GT Sport Season 11 Division 4 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 5 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Results
    [​IMG]
    McCracken - DSC
    Race 1 Timings
    [​IMG]
    McCracken - 2.03.000
    Race 2 Results
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Xtr3meNZer and Apex_64 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    incey, Matthyus and Apex_64 like this.
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It's making the run to the flag very interesting.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and Matthyus like this.
  5. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

thanks for letting me race here tonight guys. and thank you to @incey @pat65 and @Xtr3meNZer for the fun battles.
    very fortunate to get a race win. should have been yours incey. way too fast all night.
    here's my race replay. hard work trying to chase you down those last 3 laps!

really looking forward to doing it all again next week :)
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've never done well at this track and likely recorded my best efforts here yet with dual 5th finishes.
    Kuods to @incey and the rest of the podium to not only race clean but fast.
    I managed a pb of 2.02.2 but a 2.00 time in D4 was always going to be hard to beat.
    It goes to show that this season D4 has been the most competitive I've seen it in recent memory.
    Thank you to @arakasi- for those thrilling few laps in R2, you really made me work for that overtake.

My run for the win is slim, but not impossible. Same goes for anyone in the top 5 / 6.

See you next week at RBR.
  7. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    What a fun night it was last night - quite enjoyed the sprint round!

Going from 7th to 3rd in my first race I was very happy with that - keeping it on the black stuff and going down the mountain without hitting the walls proved to be very important here. I had quite a few good laps with people in front, and behind - Couldn't tell you all due to concentrating on the track so intensively lol. Few standouts though were @incey @pat65 and @FlaccidFox - Incey and Pat just way too fast, last stint on the 2nd race I thought I might catch up - but I was dropping away each lap, though I thought I was pushing it with 2.02's - but it just wasn't enough. Flaccid did well to catch up to me, and I couldn't shake him - couldn't believe he managed a no stopper on the first race, well done.

Rather enjoyable night, happy with my 3rd and 4th placings respectively - bring on RBR this Sunday :)
    arakasi-, Matthyus and incey like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess @FlaccidFox has earned the final full time spot in this div ay?
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    What a beauty eh! Haven't had a win for awhile so that was pretty enjoyable. In practice earlier in the day when i was trying to work out a strategy i was crashing all over the place once i got to lap 5 on the tyres. I must be the worst on tyres and fuel in our div. I knew a trye change didn't take long so the two stop startegy looked like a good idea. Surprised myself with the qually lap to get pole. Wasn't too upset about only having one lap as I thought anyone who can beat that deserves it.
    Had an ordinary start but eventually got in a groove once Pat gave me some space. Knocked out some quick laps and had a bit of an awkward mountain straight after pitting and I'm glad Pat pitted the next lap to give me clear air. Never had much trouble after that.
    Race 2 I had high confidence of the two stop and it worked again. @FlaccidFox put me under pressure at the end of race 2 resulting in a few errors, one of which left him close enough to grab the spot down conrod on the last lap. Don't know how you did 11 laps on the one tank and still had more than i did at the end.
    Haven't had the trifecta of Pole, FL and overall win for awhile so very happy with the result.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 6: Red Bull Ring - 31 Laps - 10:45 Cloudy - 24/5
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful cutting and running wide at T1,2,7,8. You are allowed to cross the line with 4 wheels on the right hand side going into T5.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Please make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Failure to do so, where an incident/impede is caused, will have consequences
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
  11. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry guys I am out again this week ....Have a great race All....
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I will be away for an extended weekend for Round 7. Public holiday here in WA.
    Sadly that will likely put me out of contention for a podium or championship victory.
  13. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Booo :(
  14. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

I’m out this week. Good luck to all tonight.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I agree
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  16. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

I will check later, but if there is room, I might jump on for a run tonight if home in time.
    Xtr3meNZer, Matthyus and Peersy like this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 6 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Steve - 1.29.752 - DSC
    Xtr3meNZer and Hatfield like this.
  18. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well what a night!
    With the rush of qualifying 3rd still fresh, the start of the race went pretty smoothly from where I was - didn't see anyone tip up and didn't hear any chatter - a good start to the race, especially with that T1 and T2.

I can't remember what lap it was, but in the first stint I gained to position 1, and was ready to knuckle down, and try and increase the gap to 2nd - and then I came unstuck, and turned myself around lol. Managed to get the nose pointing back in the right direction, but I couldn't tell you what position I was in - was too busy looking ahead lol (I think 6th or 7th? maybe further back?). Kept my head down and stuck to my plan of a two stopper - pitting lap 11 and 22. Had a few little slip ups on the way through, but no spins, had an unfortunate incident at T3 which was redressed and was an accident (slightest of touches while both under braking and was just the worst spot on the corner - no hard feelings @incey) - Still managed to push my laps and get on with it.

Coming into the last few laps, I had @Matthyus and @pat65 in front of me. Managed to keep right in behind Matthyus and took him at turn 7 Rindt - having Pat about 2-3 seconds ahead with two laps to go I didn't think I was going to catch up, and was going to settle into third, until I realised I still had plenty of fuel, fresh(sh) tyres - so went for it. On the last lap having 1.8 seconds to catch Pat, I was doing my best - unfortunately he had a loss of traction on the rumble pads on the outside of turn 2, and I was close enough to be able to take advantage and gain P2. Carried on pushing it last lap (Honestly thinking back I should have eased off, and just held the position safely) to come home with the FL on the last lap.

Though I didn't win the race - congrats to @FlaccidFox on the win - you're too quick! - coming in 2nd (again lol) was quite an achievement for me after coming off those couple of times.

Here's to the last round next week! Good luck guys
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  19. FlaccidFox

FlaccidFox Rookie

thanks again for the race. wasnt even expecting a podium here. was still working out brake bias preferences in quali. was very surprised to put it on pole. saw @Xtr3meNZer pull a 27.9 in practice and figured i would be settling for a spot in the midfield. equally as surprised to find my race pace was competitive. a real shame for extr3me, he had amazing pace all night and fully deserved the win. fingers crossed for interlagos mate. you're due a trophy :)

here's my race replay:
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield