GT Sport Season 11 Division 4 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well what a night. Having put in some quick laps the night before (Thanks to @Easyprey007 for hosting), I had a fair idea of pace for the night (but thought I was off the pace tbh) - though when I jumped on last night for some practice before hand, I was amazed I was pulling 45/46's! So with my confidence renewed, when qualifying came up, I went for it. First flyer wasn't the greatest, so put my nose down, clear track, and pushed as much as I could - Ending up with Q4 of which I was elated.

Going into race, as always, the first few laps were close and high stress (and tbh, I love this type of racing - so I was enjoying it) eventually the field separated slightly as different strategies came into play. I was able to hold my lap times of 45's throughout most of my 13 lap stints, keeping it calm and collected with very minimal tyre slippage I was able to keep the nose straight, and push on. With the varying pit strategies, I was able to hold P1 for quite a few laps, and I was hoping that when it came down to the last stint, I would either be in the lead, or within the chance to get there - but alas, an incident happened where I got turned around the wrong way, and alas my hopes for a battle to the end were dashed, and caused me to drop too far behind to make any difference. For the rest of the race, I just concentrated on finishing in my position I was put into, and got it done.

Other than that incident, I was really really pleased with the race - I had good pace, I was holding my tyres and fuel out for my strategy the whole way through, to me it didn't feel like 90 mins haha.

Congrats @Chatwin on your P2 mate, well earned there - and yes I was watching the times when you were behind lol. Thanks for the race everyone. See you all at Mt. Panorama for some sprinting fun
    incey, arakasi-, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    When I saw vardz doing 44s easy before the race i knew there was not going to be a podium for me in the near future. when i saw guys getting more than 8 laps of tyres and more than 10 laps of fuel i thought i must be in the wrong div. anyway, q6 p5 was much better than expected so that means i had a good night. time seemed to fly and even though i wasn't injoying the track i enjoyed the company on chat. wd the podium, will be interesting to see how the positions pan out in the longer term.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and Matthyus like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qualled well in 3rd, another surprise in itself.
    After my random spin at the hairpin after the back straight on Lap 2, veering me oddly left into the grass area, I came back on cleanly, however the tyres didn't like turning after that and I came in to Sausage Central out of sorts, zigging that way and zagging the other, spitting my car out onto the astro on the other side of the right hand turn.
    As for the @Chatwin nudge, I had no clue you were there as I was busy just trying to keep my car on the black stuff (unsuccessfully I might add). Sorry champ if I caused you to go off the track.
    After that debacle and luckily only losing 1 spot through it, I went about my merry way and stuck to my strategy of a 3 stop and keeping it clean and tidy. I knew I wasn't going to be fast so I didn't bother to push and considering that I didn't like this track and couldn't find any rhythm, unlike last week, I'm very pleased to have taken 4th.

Kudos to @tfeccles for the comms over the night, it made it a very swift night.
    Well done to the podium pack, just too fast and consistent today.

See you for the sprint round.

NOTE - As @incey mentioned when he logged on, he noticed that I had a full 5 bars for my room connection (something he had never seen before for me, living in good ol WA a bajillion miles from anyone). The other day I was trying to get Remote Play to work on my Vita and went through all the Port Forwarding bits and bobs. Well I guess it works :)
    incey, Xtr3meNZer and ControllaGod like this.
  4. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Well, thank “F” that’s over.
    After much practice through the week, super stoked to grab P1 in qually. Lead Vardz until first pit stop at Lap 9 with about a 4 second buffer over 3rd. Come out of the pits for the second stint and the car felt like it had a flat Tyre and was all over the place. Had a double spin at the last chicane on Lap 11 which pretty much screwed me, got dive bombed on lap 14 and it all turned to :):):):) from there.
    Congratz to Vards on his first win of the season and the rest of the podium.
    Matthyus and incey like this.
  5. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Question - is race 2 this week Reverse Grid ?
    Just that it doesn't specify it is in O.P.

EDIT *** - just read driver briefing , it isn't
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP actually says grid based on previous race results for sprint race 2
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    NO
  10. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Nope, they stay behind.
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I was just wondering. All good
    Hatfield likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  14. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Thanks guys - I certainly did NOT expect to be in this position in this field! It certainly will be a mission to keep it until the end of the season, but hey, I'll do my best.

Bathurst should be a bit of fun this week!
    emmo46, Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  15. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry Guys I am out tonight I had a fall and injured my shoulder ....
    Good luck all !!!
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Seniors moment?
    incey likes this.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    So sorry to hear that. I hope you heal soon. Cut down on the alcohol a bit may be.;)
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Hard luck mate. Go get gooder :D
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If there isn't space in div 5 for @Peersy , @FlaccidFox has said he can race in div 4 if they have space
    ControllaGod likes this.
  20. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

My PSN is 'SR_FlaccidFox' for room captain if you have room for me. TYIA
    ControllaGod likes this.