DIVISION 2 -SEASON 11

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 5, 2020.

1. brenticles

brenticles Rookie

Crewe's finest the Bentley for me thanks
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, hope last night gave you all some good racing.... Remember that different tracks suit the different cars so if last night you struggled, there are tracks ahead that will suit your car. ;) if you have any replays post them up, ill be happy to throw them up on the facebook feed to promote and create interest.

Just wanted to nail a few things while last nights race is fresh in everyone's head... Been a common theme in the div chats of contact between drivers. We want big grids, because that's where you get great 'racing'.
    - Lap 1, big grid, just be careful and give room ! The most common thing we see are guys in the mid pack rear ending into the front runners, and that creates issues ..... If you are following someone and cant make a pass, brake a little earlier until you can get a run on them. Be patient !
    - For lap 1, give room and stay in your 'lane' until the grid shakes out. In the start pack you just cant run a normal race line when you are 2 or 3 wide ;););).
    - Make sure you have your spotter and proximity indicators on.
    - When returning to the track after an 'off' make sure the track is clear !
    All pretty simple stuff that is normal racing etiquette...

Most importantly, show respect to the drivers in your league. We are all here for the same thing.
    On to round 2....
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Good fun race last night Gents. I was happy with my qually time in the big Bentley and got a reasonable start and made it through turn 1clean picked my way through the carnage at turn 9 and came out in 4th I think.
    Pitted in the cold didn't take anything and came out in 5th got heaps of pressure from Aadman later in the race and was very happy to see him spinning I thought thank God for that then Gaz started to pull me in I think you would of had me if there where a couple more laps. No major mistakes was the key to my result in that car around that track.
    Congratulations to the podium those Porsches where very quick around there I hope it is a different story at the next track.
    See you on the black stuff
    Ant
    stucar17, George, BJHooligan and 2 others like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Anthonyb and BJHooligan like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys,
    Just further to the driver briefing.... generic message to all divs.
    - SWERVING
    - Fuji has been notorious for swerving on the straights, causing issues. A reminder, you can change your line once, but swerving on the straight to prevent the car behind from passing is not allowed.
    - PIT ENTRY
    - The pit entry at 4:38 is not allowed, drivers should be attempting to stay within track limits. The painted area is considered OFF TRACK
    - the entry at 9:30 is almost right !
    - Entry at 13:08 is perfect !
    -
    Drivers who are found taking a straight line entry into the pits, with no reason to be on the paint, will receive a 5 second penalty added to their race time.
    HEADLIGHTS

- A reminder that 'FLASHING" of lights to try distract the driver in front is not allowed.
    Thanks
    BJHooligan and Adam Parsons like this.
  6. Anthonyb

7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Well done on the win Missile. Congrats also to the podium.

Some great racing again.

Also well done to everyone for making sure we had another full grid of 16 this week :)
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Adam Parsons and Themissile43 like this.
  9. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Apologies to everyone in the field tonight. I not only apart from being horribly slow I also drove like a big steamy pile of :poop::poop::poop: If there was anyone I didn't hit I would be surprised. I hope I didn't #uck up anyone race too badly :(
    BJHooligan and Bounty05 like this.
  10. Anthonyb

All good mate we all have our nights
    BJHooligan likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, couple of things....
    1. Looks like the overwhelming majority of drivers ARE available to race this sunday so unless there is a late surge of unavailable's then we will run this weeks Round 4 as scheduled
    2. Stewards group are currently working through about 7 protests so until they are sorted results will be provisional. Will try to sort asap so the ladders can be updated and results confirmed.
    Thanks stu
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Quick update, all protests are now compiled (6 in total) and all drivers involved have responded. Stewards group working through each protest and will try have results of those protests out tonight, so Bounty can do the tables (pending appeals). Thanks stu
    BJHooligan and Anthonyb like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  14. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Old habits die hard, wrong Div! :oops:
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Jim_aka_The_Man and George like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Interesting race last night. I didn't seem to have any grip compared to my practice earlier in the week. So I was a full second off my pb in qualifying and 2 seconds of the pace in the race.
    Qually time put into 7th.
    Got a reasonable start but I could tell straight away I was still struggling for grip so I tried to maintain some kind of consistency during the first stint before pitting but I was slowing going backwards. Mind you I had great battle's with @Bounty05 @garyw61 a couple of others trying to hold my place.
    As soon as I spotted anything that looked like rain I pitted which was at the end of 13. I pitted from 9th I think a few stayed out for 1 or 2 more laps and when the pit stops all had finished I was back to 6th I dropped to 8th still struggling for grip but as the race went on the 3 Acura's in front of me seemed to struggle the more it dried and I picked up 2 spots finishing in 6th.
    Had some great side by side racing in the dry and wet without any bumps or scraps which made it great fun.
    Unlucky @Blue XR8 on the pit glitch you had good pace.
    Congratulations to @brettwant7 on the win and TT and missile on the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant
    brettwant7 and garyw61 like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Round 4 time comparison up
    garyw61 likes this.
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  19. stucar17