts
    3. Stuart............................. 15pts
    4. Joe................................. 12pts
    5. cob................................. 10pts
    6. Stumbles......................... 8pts
    7. Barra............................... 6pts
    8. N64thestig007.................. 4pts
    9. Floodsim.......................... 2pts
    10. Dutch............................ 1pt
    11. Groover DNF................... 0pts
    12. Natman DNS................... 0pts
    13. Aero DNS
    14. Firewind DNS

RACE 2 (half points)
    1. Beannie........................... 12.5pts + 18 = 30.5 (1st)
    2. Natman............................ 9pts + 0 = 9 (7th)
    3. Cob................................. 7.5pts + 10 = 17.5 (4th) FL (1:00:664)
    4. groover............................ 6pts + 0 = 6 (10th)
    5. floodsim........................... 5pts + 2 = 7 (8th) faster lap than barra 1:00:813
    6. joe.................................. 4pts + 12 = 16 (5th)
    7. stuart.............................. 3pts + 15 = 18 (3rd)
    8. stumbles.......................... 2pts + 8 = 10 (6th)
    9. Barra............................... 1pnt + 6 = 7 (9th) 1:00:980
    10. CJMonkey....................... .5pnt + 25 = 25.5 (2nd)
    11. N64thestig007................ DNF + 4 = 4 (11th)
    12. Dutch............................. DNS + 1 =1 (12th)
    13. Aero............................... DNS
    14. F1REWIND...................... DNS

So final positions
    1. Beannie 25 pts + 1 pole = 26pts
    2. cjmonkey 18 pts
    3. stuart 15 pts
    4. cob 12 + 1 FL = 13pts
    5. joe 10pts
    6. stumbles 8pts
    7. natman 6pts
    8. floodsim 4pts
    9. barra 2pts
    10. groover 1pnt
    11. n64thestig007 0pts
    12. Dutch 0 pts.

If there are any issues with the numbers here guys let me know.

Stu
  13. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    oh right, is that how it works... so i won the "round" with overall points from both races...so i get 1st place?
    I thought you get points from both races.... hahah
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

@beanie yeah, its just to work out the proper positions.

sorry to intrude, but at monza you have to pay more attention to the inside line rule as well. there were numerous times in our testing nights during dec/jan where i attempt a valid pass on the inside, only to be turned into by someone taking the normal line, especially in the chicanes or at the start of ascari.
    just thought i'd bring it up considering the problem seems to be more prominent there.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ladder updated, big drop for stig after this round.......

any issues let me know...

@ zamps, you are right.....its just about being aware of who is inside you when you leave the door open for a pass.

There are 2 different ways this might go down though.

1. Like tonight where stig took a wide line and CJ threw it up the inside, made the apex and the contact was from stig taking his normal line OR

2. if CJ was coming in too hot and using stig as a rail, then i would say it would go against CJ. (i didnt see that tonight by the way !!)

From where i was on track it was ok, no real harm done in the 2 instances i saw........ but it could get ugly if its not talked about and understood !
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    at least for stig, he can drop that round result to help him out at seasons end!!

so here we are stu - 1st and 2nd... i knew this would happen... ;)
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    LOL, driving miss daisy just going about his business beannie ;) :lol:

My race was good fun.

Qual sucked great big ones for me though, was running 1:01:7s and 8s :/ that was after doing about 5 or 6 1:01:00s in prac before the race....

Ended up starting 10th or 11th i think, with joe behind me who was bent over by the network after being 5th in qual.

Anyway, i got a good start, and held station, groover got booted, and passed a couple in turns 1 and 4, was up to about 7th i think, then it was like the gates parted and i was up to 4th after a few boys ran on at the hairpin.

So i was running with stumbles and joe and managed to get past stumbles on about lap 8, into 3rd and than had a great battle with Joe for the rest of the race, i assume stumbles had an off somewhere ??? I got a bit of a break on him (joe) but a few little mistakes from me, and consistent laps from him saw him on my rear bumper with 3 to go, so i had to get the fat arse out and try to cover my lines. I managed to get to the line in 3rd by .021 :p

JOE, full credit to you mate, you are a super clean racer and after a few little touches you didnt take advantage of it when you could have. respect !

Race 2 i started at the back again, and didnt get any higher than 6th, but had yet another good battle with joe and stumbles. I held 6th till about 5 to go when i made a little mistake and joe squeezed past, and gapped me a little. Last lap i was nearly close enough for a crack but this time he got there first by .2, with a pack up front 4 secs up the road.

Was some more good racing tonight guys.

Not sure what you can say about the network issues.

Its no-ones fault, Stumbles room is as solid as they come. Apologies for the late start, i like to give everyone a chance to stay in, but it does get to a point where we have to get going. Sorry nat !

@ stig, my earlier post isnt a dig at you mate, just an observation, and just part of the learning experience.

Well done to Beannie for his first ROOZ round win, and to CJ for his first div 2 podium.. Great stuff guys.

On to Monza for what will be another great race i reckon.

Stu
  18. WAC

PSN ID
    Man these races just keep getting better!
    Was abit frustrating with drivers not being able to stay in the room - would have been worse for Nat & Groov.
    As Stu said the network did kick me to the kerb in race 1 as i was gridded at the rear of the field even though i had qualied 5th?!
    Dutch - what happened mate? saw you cope a huge amount of damage at the start due to Groov net/stalling on the line then u drove off the track at turn 4?

Stumbles sorry mate i felt i had put you in harms way in race1 when i squeezed past you into T1 then slowed you down into T3 which put Barra up the inside of you causing your off..

Thanks Stuart..i was looking for the gap that was not really there so when i pushed you wide i thought not to try and
    gain the spot..fantastic racing - for a split second at the end of race 1 the game had me in 3rd place but then reset back to 4th (the gap was 0.03!)

I'm looking forward to watching the replays later in the week.
    Roll on Monza!!
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    No, there aren't any problems with cj, after looking at the replay I was simply turning in without a care whether someone was there or not (think Schumacher vs Villeneuve at Jerez '97). This is something I must re-address. But what I am confused about is how scored 0 points despite picking up 4 points in race 1. Does my disconnection or my robust driving have anything to do with that, or am I living under a rock? From what I understand is that some are keeping their best placing, so a DNF in Race 2 make Race 1 null and void?

EDIT: Don't worry, I understand now, I was 11th after the aggregate placings, hense 0 points. -_-
  20. WAC

PSN ID
    It was a tough day at the track Jono..will be watching out for you at Monza.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.