ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 10 Paul Ricard 90 minute Enduro.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 20, 2020.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

You've had a terrible run - hope your luck turns around soon. I got hit by your favourite driver, in a similar fashion to how he got you several times, but maybe more blatant. Have lodged a protest.
    Coanda likes this.
  2. Daniel Benefield

Daniel Benefield New Recruit

I'm much interested how I'm meant to predict that you're going to completely over shoot the apex and over slow the car as a result.
  3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yeah sorry about that. Marty has kindly uploaded his replay files here so go grab them and take a look. I made a mistake which put me off track and when I got to the apex at the final corner I was at a shallow angle and unfortunately got in your way. You then hit me sending me off track again and unfortunately you also lost a position.

Having said that I think it's a bit over the top to say that I "torpedoed" you, and to say that I "massively" cut a corner. In both cases it's almost the opposite. I went off super wide into the boonies and had to come back to the final apex in order to avoid cutting the whole final corner. I admit I arrived at the apex very shallow and thus got in your way but I was not out of control and I didn't torpedo anyone. You then hit me sending me off the other side of the track where I fell to the back of the field. Don't get me wrong - I'm not blaming you for the incident but there's no need to overstate what happened. By all means lodge a protest if you like as that what the system is there for and I'm not about to take it personally.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Guys regarding race incidents, discussion of these are cool if kept friendly and in a way we can all learn from them. I don't think anyone is trying to purposefully take others out but a bit more care in general may be needed. Everyone makes the odd mistake and if there is a contact you think should be addressed use the protest methods and let it get dealt with by the admins there regarding any penalties that may need to be given.

A general friendly discussion of incidents does help everyone get on the same page, accidents will happen but also if you do spin someone the general etiquette would be to redress that position when safe. Unless the other person tells you not to as they may already be out of the race.

Even a redress can cause issues like here, so in a large field it may be best to continue on a bit then give the place back when its not as hazardous.

Talking of incidents if anyone didnt see the AM SRO Spa race with likely dynamic weather this time. :p
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  5. tezpez85

Just gonna leave this here

6. tezpez85

Is that what you call overshooting an apex?
    Coanda likes this.
  7. Daniel Benefield

I mean you certainly weren't on it
  8. Mia_09

Mia_09 New Recruit

He wasn't expecting you to swing out like that, he was thinking that you'd hug the kerb, not take the line you did.
  9. tezpez85

I was until you punted me off.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The incident ahead likely made terry slow more then expected which caught out the car behind a bit, I would still suggest a redress in such a situation for spinning another car and gaining the place.
  11. Mia_09

Mia_09 New Recruit

Like i said in the race, i thought you'd give me room to "rejoin the circuit" (as really track limits there go a bit off the actual track) as i had overlap on you, but you didn't, so i went to rejoin the track, and sadly hit you. It does seem like though that in those clips, you were only racing for yourself and not adjusting to what is happening around you. Sometimes you just have to look at an incident from the other perspective to understand why you were put into that situation to begin with.
  12. tezpez85

4 incidents where you've span others in 6 races. Nice record you've got there.
  13. Daniel Benefield

Yeah and only 1 that's been my fault.
  14. tezpez85

[​IMG]
    Coanda likes this.
  15. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

After looking at the replay it's still a dumb decision to come back on in that way, but it's less egregious then it looked. From my cockpit view it looked like you veered hard off to the right in the middle of the 2nd to last corner, then came back on at the last corner at a slow 45 degree angle to me (the torpedo reference meant more the angle it looked like came at, not that it was intentional), I didn't realise you somewhat made the corner since you snapped off to the right outside of my view.

It wasn't more the position, it was the damage I got from it adding a lot of time to my stint since the pit window wasn't open for a long while yet. But that's racing, sorry I was pissed off about it since it did look really bad from my end but I can see it was a bad decision but not protestable one like some of the ones being shown/discussed here, I mean I could but I think you got the idea that wasn't a smart rejoin
    krunch likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I already made adjustments on the entry and exit. I can't suddenly disappear. I think you need to take your own advice and adjust to what is happening around you.. My goodness I can't even believe your trying to justify your actions here..

Never would I try to pull a high speed risky move on the outside whilst being fat with fuel, run off the track, hit the guy on the rejoin and then try and pass the blame. What is worst is you have a car park to rejoin there..

chopper cam
    tezpez85 likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Everyone knows that is a corner you feather out on after going close or mounting the inside kerb or take it late and wide like Andy does. Terry was already entering on a tighter line based on what was happening in front which to me would have told me he would run even more wide than normal through the mid point of the corner.. The car in front has every right to take whatever line he wants.

The argument of; it's your fault, you didn't run a perfect qualy line thats why I hit you is very weak..

Dave P - 1:35
    tezpez85 likes this.
  18. Mia_09

Mia_09 New Recruit

Look, i'm not saying that what i did was amazing, i could've backed off and then continue on, but, this was my 2nd attempt at overtaking you, and i had the pace to pass you, so in that situation i went for it because i had overlap. I'm not gonna say anything else about this, as we both continued on after it, but, you just need to give room no matter what, i was in that wreck as i thought you'd give me some sort of room to rejoin with, yet you didn't. Next round i'll just make sure to qualify better so i don't have to deal with all of this :rolleyes:
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

your a winner :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  20. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Regarding the starting grid bug.....there had to be ONE...lol....
    After the grid restart I noticed my set up crapped out, all dampers at 2. No set actually saved so scrambled to apply aggressive + tyres, fuel, strat etc...
    Drivers with aggression set to 100 in the early laps took each other out right in front of me...I t-boned both, no where to go...damage....(it's a long race)
    Strange cuts just by touching the wrong curb in the wrong places gave me a drive through......bailed out...eff it lol