DIVISION 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Will be great to have you back doug. Good stuff.

EDIT Ive been given wiki admin powers :twisted: I'll get around to updating it on the weekend, I think I can work it out :? Ive only edited basic wikis at whirlpool......Had a quick look .,I"ll just copy the codes :cool:
  2. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Updated for you tek. btw everyone is responsible for checking their own points tally, any errors, let tek know.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi Guys,

couple of things.....

Practice tonight from about 9 if anyone interested.

Tek, i am going to send some messages through PSN to the guys who havent been racing (but on the div 3 list) but didnt want to hassell them if they have already confirmed with you. Who has confirmed for sunday??

Points question.....does a DNS count as worst round dropped from final points?

Thanks guys, hopefully talk to some of you tonight

Stu
  4. BadarZ

BadarZ New Recruit

I'm away this weekend guys. Sorry.
  5. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Yes, the round where you scored the least points will be dropped, this allows you to miss a round for life outside of GT5 and not suffer a setback in your championship position.
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Havent sent out any PSN messages yet for this week, so havent got any confirmed yet. I can do tonight tho. Race start same time as last week. 7:30 est room open for practice, 8:30 pm est race start.

Where we stand.

Confirmed withdrawls from season
    Lunz
    Trustrfire

Presumed withdrawls (no responce, no PSN log on, or havent raced.
    Blu boy
    Nhutty
    Whilblah
    awesome alex

Hopefull Sunday starters
    1 Tek
    2 Stu
    3 Rico
    4 Mick
    5 Gary
    6 Dougz (if ps3 back)
    7 RS172 (havent recieved a friend request from him yet)
    8 Ostey (we can invite him to div 3) <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=232&p=5909#p5909">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=232&p=5909#p5909</a><!-- l -->
    9 Dori_kid (we can invite him to but he might blitz us)

Away for race
    Badarz

Ill join you for practice if im on tonight, not sure at this stage tho.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok cool, raced ostey last night and suggested he join....glad to see he has!!

talk to you tonight if you get on

Stu
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Sorry didnt get a chance to practice, getting bit late for me :) Will have to do some havent driven the TVR for awhile.

Anyway, you should of all recieved race information though PSN. Looks like we should have 9 this week which would be great (waiting to see if anyone have prob with race time)
    Ostey and RS172 are now on my friends list.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dont apologise Tek, we had a good session.....about 6 of us...i spent more time doing doughnuts and offroading than staying on the black stuff!!

Looking forward to sunday
    Stu
  10. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Yet you still managed to beat me in nearly every race haha.
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Great race guys really enjoyed it, lucky I was able to just sit back and cruise most of the race putting pressure on those in front. Everyone showed good clean driving skills.

I started watching the replay so I finished it.

Results
    1 tekNique 1:40.119
    2 Stucar 1:41.202
    3 Doug 1:40.803
    4 Dori Kid 1:40.847
    5 Rico 1:41.294
    6 Gary 1:41.171
    7 GTP_RS172 1:43.632

Was a good race for all i think, Stu started on pole with a 1:40.4xx. I had my webber start and dropped back to 5th, every one was close together so I just bided my time. 1st rico lost it thru the corkscrew alowing me to take 4th, from there it was nose to tail racing with me Doug, Dori and stu leading up front. Dori was the 2nd to have a moment allowing me to take 3rd, another few laps went by before doug copped a penalty thru the corky allowing me to take 2nd.

At that this point I was happy to just sit on Stu's tail and make him soak up the pressure, as he had some one up his clacker the whole race so far :mrgreen: Meanwhile 10 or so seconds back an awesome battle for 3rd is brewing with doug, Dori, rico and gaz all running nose to tail. GTP_RS was struggling with the car abit

Lap 12 Im running about .5 behind Stu constantly, he has a massive moment going into turn 1. I back off getting ready to just roll by but amazingly he saves it and keeps 1st. Lap 14 I start to get a little punchy and show a wide move thru turn 4 I back off and slot in behing though . Lap 15 turn 4 again i take the wide line again then do a beatuiful in and under move ;) as stu cant make the apex due to his tight inside line.

From there i was able to get a little break, as sitting behind I could conserve my tyres allowing me to finish the race with a 4 second lead. Stu drove a great race and took alot of pressure all race, I thought he deserved the win........
    Doug rounded out the podium fighting off a spirted Dori kid.

Finished with a race time of about 30 mins 25 secs.
  12. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

Hi there, I've just been told that I'd be able to join Div. 3 by the board admin. I hope for some fun races with you all.

I'm a Canadian living in Japan, so I hope the connection to Australia will be free enough of lag.

My PSN is DarthDavis, and I've added tekniqueau as a friend, as directed. Too bad I missed the race today :-( I could have made it with my Sunday schedule.

Anyway, any advice on getting ready for the next session?

Cheers to everyone.
    Jesse
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Welcome Jesse.

Best advice I can give is make sure that you practice online (not in arcade mode) as the physics are completely different.

Cheers,
    Gary
  14. GTP_RS172

GTP_RS172 Eddie J

PSN ID
    RS172
    Great report.

It was nerve racking being my first race with Ozgtleague, and had some hairy moments as indicated above.

Found the Tamora nice to drive and certainly the powerband at the top end quite a handful. Anyways clean racing very happy i was not lapped, though was a little concerned at lap 16 as i could see the leaders in the overhead map ;)

Great racing all and hope to learn more as we go along. Thanks :)
  15. Dori_kid

Dori_kid New Recruit

I was very nervous as well for my first race, but i really enjoyed race. I will catch you next time. cheers
  16. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Yeh, it was a really good race. Just wish i could've kept the pace with the front 2 guys.
    I thought Dori had me covered. I was struggling in the later part of the race. Then on the last corner of the 2nd last lap Dori ran off into the sand allowing me to get past with a bit of a gap over him.
    Really happy with 3rd on my 1st week back. Hopefully i can keep it up :)
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great race tek,

Had a good pole lap, which i couldnt replicate in the race......

Got a good start (staggered grid is very generous at Laguna) and tried for the first 3 laps to pull a gap, but made a small error at the cork-screw and had dori on my tail for a few laps till he made a move at turn 1 but was going about 300k too fast and went into the kitty litter.

Next doug was pressing me till he made an error and got pinged (not before he liberace'd me temora!! :lol: ) then i knew i would have my work cut out holding off Tek

We had about 8 laps of nose to tail racing and not one touch. The gap bounced a little till i had a massive moment on about lap 12 when my right rear clipped the sand after the kink on the straight, i managed to save it but Tek was all over me like a fat kid on candy after that!

He got passed on 14, but ran wide on the way up to the corkscrew and i got passed again, then on 16 he faked a move in turn 4 which i covered but missed the apex, ran wide, and the rest is history as they say!

Great race guys, its really good knowing that your not going to get "bashed up" and run off the track. Real credit to everyone i think

Looking forward to Rome where hopefully i can get one back on Tek, and keep you other guys behind!! :mrgreen:

Stu
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ah i remember that now, i was close to going off so backed it off to stay on track.

Ive updated the wiki with results. http://wiki.gtleagueoz.com/index.php/Season_3
    Gaz I corrected your position from Autumn ring and your points, I havent added Dori kid and GTP to the wiki yet, think might have to cull some of the regular no shows of it. Points should be correct I doubled checked all results.

Your numbered postions are correct, but I havent moved you around yet, (Gaz as you can see your 4th, but appear down abit, i might stuff the wiki i try move :cool: )

Good to see ya last night GTP it takes awhile to get used to the car and tyres, in the end we want ppl to have fun. Mad mick and badz should be back next week, you should give each other a good run for your money.

Hi DarthDavis my PSN handle is tekNiqueAU, if i dont get your friend request I'll send one next time im on. Races are generally at 8:30pm AEST sunday, with qual from 8pm.
    /cheers

PS, need a volunteer for a vice captian, incase for any reason i cant make a race or my net fudges VC will host.

EDIT Ive cleaned up the wiki moving everyone into correct posistions (getting used to it now). I will remove Nhutty and blu boi and add all the new starters with there race points during the week.

Edit done already Dori and RS your both on there now...getting the hang of it :)
  19. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. I will be online tonight between 8 and or thereabouts in for a practice session. If anyone else is up for some laps then drop me a line on PSN.

Cheers!
  20. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Im not sure if Ill be on tonight, but.......incase your not sure the next track is ROME. Car is TVR tamora 02', sports hard tyres. All aids off except TC and ABS, off track set to "real". I think the next race is a sprint round, which consists of 2 shorter races with the second race being a reverse grid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.